Chapter 10

Healing (Hiatus)

A/N: Here's the update again!!! Please enjoy everyone! ^___^

 


 

So warm …

He tried to open his eyes but due to light entering into his eyes so suddenly, he squinted them first while trying to get up.

“Ouch …”

Rubbing his temples, he closed his eyes back since the headache was no joke at the moment. How much had he drunk last night seriously?

Then, he opened his eyes slowly again and found himself being wrapped around by a fluffy beige blanket. That was why he felt so warm.

Wait. Beige Blanket?

He nearly jumped out of the bed, remembering his blanket was white one. For the first time after waking up, he turned his head around to look at the room he was in.

NO. It was not his room!

Being panicked at the fact that he had been sleeping in the bedroom of someone, he tried to get out from the bed. But his severe headache did not allow him to do as he wanted.

“Ahhhh …”

He fell back to the bed, sinking his head to the fluffy pillow and trying to ease the pain in his head. Then, a manly scent entered into his nose from the pillow and the sheets.

“Wait … Don’t tell me …”

Murmuring to himself, he tried to recall everything before he had passed out last night and once he remembered what he had done last night, a small shriek came out from him.

“Aiiishhh … Stupid!!!! Why did you come to Eric’s apartment? Are you crazy?”

He hit his head for being stupid and it made his headache worse, of course. A faint growl was let out while he pressed his head hard into the pillow as if it could make him disappear right now.

After closing his eyes for a few minutes to drive away his headache, he finally managed to sit up again and looked around the room he was in. It was quite neat and tidy for a man’s room and simply furnished with basis furniture.

Then, he wondered, “Where is Eric?”

Actually, he felt glad that Eric was not beside him when he woke up since he did not know how to face the other after barging into his apartment in drunken state and passing out. After all the things he had done to Eric, it was embarrassing for him to be taken care by the other again. He hated that he became the burden for Eric again.

He checked himself although he believed Eric was not the type to take advantage on him in his drunken state. His clothes were all in place and Eric just wrapped the blanket around him. And there was nothing strange feeling or pain in his body, except the fact that he was having a hangover.

The small alarm clock on the bedside table showed him that it was already nearly noon. That was why a growling sound from his inside kept appearing since he woke up. As far as he remembered, his last meal was like 16 hours ago if he did not include some snacks he had had while drinking.

Getting out of the bed, he made the messy bed into a neat condition and opened the bedroom door slowly, wondering if Eric was outside. But he could not see or hear any living soul in the whole living room when he walked into the room, putting his steps softly. Instead of Eric, there was a huge lump of a pillow and a blanket on the couch, showing him where Eric had slept last night. That sight made him feel more burdened and embarrassed since he had literally kicked the owner of the apartment out of his own bedroom.    

After wandering the whole apartment, he realized Eric was not here at all. He told himself to just take a glass of water before going back to his apartment since his throat was so dry as an aftereffect of the hangover.

Once he entered the kitchen, he saw the plastic shopping bag on the dining table with a yellow sticky note beside it. Reluctantly did he pick up the note and read it out loid.

 

To Hyesung,

                I have to go to the office … I bought a hangover drink and some sandwich for you…. They are all packed and from supermarket so  you can have them without worries…. I can’t put anything into them, right?

                And don’t feel sorry for last night. I’m glad you came to find me, actually. ^_^

                Ah … my door password is easy … just 147 … I know you don’t need it to get out and lock the door back … I … just want to tell it to you … so you can come again if you want … :D

                Take a hangover drink and eat sandwich … Take care in going back your room … See you!

 

P.S : Hyesung-ah … I’m sorry but I don’t think I can keep my promise … because I’m going to take care of you from now on … even if you don’t like … just bear with me … <3

 

He knew himself that he was blushing so hard after reading the note. No one had ever written to him like that and although it was a simple short note, he could feel Eric’s sincerity in each word.

And what’s with all those emoticons? There was even a heart at the end of it ….

Oh …. A heart?

He looked back at the note and a prettily drawn heart sign made his own heart flutter again. Why did Eric draw a heart in his note?

He even said he was going to take care of him. Why so suddenly?

Then, a faint memory of last night flashed back in his mind.

“Eric-ah … please … take care of me … take me …. lo … love me …”

Oh …

He squatted down on the floor, covering his face with both of his hands, although there was no one around him.

It was so embarrassing …

After all these years that he had built a wall around his heart to keep it apart from other people, why did he suddenly beg Eric to take care of him?

It was so unlike him ….

Why had all of his walls broken apart when it came to Eric? And all this time, he thought he could not trust Eric, like he could not trust anyone else. But still, …

He had confessed to Eric … can it be called a confession?

But surprisingly, together with his confusion and embarrassment, he felt relieved at the same time. Like a huge burden falling off from his shoulders.

Maybe the thing he had been waiting from Eric was this?

He stood up and this time sat down on the chair properly, trying to open the plastic bag to find the drink and the sandwich. As Eric said in the note, they were bought from the supermarket and still untouched.

He slowly opened the bottle and drank all content in one go, hoping it could really help his headache and hangover. Finishing the whole bottle, he was hesitant first whether he should eat sandwich or not. It was not like he thought Eric had tampered with it but since it had been so long that he had not eaten anything from other people, it became a habit to him.

But he began unpacking the sandwich and took a bite. It was quite good and in no time, he finished it without a trace. Then, his eyes caught the sight of the yellow note again.

“He even told me his door password … Why does he trust me so much?”

He mumbled a bit but only he knew that there was a faint smile blossoming on his face.

 


 

“Haaaaahhhh ….”

He stretched his arms and felt the ache throughout his body since he had spent his night on the couch. Although it was uncomfortable to sleep on the couch, he was in a good mood the whole day. And he kept thinking about the one who was sleeping on his bed.

Hyesung.

Last night, when Hyesung had appeared so suddenly in front of his door and told him his inner feelings, he had been so dumbfounded, he admitted. After that, Hyesung had passed out and he had had no choice but to carry him to his bedroom although he could imagine how the other would be in shock when he woke up.

Actually he could not sleep well the whole night since he had been worried for Hyesung and kept checking him throughout the night. But fortunately, maybe due to the influence of alcohol, Hyesung has slept so soundly like a baby until he had left for work. 

Then, he cracked into big smile thinking about his cheesy note. He did not know what had been in his mind while he was writing that note but one thing for sure was that he really wanted to deliver his feelings and thoughts to Hyesung.

As he had said in his note, he was sincerely glad that Hyesung had come to find him. It made all his confusions in the past few days clear like crystal and he finally made a decision on the relationship of Hyesung and him.

Hyesung needed to be protected and taken care – by him.

If he was worried about Hyesung’s trauma and let him alone without doing anything, the said one could never live his life fully, always being buried in his past. He needed to pull Hyesung out from his dark world even if it might be uncomfortable for the other at first. He could not expect Hyesung to accept him at once, of course. But he had to be persistent, like a parent teaching his kid how to ride a bike. Hyesung might fall in the process but he had to be there to pick him up and make him try again until he succeeded.

That was why he had written in his note – “I’m going to take care of you from now on … even if you don’t like … just bear with me … <3”

“I’ve been so deep into you Hyesung-ah …” He mumbled to himself, with a faint smile.

 


 

He punched in the numbers and opened his apartment door. The dark inside welcomed him and he already knew there would be no Hyesung anymore since it was way past 9 at night.

Dragging his feet towards the fridge, he randomly pulled out a water bottle to gulp nearly the whole bottle down, trying to wash down all the tiredness of a long office day. Working at office was seriously not his style and he was being thankful that starting from tomorrow, he could go back to his working –at-home lifestyle since all idea discussions and office works had already come to an end.

Then, his eyes caught a yellow note on the dining table and at first, he thought it was the note he had written to Hyesung. But he noticed different handwriting on the paper, realizing that Hyesung had used the back side of his note to write something back to him.

With his heart beating a little bit faster than before, he picked up the paper and read the short note in a quite untidy handwriting.

 

To Eric,

                Thanks for all of your help and …. Even if you say I don’t need to be sorry … I’m really sorry for last night … Thanks again for everything …

                                                                                                                                                Hyesung

P.S: I had hangover drink and sandwich well … Thanks again for them … and … Thanks for taking care of me …

 

A smile automatically crept onto his face while he kept rereading the note again and again.

Then, he glanced at the living room and there was no lump of his pillow and blanket on the couch that he had left this morning.

Walking towards his bedroom and opening the door slowly, the sight of his pillow and blanket in their original place made him smile for the second time in the last few minutes.

Finally, he could made a step into Hyesung’s closed heart ….