Living Together

The Crown Prince

CHAPTER 3

Both their mouths fell open upon hearing the news.

“Excuse me?” Saeyi swallowed.

“Yes, could you repeat that?” Daehyun seconded.

“You wouldn’t get married right away, we’ll wait until after you finish high school. However, we found that it would be fitting to have you two live under the same roof.” His father replied, looking displeased when Daehyun put his cup down a bit rashly.

“It would do you good too, Saeyi, as you will be transferring schools.” Saeyi’s mother added. “It’s near Daehyun’s school.”

“What?” Daehyun’s eyes widened.

“Relax, Daehyun-ssi, I didn’t know about this too.” She glared at him. ‘You don’t have the right to look like a victim here!’ She wanted to say.

“Well then, we’ll arrange for your transfer next week?”

“We trust that you two will behave accordingly.” Mr. Jung commented and the two sighed before nodding. Their parents looked pleased. “Good, then let’s have dinner, shall we?”

--

A week had passed since the dinner at the Jung’s and tomorrow was the day she was going to move in with Daehyun. Saeyi mostly sulked around, not feeling up to transferring houses and schools.

She lay sprawled on her bed when she heard a knock. She sat up and lazily allowed the person to come in.

“Saeyi~” Her father began. She raised her brow.

“What is it appa?”

“Tomorrow’s the day.” He said sadly as he sat down on the couch of her room.

“Yes, I know.”

There was a long silence before he continued. “…Are you nervous about it?”

“No, not really… Wae?”

“I think Daehyun is a good boy, I’ve known him since he was young but…” He heaved a big sigh before grabbing her shoulders. “Listen to appa, Saeyi-ah!” He looked determined and silly at the same time. “Don’t give in!!! Not until you get married, arasseo?! PROTECT YOURSELF!!!” He said with so much conviction, it made her want to laugh, but it didn’t.

She teared up and chuckled while wiping her tears away, “Don’t worry appa, I know better!” She said with a smile.

“Good! Just call appa if you need any help, okay?” He patted her head and she nodded. He stood up and went to the door. “And Saeyi?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m sorry.” He said, giving her a sad smile before leaving. She sighed and looked at her bags and luggage.

--

“We’re here, Miss.” The driver announced as he looked at the sullen girl at the back of the limousine.

Saeyi looked at the house pensively. “So wasteful.” She murmured and shook her head in distaste.

The driver got down the car and opened her door for her. She stepped out of the car and headed for the door. She took out the house card that her mom gave her and inserted it in the little rectangular hole by the door.

“Would you mind if you bring my bags inside?” She asked the driver.

He shook his head. “Not at all, Miss!” He replied and immediately dragged her bags in.

“Oh, Miss Saeyi!” An old woman hurriedly came to meet her by the door. “I didn’t hear the gates open! Or the bell ringing. I’m so sorry! Let me help you with your bags!”

 “Ahjumma, it’s okay. I wanted to get in myself.” She smiled.

The old lady smiled and nodded as she grabbed two of the luggages and Saeyi grabbed another. “I’ll lead you to your room.”

Saeyi nodded, “Kaja.”

--

 

“Here we are!”

Saeyi nodded appreciatively at the simplicity of the room—well, it was still pretty extravagant for her taste, but it’ll do.

“Shall I start unpacking your things for you, Miss?” The old woman asked and she shook her head.

“I’ll unpack them myself.” She said as she looked over the room. “Thank you, though.”

The old woman seemed hesitant to leave her alone. “But Master Daehyu—“

“It’s alright.” She turned to her. “Ah! Ahjumma, what’s your name?”

“Oh! You can just call me ahjumma or nanny.” The old lady smiled.

She shook her head. “Ani, I don’t want to call you that.”

“Ahh, then my name is Hwang Solbi. I am in charge of your household needs.”

“Then, Aunt Solbi? Or Auntie?” The old woman flushed and motioned to reject the nickname but Saeyi beat her to it. “Auntie it is! You have to agree to my request this time, auntie.”

She sighed and smiled. “Alright, Miss.”

--

DAEHYUN’S POV

I caught Solbi ahjumma going out of that girl’s room. I creeped behind her. “Is she inside, Ahjumma?” I said.

She jolted and turned around with her hand clutching her chest. She motioned to hit me but I held my hands up in defense. “Daehyun-ah! You scared me!!!”

I laughed. “Mian.” I never get tired of teasing this old woman. She’s been like a mother to me ever since I was small.

She nodded. “She’s there.”

“Okay, thanks.” I said and moved to open the door.

“Daehyun-ah,” She called and then whispered, “Your fiancé is really pretty, huh?” She wiggled her brows. I felt myself blushing. I shook my head.

“Auntie, if that’s what you call pretty, then everybody in Korea is pretty!” I scolded.

“Eyy,” She chided and I rolled my eyes, “She seems sweet. Be nice to her, arasseo?”

I waved my hand at her dismissively. “Aish, go away, go away.”

She chuckled. “I didn’t know she would turn out to be so pretty.” She mumbled.

“What?” I asked, not sure if she said something. She turned to me.

“Aniyo, go ahead and greet her. Don’t do anything bad~” She said before happily going away.

That weird ahjumma! Just thinking about doing anything to that girl gives me goose bumps.

--

I opened the door and couldn’t find her anywhere. I went further inside the room and found her unpacking her things. She had her back turned to me so I had the chance to observe her for a bit. She had her hair tied up in a high ponytail and she was wearing casual clothing—a plain white shirt, denim shorts and rubber shoes. Didn’t she feel the need to look pretty for me? I cleared my throat and she sighed.

“What do you want?” She started without looking at me.

 

-- END OF POV --

Daehyun looked over at her smugly and turned to her with his arms crossed. He nodded appreciatively. “You’re not so bad.”

She raised her brow at him and shook her head in disgust as she went to the cabinet and started hanging her clothes. “You didn’t knock.”

“Didn’t feel the need to.” Saeyi rolled her eyes at him.

He strode towards her and held her by the shoulders so she could face him. “Oww!”

“You can leave that to the maids.” He said dismissively. He held her chin with his fingers as he tipped her head up to look at him.  “Are these for fashion?” He asked, motioning to remove her glasses. She slapped his hand away.

“Am I your toy?” She sneered and turned away from him. “Stop touching me so easily.”

He shrugged. “I didn’t know you wore glasses.”

“Do you know me?” She asked as she looked at him in the eye. When he didn’t reply, she continued. “No. I don’t know you either, and I don’t plan to. Let’s keep it that way.”

He cleared his throat. “Whatever.” He let go of her chin and sighed. “I just came by to check if you really came.”

“You thought I’d run away?”

He shrugged. “You gave me that kind of impression. I was hoping you would.”

“I was wishing you would run away.”

“Listen, Ahn Saeyi, if you’re looking for true love, I’m sorry but I’m not that kind of guy.” He said nonchalantly. “Don’t expect too much.”

Saeyi tried to keep her calm but deep inside, she was fuming. THE NERVE OF THIS GUY!! She shrugged. “I’m not looking for love.” She smiled bitterly. “You seem to think you’ve got me figured out, Jung Daehyun-ssi.” She scoffed. “But don’t worry, I’m not expecting anything and… I’ll try not to cry because of you.” She said sarcastically.

“I’m just saying. Don’t make things hard for the both of us. Let’s mind our own business and pretend we like each other for the sake of both our companies.”

“You don’t have to say it for me to know. Billions of dollars are riding on this marriage so if you screw things up, I’ll be the first person to make you suffer.” She said with a straight face.

“Bwoh?!” He seemed taken aback for a moment and then quickly gathered himself. He chuckled and nodded. “Ara. It’s good we had this talk.”

“Same here.” She said dismissively and he nodded before stalking out of the room.

--

Saeyi sighed and lay on the bed. "AGH!!! ANNOYING!!" She screamed as she covered her head with the pillow.

--

Daehyun leaned against the door. "Don't be too affected, Jung Daehyun." He frowned and headed out of the house.

 

*****END!!!*****

How was it? :) Comments and suggestions are welcome! <3

 

PS OMG still not over 1004!!! <3 That hipthrust....... <3