I'm Sorry...

Nothing Can Change Fate...(Three-Shot)

Your POV~

I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating or not, but I heard Youngmin's voice saying "Jihyun! Stay strong!" or "Don't sleep, Jihyun!" or "Hang in there! You can do it!". That freak.... I don't want to live anymore. 

I FEEL LIKE DYING.

Stop encouraging me.  All I hear from you, Youngmin, is encouragment for me to die.  Don't worry, oppa, or should I say, Youngmin-sshi, I will die right in front of your eyes.

When I woke up, I found myself under a sheet and three people were around me wearing masks, gowns, caps, whatnot.  They were trying to clean my blood and I heard something saying that I needed surgery.  What for? In fact, I want to thank that driver for running over me.

If I continue living on this nasty earth for even one more day, I will go crazy.  Not to mention, suiciding is at the top of the list of what I would do.  Life is just unbearable.

A figure came by my side and I felt a needle being injected in my arm.  My vision started to blur, I soon fell asleep again.  Ugh. I DO NOT want to undergo surgery to save my life.  

*few hours later*

I slightly opened my eyes, half expecting myself to be in the place I was supposed to go after I died.  Guess what? A nurse was pushing me on the wheelbed and Youngmin was walking along too.  WHY DO I HAVE TO SEE HIM AGAIN?!!

We arrived in a hospital room and I was set on the bed.  I didn't want to give away that I was awake so I kept my eyes as closed as possible.  Youngmin was talking with the nurse and asking about my condition.  You heartless jerk, stop acting like you care so much about me when you've been flirting with other girls!! >:(

"Nurse, is my girlfriend alright?" Youngmin asked. 

*Yeah right, who says I'm still your girlfriend?*

"Oh, Seo Jihyun? I'm sorry to say, but she will be paralyzed for the rest of her life." the nurse said.

"BWO?!" Youngmin's eyes widened.

*Tch. You're just worried how embarrassing it would be for you to have a paralyzed girlfriend.*

"The bottom half of her body won't be able to move and she'll be needing a wheelchair."

*WHAT THE HECK?! WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST LET ME DIE?!*

"W-w-wheelchair?" Youngmin stammered, tears starting to form.

*Oh wow, look at those fake tears. Like someone would believe you....*

"I'm sorry, but we did our best to save Jihyun." and the nurse left.

Youngmin walked to the side of my bed and sat down on the chair.  Tears fell from his cheeks and landed on the sheets of the bed.  I rolled my eyes and turned to the other side.  I didn't care if Youngmin saw that I was awake.  He doesn't need me in his life-- Soojin is there fufill his wishes.

"Yeobo!" Youngmin gasped. "You're awake?"
"You want me to sleep for the rest of my life so you could be with Soojin?!" I coldly snapped at him.
"No, I didn't mean that... Wait, did you just say 'Soojin'?" he said.
"Oh, I see now. Soojin is important enough so that you only hear her name." I rolled my eyes.
"Did you...?" Youngmin paused.

Then, he held my hand but I hated his aweful touch and pulled it away from him hard.  What girl would want her boyfriend to hold her hand when he cheated on her?! I sat up and glared at him.  He was not the innocent guy I met in highschool

I couldn't hold my anger in any longer and I slapped Youngmin right across the face with all my strength.

Me: YES I DID. I SAW YOU FLIRTING WITH THAT FREAKING GIRL AND YOU GUYS ARE UP TO THE POINT OF KISSING! THE NEXT STEP MISSING IS BRINGING HER HOME AND TELLING ME THAT YOU'RE GOING TO BREAK UP WITH ME.
WELL, LET ME TELL YOU. IT'S ME WHO'S GOING TO DUMP YOU, NOT YOU GOING TO DUMP ME.  GO FLIRT WITH THAT UGLY GIRL OF YOURS AND           GET OUT OF MY LIFE!!!!

Youngmin: Yeobo, I'm sorr--

Me: DON'T YOU "YEOBO" ME. I AM NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND ANYMORE AND GET YOUR OUT OF THIS ROOM BEFORE I KILL YOU.

Youngmin: Jihyun--

Me: SHUT UP THAT NASTY MOUTH OF YOURS.  HOW MANY GIRLS DID YOU GET OUT THERE BEHIND MY BACK, EH? 

Youngmin: Please, listen--

Me: LISTEN TO YOU?! PFFT, I'M NOT A 3-YEAR-OLD KID. I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR LIES.

Youngmin: LISTEN TO ME! 

*silence*

Youngmin: Jihyun, I'm sorry for what I've done. Please forgive me. Give me another chance.  I'll promise you, I won't ever meet Soojin again.  And I will not look at any other girls besides you.

Me: Are you dong talking? If you are, it's my turn.  I am not going to forgive you or give you another chance.  It's over for us. 

I quivered saying the words "It's over for us" and I tried to keep my expression.  Tears were beginning to form in my eyes and threatened to fall.  Youngmin was crying. 

"Ka." I said. "I don't want to see you ever again." 

I pulled the covers over my head and peeked out from the little gap.  Youngmin sat there for a while before he left.  He wiped his tears and then left me.  My heart was hurting so much.  It felt as if the sky was crushing down in my world.

Little does he know, I still love Youngmin.  But what he had done was just unacceptable.  I cried my heart out: for Youngmin. And appa.

The two people I love decided to leave me at the same time.  Umma, I'm sorry.  I can't live on this earth for another day.  Please forgive me and let me die.

few days later...

These few days at the hospital were deathly.  I couldn't do anything and I was basically chained to my hospital bed or wheelchair.  A personal nurse was always by my side, which wasn't neccessary for a person who plans to die soon.  = =

I didn't eat for three days and my face became pale.  Sometimes, I felt nauseous and thought I would puke any time.  

While I was at the hospital, Youngmin visited me everyday.  Each time he came, I requested the nurse to make him leave but she would always let Youngmin stay.  I screamed at him, hit him, and tried to ruin his pride but he still wouldn't leave.

One day, the doctor approached me and had a talk with me. 

"Jihyun-sshi." the doctor said. "I have something to tell you."
"Just say it...." I grumbled, not even bothering to look at him.
"I'm sorry about this but we found out that you have brain cancer." he said.
"Sure."
"The cancer cannot be treated and it's at the last stage.  You only have three weeks left."
"Would you mind telling the cancer to get worse quickly and take my life sooner?" I snapped.
"Jihyun-sshi, why would you want that??" he asked, puzzled.
"I want to die." I said under my breath.

The doctor was taken aback and he blinked a couple of times.  As I had expected, he bombarded me with questions asking why I wanted to die.  For goodness sakes, I do not need to tell you, doctor.  You are not my guardian and I have a right to not tell you.

I heard a noise by the doorway and caught a glimpse of blonde hair.  That dirty, blonde jerk... Youngmin knocked on the door and walked in. WITHOUT PERMISSION. What the heck was that?!

As if they had planned this out, the doctor stopped asking questions and walked out with the nurse.  Youngmin sat on my bed and held my hand.  This time, I didn't pull back my hand and I stared at him.  Once again, tears were in Youngmin's eyes and fell down slowly.

"What do you want." I said.
"Is..is it true?" he asked me. "Y-you have c-cancer?"
"Yeah." I rolled my eyes. "You'd better be thankful that once I die, you can go on with that Soojin."
"I don't want to go out with her. I want you." Youngmin said.
"Does it look like I would want you?" 
"I'm sorry....." he looked down.
"Look, I don't know what to do with you." I admitted. "I love and hate you at the same time."

My heart ached so much but now that I've told Youngmin my feelings, it felt a little bit better.  Hearing the word "love", Youngmin jumped up and pulled me into a hug.  I couldn't help but cry and my tears fell on his shoulder.  I missed him but I was being tortured.

I slowly started to open my heart again, but each time Youngmin's phone rang, I was hurt.  Everytime he visited me, Soojin called him and Youngmin would go out to answer the call.  Just as expected, it happened today but he never came back.

During the evening, I felt so sick: headache, dizzy, nauseous, weak, tired.  I was on my bed and looked through the photo album Youngmin brought me.  In it were pictures of us-- memories.  My eyes teared up as I flipped each page.  Wae? How did this happen to us??

Suddenly, I heard the clicks of highheels and looked up to see a girl.  She looked at me with hateful eyes and gave me a face of annoyance.  She......she looked familiar.

"So, Jihyun-sshi." she smirked. "I see you've got no time left."
"Who are you?" I questioned her.
"PWAHAHAHAAHAHA." she sarcastically laughed. "Who am I doesn't matter to you. Youngmin's heart had always belonged to me."
"Sure, Soojin-sshi." I rolled my eyes. "I've always wanted to put you guys together."
"Bwo?!" Soojin's expression changed. "Look at you, no guy would wanna go near you."
"Same with you, @#$%." I snapped.
"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!" she shouted at me.

As Soojin started to shout at me, I pressed the "emergency" button on the bed.  She didn't seem to notice and I kept a calm expression.  The next thing, she slapped me and the doctor just came in time.  

"Who are you and what are you doing?!" the doctor roared.
"Why, hello there, doctor." Soojin gave a fake, seductive smile. "I was just visiting my friend."
"Chingu?" I smirked. "An ajumma who seduced my boyfriend is my friend?" I said under my breath.
"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!" Soojin glared.
"Yah! Please be quiet, there are other patients." the nurse warned.

Soojin gave the nurse a dirty look and flipped her hair.  

Me: Doctor-nim, I was looking through my photo album and this woman right here came and slapped me.
*points to reddened cheek*

Doctor: Let me take a look... Excuse me, miss, but visiting hours are over and you slapped a patient?

Soojin: *rolls eyes* How the heck does this hospital even work? Visiting hours...WHO CARES?!

Nurse: Miss, please stop shouting.  If you shout one more time, we'll call the guards and take you away.

Soojin: Shut up you. You have no right to speak here. And as to you, doctor, how can you assume I'm the bad guy here when you haven't heard my explanation?

Doctor: I am not the police and I don't need an explanation.  Please leave now before we call the guards.

Soojin: Oh, so it's game, eh? Fine, I'll leave. *glares at me* And you, Seo Jihyun, I'll come back. Don't worry.

After she left, I looked at the doctor and nurse with weary, frightened eyes.  I felt myself give away and I fainted on my bed.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw5kThny7vk (please listen while reading)

My three weeks time was over.  I had decided to let go of Youngmin and forget about Soojin.  These were no use after I died. Youngmin visited me but I was too weak to move.  Each breath was painful and my head felt as if it would explode any minute.

"It's time." the doctor told Youngmin.  "She might not survive tonight."
"Oh..." Youngmin trembled and held my hand to his face.

"Jihyun-ah..." Youngmin said. "Don't leave me...we still need to get married and have our own family."
"Y-Y-Young-gmin. I-I-I've a-al-ways w-w-wan-ted t-to d-di-e." I tried saying.
"Ani, Jihyun, ANI!" Youngmin cried. "You're gonna make it... you're not going to die. I won't let you."
"Y-Young-min, m-m-move o-on. F-forg-et ab-out m-me." I teared up.
"ANDUI! You're going to stay by my side the whole time." Youngmin buried his face in my hands.
"I...I....I s-see a w-white l-light." I sighed. "S-some-thing's w-w-wait-ing f-for m-me."
"Jihyun, don't go!" Youngmin shouted.
"M-mian-hae, Y-Young-min." I took a deep breath. "S-s-sarang-hae." I whispered.

I closed my eyes and found myself in a tunnel, a bright light at the end.  I walked, walked, walked, and brightness consumed me.  I knew I had just left the world.  Left umma....and......and....Youngmin. 

Mianhae....

Youngmin's POV~

Jihyun closed her eyes and the monitor went dead.  I opened my eyes in horror and almos couldn't breath.  Tears fell down uncontrollably and the whole world just fell down. :'(

"YEOBO!! JIHYUN-AH!!!" I shouted, vigorously shaking her lifeless body. "WAKE UP!!! WAKE UP!!"
"Youngmin-sshi, please calm down." the doctor held my shoulders.
"JIHYUN-AH!! JIHYUN-AHH!!" I shouted and cried really hard. "JIHYUN-AHH!!"

I buried my face into the blankets.  Jihyun's just sleeping, she's just sleeping. She'll wake up later...she's just sleeping...

The doctor tried to get me to get up but I hugged Jihyun's body as tightly as I could.  I cried and cried and cried.  Jihyun just left me.  SHE JUST LEFT ME ALL ALONE ON THIS EARTH!!!

I don't know what happened but I collasped and out.  When I woke up, I found myself in my room and a figure of a girl next to me.

"JIHYUN!!" I shouted, grabbing the girl's arm.
She turned around. "Youngmin, you're awake? It's Soojin, not her."
"Jihyun-ah...." I moaned. 
"Yah," Soojin said softly. "She's already dead.  She doesn't want you anymore."
"Jihyun-ah....Jihyun-ah..." I continued sobbing.
"She doesn't want you anymore! You have me now!!" Soojin angrily said.

I covered my face with the blankets and closed my eyes.  When I closed my eyes, I saw Jihyun's angelic face smiling.  I missed her so much.... I can't believe what I was doing: going out with Soojin and getting Jihyun mad.  

"Yah, Jo Youngmin." Soojin pulled the covers. "Get up from that bed now!"
"Go away." I cried. "GO AWAY!!"

Soojin tugged the covers really hard and it flew off the bed.  She made me turn over and sit up.  Suddenly, Soojin pulled me into a hug and kissed me.  I was shocked and pushed her off me. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I shouted at her.
"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?" she shouted back. "GET BACK TO YOUR SENSES. JIHYUN'S GONE AND I'M HERE."
"I only love Jihyun..." I muttered.

*slap*

I looked up and saw her teared face. Soojin was crying and then I felt somewhat guilty.  I held her close and her head.  She fell asleep and I put her on the bed while I left the room.  

In the kitchen, I saw photo frames with picture of me and Jihyun.   We were so happy back then, and now, she wasn't there to make more memories with me.  :'( My tears began falling again and I fell on the floor.  I was like this for a long time until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Youngmin-ah, I'll be leaving." Soojin said. "Take care."

The front door closed and the house was empty again.  It used to be Jihyun and I, now it's just me.  I'm all by myself now...

*ding dong*

I expected to see Soojin but I saw my members.  Donghyun, Hyunseong, Jeongmin, Kwangmin, and Minwoo were standing there. They looked at me with sad eyes and I left the door.  I walked to the couch and slumped on the soft cushioning.  

"Youngmin..." Donghyun said softly. "Don't be like this. Jihyun wouldn't want to see you like this."
"Yeah, hyung." Kwangmin patted my back.  "Stay strong! All of us are here to help you."

I slightly nodded.

"Let's go eat out." Hyunseong suggested. "You need to eat, Youngmin."
"Yah, stop thinking about eating all the time." Jeongmin hit the back of Hyunseong's head.
"Hyung, gwenchana?" Minwoo asked. "If you need someone to talk to, I'm here."
"Komawo, Minwoo." I said.
"Me too!" Jeongmin piped up and put a mirror in front of me. "Look at you, clean yourself up first."

Reluctantly, I dragged my feet on the floor and went into the bathroom.  I splashed water onto my face and looked at the mirror.  Usually, Jihyun would put her hands over my eyes and surprise me.  Her warm hugs were missing from my life.

A tear escaped from my eye and I wiped it.  I splashed my face with more water and then dried my face.  Two faces were looking at me when I came out of the bathroom.  Donghyun and Jeongmin pulled me to the couch and made me sit down again.

For the rest of the day, we didn't talk and I fell asleep.  I woke up and found a note stuck to the table:

Good morning, Youngmin.
Don't think too much and take care of your
health. The boys and I are at our dorms,
so if you need us, just call.  Oh, and your
breakfast is in the fridge.  Take care!
~Hyunseong

A faint smile appeared on my face and I was glad the members cared for me.  I went to brush my teeth and took out the breakfast Hyunseong left for me. 

few weeks later...

I stayed at home most of the time and I decided to take a walk one night.  Coincidentially, Soojin was on her way to visit me and we met on the sidewalk.  We walked for a while and then I stopped.  She was surprised at my sudden stop and tugged on my hand.

"Soojin, I have something to tell you." I brought up the courage to talk.
"Neh?" she said.
"Let's breakup." I muttered.
"Bwo? What did you say?" Soojin had a shocked expression.
"Let's break up." I repeated.
"Youngmin..." Soojin almost whispered.
"Mianhae, but I really can't continue this with you." I said.

She pulled me into a hug and then I felt something pierce my stomach.  I felt something wet and realized it was my blood. BLOOD. I fell down in shock.  Soojin pulled the knife out and glared at me.

"You actually thought I liked you?" she asked sarcastically.
"Soojin..." I groaned in pain. 
"Shut up." Soojin snapped. "Since you miss your Jihyun so much, I'll grant you your wish." 

Soojin took out a cloth and wiped the handle, then put the knife in my hand.  My stomach hurt so much I couldn't get up.

"Wae...Soojin....wae?" I asked.
"I told you, I don't like you and I never did." Soojin kicked me. "You'll reunite with Jihyun soon."

And she stormed off, leaving me on the floor.  

A puddle of blood was forming and I began to grow dizzy.  I knew I was dying... and I hated myself.  I can't believe I fell for Soojin. I shouldn't have laid my eyes on her....I should've just stayed by Jihyun's side the whole time...

"Jihyun-ah..." I whispered. "I'm sorry... But I'll see you...soon..."

I closed my eyes and let myself go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the three-shot is finally complete!! ^-^  i hope it's okay.... (as you know, i fail at writing dramatic chapters/fanfics/stories).

(is this fanfic considered as rated?? >< i hope not... just a teeny bit of violence wont hurt, right??)

comments are neccessary! and thanks for reading!!

puffleppyong~