Over the years

Some things aren't meant to be

This is how over the years sounded before I decided to write it differently due to long disgussions and evaluations with my dear Sanni 

 

Youngjae is a quiet child.
He doesn't talk much and he's shy around people he's more of an observer with big, round, doe eyes and chubby cheeks.
Little Youngjae likes it, he rather listens than talks, rather watched than being watched.
He's very attentive, enjoys the colors and sounds that surround him and he loves to giggle and laugh.
There aren't many people the little boy let's close, he often hides behind his mother's legs when they try to talk to him.
He's got a tendency to turn red when people look at him and he rather not have them try to touch him.
There's only a couple people the boy really opens up to, one of them is a tall, slender boy, with hazelnut colored hair and a very low voice that is soft around the edges.
He likes when that boy smiles because it's a very friendly and warm smile and it makes Youngjae giggle because he can see all of the boy's teeth when he does and it's funny.

Youngjae likes that boy, he calls him Gukkie because his real name is too hard to pronunce but the boy doesn't mind.

There's also people Youngjae dislikes more than others.
He doesn't like the tall blond boy with curly yellow hair, which looks like the noodles his mom cooks for lunch.
The boy is too tall, he's like a giant and it scares Youngjae when he towers over him.
His little body shivers when he looks at the noodle haired giant because that giant never looks very friendly, only smiles when Gukkie is around and Youngjae doesn't like that Gukkie smiles so happily for that giant as well.
As there are people Youngjae dislikes more than others, there are also people Youngjae likes far more than others too.
He likes Gukkie but he likes someone else a lot more than him.
If he had to let someone know just how much he likes that person he'd have to spread his arms far, very far apart, until he wouldn't be able to spread them any further and still it wouldn't be enough.
Youngjae really likes that person so much he'd share his chocolate dessert with him or let him play with his favorite car toy and he would not take it back like he does when he (occasionally) hands it to friends.

Actually he'd let that boy play with all of his favorite toys if he wanted to, that's just how much he likes and trust him.
The boy's name is Daehyun but he doesn't call him that, he says DaeDae cause it's similar to Dada and that makes it easy to say and it's a name only Youngjae calls him and nobody else is allowed to.
Daehyun in return calls him Jaejae, sometimes he only says Jae and Youngjae likes it because it makes their names sound similar.
He only listens to that name when Daehyun says it though, he never responds when someone else tries calling him with that special name because it's all and fully reserved for Daehyun to use.


When his mom takes him to some place with many, many people Youngjae is very awkward at first, he doesn't like how he's looked at and spoken to and he hides behind his mom's legs for a good amount of time, holding on to her hand tightly.
He only lets go of it when he sees the familiar figure of a boy.
His little hand breaks free from his mom's hold and his short legs carry him running towards Daehyun, not fast enough for his liking.
He's happy when Daehyun crotches down to wrap his arms around him and lifts him up.
He doesn't like to be lifted, he really doesn't because the height scares him and he's afraid to fall but when it's Daehyun's arms wrapped around his form he feels save and that makes it ok.
Youngjae clings to him and hugs him tight, tighter than anyone else and he giggles just a little when Daehyun squeezes his cheek.


If anyone asked him who he liked better Pikachu or Daehyun he'd gladly name DaeDae as his favorite choice and it just sounds so right to him when he says :

“When I'm grown up I marry DaeDae!”

but then everyone laughs and Daehyun seems embarrassed but Youngjae means every word.