Youngmin oppa....WAE?

Nothing Can Change Fate...(Three-Shot)

few years later...

Your POV~

Every time our school had a formal, Youngmin would pick me as his partner.  And each formal, Youngmin dressed me up like I was his doll.  Highschool life went by swiftly and we would be graduating next year.  On the last week of school, everyone was signing yearbooks and trying to save the memories.

"Oppa." I said. "Are you going to graduate with me?"
"Of course I am, yeobo." Youngmin laughed. "Don't tell me you're not coming back next year."
"Ani. I'm coming back." I smiled. "Do you know what day today is?"
"What day is it today?" oppa asked.
"Nothing..." I mumbled and I started walking.

How could oppa forget it was our 3rd anniversary?! Youngmin grabbed my hand as he caught up with me and he walked me home.  It wasn't an unusual thing for me to bring Youngmin over afterschool.  Sometimes he even stayed for dinner.

"Jihyun-ah!~" Hyesun called. "Let's hang out-- oh. I see you've got company."
I turned to Youngmin. "Can I ditch you for one day?"
"What?! You're ditching me for your friend?!" Youngmin said.
"Gwenchana. I wouldn't wanna be stuck in the middle of you two." Hyesun shrugged.
"Oppa.....please?" I whined.

Two other people walked to us and then I realized it was Minwoo and Kwangmin.  They both wore huge smiles on their face and waved to us.

"Hey hyung!" Minwoo called out. "We need to have our practice."
"Mianhae, Jihyun." Kwangmin said. "We're going to steal Youngmin for a bit."
"Oh...." was the only thing I could say.
"Mianhae Jihyun." Youngmin apologized. "I'll come back real soon!"
"Promise?" I held out a pinky.
"Promise. I'll pick you up at your house at 6:45, arrasso? And dress prettily." 

Oppa gave me one last hug before they left.  Boyfriend was getting more and more popular.  Being the girlfriend of Jo Youngmin wasn't an easy task.  Youngmin would suddenly have to leave our date for a schedule or fans would come asking him for signatures.  

"Jihyun? Jihyun?" Hyesun waved her hand over my face.
"N-neh?" I blinked a couple of times.
"Good. I thought your heart was with Youngmin." she teased. "Anyways, we can hang out together!"
"Neh." I smiled, but I wasn't happy.

Jo Youngmin, neo jeongmal.... how could you forget our anniversary?? :'( I dragged my feet as Hyesun brought me to her house.  We went into the back garden and ate our snack.  Hyesun was endlessly talking random stuff but I didn't have the heart to listen.

"And then-- Jihyun?" Hyesun said in a worried tone. "Gwenchana?"
"I can't believe Youngmin actually...." I buried my face in my hands.
"What happened?" she asked. "I'll teach him a lesson for hurting my bestie."
"I can't believe he forgot about our 3rd anniversary." 
"That freak, how can he forget such an important date?!" Hyesun tried comforting me.
"Hyesun-ah, gwenchana." I told her. "I'll prepare a gift for him anyways."
"Jihyun, how can you give him something when he's so reckless?" Hyesun shook her head.

Youngmin's POV~

"So hyung, can we go now??" Kwangmin whined. 
"Yeah. Our job's over." Minwoo added.
"Okay, fine. You guys can go." I shooed them away.

Today was our 3rd anniversary!! ^-^ Jihyun-ah, mianhae. I was going to prepare something special for her, but I didn't want to spoil it.  I called out to a taxi and dropped by the flower shop.  The ajumma welcomed me and I asked her for the 12 roses.

She wrapped it neatly into a bouquet and I paid for the flowers.  Then, I went to the the beach and told the supervisor I reserved the place at 7 tonight.  It was 4:20pm right now and there were still a lot of people hanging by the sea.

*beep*

to you:

oppaaa~ i'm bored. can you come out
and eat dinner with me??
~soojin

That girl... I already told her I couldn't stay with her tonight.  Does she treat my words as trash? = = I replied to her message and quickly resumed to my surprise.

to soojin:

yah, i already told you i can't come tonight.
did you forget that quickly? and don't call
me. i'm busy.
~youngmin

I turned off my phone, just in case anyone tried bothering me.  After settling down the things with the beach supervisor, I headed for home and took a shower.  When I came out, it was 6pm and I hurriedly changed into a neat formal wear.

A taxi came by and I went to Jihyun's house.  Why didn't she call me yet? 

Your POV~

I went home after spending a while at Hyesun's house.  Umma was watching TV and I walked upstairs to my room.  Youngmin didn't text or call me.  He said that he'll pick me up at 6:45 and told me to dress prettily.  I took a shower and chose a blue dress.

My phone didn't ring during this whole time.  What is Youngmin oppa doing? Why isn't he calling me, it's like 6:30 already?! I tried calling him but the automatic message recorder was on.  So....he turned off his phone? -__- 

The door rang and I ran downstairs to answer it.  Youngmin oppa was standing by the door and had a huge smile on his face.

"Yeobo!" Youngmin pulled me into a hug.  "Did you miss me?"
"What do you think?" I poked him.
"Mianhae." he patted my head. "I was busy..."
"Gwenchana." I said. "Where are we going?"
"You'll see." he took my arm and put me in the taxi.

I laid my head on oppa's shoulders as we were on the car ride.  Our hands were interlocked and Youngmin would play with my hair.

"Oppa." I said. "Why didn't you call me?"
"I was waiting for your call." he told me. "But the phone didn't ring."
"I called you." I pointed to my phone. "And the message recorder was on."
Youngmin took out his phone. "Oops. I forgot I turned it off."

The taxi arrived at the beach, but no one was there.  Youngmin got off the car first and then helped me out.  A table was in the middle of the sand and Youngmin grabbed my hand.  We walked to the table and he pulled out a chair for me to sit.

"Youngmin, what's all this?" I asked.
"Wait." he left me and went into the beach cabin.

Youngmin came out with something behind his back.  He tried to hold a straight face but I could see a smile trying to escape his hold.

"Jihyun-ah." Youngmin stopped in front of me. "Saranghae!"

He handed me a bouquet of roses.  It was a light shade of pink and I hugged Youngmin.  I sniffed the flowers and I was going to compliment them but....... *sneezes* My face turned red and Youngmin laughed at my mistake.

"Mianhae, oppa." I sniffed. "I really like the flowers.  They're pretty."
"I'm glad you like them." he gave me a peck on the cheek. "Happy 3rd anniversary!"
"Oppa, you remembered!!" I hugged him really tightly and kissed his cheek too.

Then, two people dressed in a waiter's outfit came with two plates.  The other waiter held candles and a lighter in his hand.  He set down the candles on the candle holders and lighted them.  The food was placed on the table and the soft glow of the candles made everything seem pretty.

Evening came already and it was sort of dark, but the surprise Youngmin prepared warmed my heart so everything seemed bright.  We had apple cider in our glass cups and did a toast before we ate.  (We're only 19 and we don't drink alchohol.) 

"Jalmeogeseumnida!" I said brightly, forgetting what happened earlier today.
"Jagiya, are you happy today?" Youngmin asked me.
"Neh! Haengbokhae." I smiled. "Oppa, I have something for you."

I reached for my bag and produce a small box, wrapped personally by me.  Youngmin took my gift and opened it.  In the box was a glass bear with our names inscripted "Youngmin and Jihyun".  

"Jihyun-ah, it's pretty." Youngmin touched its delicate features. "I have something for you too."

Youngmin handed me a box and told me to open it.  Oppa had given me a glass angel with "Youngmin and Jihyun" inscpripted on it.  

"Oppa, we both got each other the same thing!" I squealed with happiness. "Komawo!"
"Neh! Komawo for the gift." Youngmin said.

We were feeding each other and dinner was finally finished.  I pulled Youngmin to the seaside and started kicking the water at him.  He took his revenge by carrying me and pretending to throw me in the water.  Our clothes were splattered with water and we sat on a rock.

I sat on Youngmin's lap as we gazed at the night sky full of stars.  Youngmin put his head on my shoulder and he whispered "saranghae" in my ear.  I kissed his cheek as my answer and also whispered "saranghae" in his ear. It was nighttime and Youngmin oppa sent me home.  On the way, I fell asleep.

Youngmin's POV~

Jihyun fell asleep and I gently her head.  She looked so pretty even when she was sleeping. ^-^ Today must be a tiring day for her.... I hope she had a good time with me.

When we arrived at Jihyun's house, I carried her upstairs and put her in bed.  I kissed her forehead before I left and  then I left a note.

Jihyun,

I hope you had a good day today with me. ^-^ Sleep well and 
I'll see you tomorrow morning! Happy 3rd anniversary!! 
Saranghae! ♥

~Youngmin oppa

I arrived at home extremely tired and I plopped on my bed  It was worth preparing that dinner for Jihyun.  As long as she was happy, I was happy.  My phone rung and I received another text message.

to you:

oppa! >:( why didn't you call me or text
me this whole evening? i don't care, 
you better go shopping with me tomorrow
as a make-up.
~soojin

Aish, I was planning to go on another date with Jihyun.  Oh well, I'll go shopping with Soojin to keep her from sending hundreds of messages each day. I replied to the text.

to soojin:

arrasso, arrasso. i'll go shopping with
you tomorrow, but don't go carried off
with it. see you tomorrow.
~youngmin

I changed into my pajamas and washed up for the night.  Kwangmin was waiting at the door when I came out of the bathroom and started bombarding me with questions.  He was curious about the anniversary dinner at the beach and didn't let me sleep.

"Hyung, hyung, hyung!" Kwangmin sat on my bed. "How was it with Jihyun?"
"Go away." I grumbled. "I'll tell you tomorrow morning. Let me sleep."
"Andui." my dongsaeng pulled my covers away. "Tell me now."
"Yah, Kwangmin." I rolled my eyes. "I'm seriously tired, just let me sleep, arrasso?!"
"Not until you tell me about it." 

So I spent the next hour telling Kwangmin about our date but he kept interrupting me here and there.  I didn't get to sleep until 12:00am. @___@ Thanks a lot, Kwangmin.  I'll have baggy eyes tomorrow.

few days later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOSi0I_3EAc (please listen while reading! ^^)

Your POV~

I came home one day and found umma on the floor, crying.  She was holding a piece of paper and I ran over to her.  Umma continued crying as I tried to comfort her.

"Umma, waegeurae?" I asked. "Uljima..."
"Jihyun-ah...." umma sobbed. 
"Umma, I'm always here." I comforted her. "What does the paper say?"

Umma handed me the paper and my eyes widened with shock.  I was stunned and I held closer to umma.  What just happened??

To Heajung,

Jagiya, mianhae.  I don't have the courage to face you anymore... Please
forgive me, but I am already far away from you guys-- far away from Korea. 
I left an amount of money for you guys, and please take good caer of 
Jihyun for me.  

You don't need to worry about me.  I have found a place to stay and don't
try looking for me.  I'll only go farther and farther away.  

Why don't I have the courage to face you? I..I....I was actually the one who
caused you to lose your job.  I was the one who accidentally cause the
accident.  Jinjja mianhae....

But in my heart, I will always remember you two. 
Love, Taehyun.

Appa....appa.....wae? Why did you leave us? Can't you just sit at a table and talk over this matter? What do you mean by leaving us??

"Umma....umma...." my tears began to fall down uncontrollably. "Did appa just leave us?"
"Jihyun-ah...." umma hugged me even tighter.  "It's only the two of us left..."

I sat on my bed that whole night.  No drinking, no eating, no moving.  Life seemed as if it was breaking down.  There was a knock on my door and Hyesun came in.  I looked at her with teary eyes and my tears unconsiously came down again.

Hyesun sat down next to me and hugged me.  I continued to cry and she tried comforting me.  Appa was one of the most important person in my whole life.  He taught me how to walk, bike, play basketball, and so many other things.  With one note, appa just left.  

Unknowningly, I fell asleep and when I woke up, Hyesun was sleeping in my chair.  I got off the bed and washed my face.  Umma was sleeping on the couch, but there were obvious tear streaks down her face.  I got a warm towel and wiped her face.  

Without my umma reminding me, I grabbed my jacket and took a walk around the neighboorhood.  The breezy, chilly night air reminded me of the coldness in the house.  Our house was quiet without the jokes and laughter appa did when he was here. T^T 

Appa....eodiya? Pogoshipeo.... when are you coming back?? Please come back for umma and me...

I passed a couple of houses and there was a dark alley.  Under the streetlight, I saw two figures in the alley.  One of them had blonde hair and looked familiar.  I cautiously walked closer and saw something I wasn't supposed to see.

Youngmin.............Youngmin...........he.........he..........he was kissing with another girl.  I wanted to scream or shout really loud, but instead I put my hand over my mouth and turned around.  

"Oppa." the girl whined in her sickly voice. 
"What, Soojin?" Youngmin asked.
"Nothing..." she said. "When are we going to go out together??"
"Later...." he mumbled.

My heart felt as if it shattered into a million pieces-- so man pieces you couldn't fix it back together.  Jo Youngmin, what were you doing behind my back all these years?! Were you going out with another girl while wasting time with me?! WAE?! WAE?! 

WAE?! Why did the the two people I loved turned their back on me on the same day?! WAE?! What did I do wrong to get such a punishment?! >:'(

Tears rolled down my cheeks again and I couldn't bear it.  I ran across the street and I felt my body being taken over by a huge mass.

*BAM*

Half of my body felt painful and numb.  I heard footsteps coming closer and closer.  The first person who came to my side was Youngmin.  That traitor....stop acting like you care for me.

"JIHYUN-AH!" Youngmin grabbed my hand. "JIHYUN-AH! WAKE UP! DON'T SLEEP!"
"G-get..........a-a-away........f-f-from............m-m-me." I said with all my breath.

I tried to pull my hand away from Youngmin but he grabbed it again.  With my nails, I tried to scratch him so I could be released, but I was too weak to.  

Youngmin oppa.....wae? If you don't love me anymore, just say so..... I couldn't bear the pain anymore.  Appa and Youngmin wanted to leave me alone.  I had no reason to live anymore, and I let my body take over me.  The lights in front of me slowly disappeard and the voices around me were ceasing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hi guys. um....this might be a failed chapter....... it's hard to write super dramatic chapters...><
and a note, the next chapter (which will also be the last) might be short.... 

PLEASE comment!!! 

puffleppyong~