Initial Meeting

The Crown Prince

When Saeyi arrived in school, everyone was busy buzzing. “What’s going on?” She asked with a frown.

“Saeyi!!!” Krystal and Sulli (two of her closest girl friends in school) both approached her. “We heard about it!” Sulli began.

“OH MY GOD IT’S SO SAD, SAEYI!” Krystal whined.

“What is?”

“That—“ Before Krystal could finish, someone had grabbed Saeyi by the arm and dragged her away from the girls.

“Come with me for a bit.”

“Like I have a choice, Jongin!” She looked at him. He looked sad and angry.

“Why didn’t you tell me, Ahn Saeyi?!”

“Tell you what?” She asked, obviously confused. “CAN SOMEONE JUST TELL ME ALREADY!”

“YOU’RE TRANSFERRING SCHOOLS!”

Her eyes grew wide. “I’M WHAT?!” She looked around, looking lost. “Say that again, Jongin.”

“You didn’t know?”

“Do I look like I knew?” She snapped at him.

“What’s going on, Saeyi?” Her handsome best friend asked.

“Jongin, promise me you wont tell anyone—“ She began and he nodded, looking at her so seriously. “I’m getting sold.”

“WHAT?” He looked at her, dumbfounded. "Wha--- sold? Don't exaggerate!"

“Well, it’s kind of like that! I’m getting into an arranged marriage.” She said sadly.

“With who? Please tell me youre kidding.” He looked heartbroken.

“The Jung’s second son.”

“Jung? Jung Corporation?” He asked in distaste. “Are you for real? That ?”

“Don’t cuss!” She berated.

“Saeyi, now is the time to cuss! What am I gonna do without you?! Why should you go away?” he frowned. “And married to that horrible guy!”

“Is he really that horrible?” She asked.

“You accepted?!”

She nodded. “I had no choice Jongin! The Prada, the Tory Burch—“

“Save it for your girl friends.” He said disappointedly. “What did they say to convince you?”

She shook her head and avoided his gaze. “I just thought that I would like to help my parents.”

“By throwing your life away?!” He shouted and she winced.

“Not really throwing it away…” She pouted at him. “I can divorce him once we’ve exhausted their company!” She said hopefully, not believing it herself, either.

“Saeyi, listen to me, youre marrying this horrible guy! He parties and drinks too much, he illegally races, he plays around with girls!”

“Oh, so if he’s as busy as you make him out to be, I’ll just be as free as I am now, right? Right!” She concluded and he held her by the shoulders.

He shook her. “Are you awake? Are you seriously okay with this?”

“What do I do, Kai?!” She shouted back at him. “If I don’t agree to it, we lose everything!” She bit her quivering lip and looked away.

“You’re not the materialistic type, dorky Saeyi.” He smiled sadly at her. “Is it the orphanage?” He asked and she nodded sadly. He sighed as he embraced her tightly.

“Are you really going away?” She scoffed.

“Do I look like I had a say in the matter?” She buried her face in his chest.

“Write to me, Ahn Saeyi.” He said silently and she punched his chest as she sniffed.

“Ya! Are we in the 1800’s Kim Jongin?!” She laughed. “Write to you! What a joke!!”

“I was trying to stick to the mood!!!” He shouted back and hooked his arm on her neck, ruffling her hair. He sighed. “The guys are gonna be sad you’re leaving.”

“You’ll manage.” She smiled at him.

--

“What?!” A pretty boy shouted in surprise. “Ya! How dare you get married before your hyung!!!” Daehyun winced. They were at the Student Council President’s Office. The Student Council President was his hyung as well, Bang Yongguk.

“I didn’t really want to have it. I have no choice.”

“I didn’t know you were so filial, hyung.” Jongup, the shy looking, happy boy commented. He earned a punch on his arm.

“I’m not! This just involves a lot of money.” He said. “I can’t afford to mess up.”

“I thought you didn’t want to be restricted, hyung?” Zelo, the tall maknae, asked.

“I’m 19. It’s not like I have much of a choice right now. They’ll be thankful to me later.”

"So who's family are you marrying into?" Younjae, his best friend, asked.

Daehyun scoffed. "Ya, she's marrying into my family!"

"So who?"

"Daughter of the Ahn's." He waved his hand dismissively.

"Bwoh?!" Youngjae's eyes widened.

Daehyun leaned in, suddenly interested. "Wae, wae? You know about her?"

"Well, for one, she's known to be a prude. High strung, an all that."

"Eyy, that's boring." Himchan complained.

"You're not the one marrying her, hyung." Daehyun rolled his eyes.

"But I heard she's really pretty!!! Like, wanbyeokhae beautiful! Smart too."

"You heard? From who?" Himchan asked suspiciously.

Youngjae scratched the back of his neck. "Well-- Not really heard... She's actually my 6th grade crush."

"She seems to be your kind of girl, Youngjae." Daehyun shook his head. "You can actually have her, if you can."

"Stop kidding around, Daehyunnie!" Youngjae blushed.

"Ara." He chuckled. "I was only half serious."

Yongguk finally spoke up. “Just don’t screw up, Daehyun. This is a big deal.”

Daehyun's shoulders dropped. “I know, hyung.”

--

By lunch time, word had already gotten out about Saeyi’s (unwanted) transfer. Everyone in the cafeteria gossiped about her and Saeyi could only shake her head.

“What are you looking at?!” Kai barked at a couple of girls who passed by their table—obviously talking about Saeyi. The boys beside him shook their heads at his temper.

“Don’t worry Saeyi, you’ll be fine—unless you screw up, you’ll be fine.” Sehun “comforted” her.

“…Thanks.” She smiled dryly at his dry humor. She felt her phone vibrate and excused herself. A few minutes later, she came back to their table, slamming her phone beside her plate. Kai, Sehun , Baekyun and Chanyeol looked at each other nervously.

“Who was that?” Chanyeol broke the tension.

“Dad’s secretary.”

“What did he want?” Kai prodded further.

She started playing with the fork. “We’ll be meeting the Jung’s tonight.”

“Remember to look ugly!” Kai advised. “Wear your glasses!”

“Ya! She has to look pretty first before showing them what a total man she is!” Baekhyun commented.

“BWOH?!”

“They’ll be like, ‘Oh, what a beautiful daughter you have, President Ahn!!!’ but then they’ll see her eat and see her horrible temper, and snap!” Chanyeol snapped his fingers. “Just like that, engagement’s off!”

“PABO!!!” Saeyi hit him in the head and continued eating her food.

--

Saeyi sighed for the nth time. She fixed her dress in haste. Her designer aunt had given it to her, saying she'd definitely win her would-be fiance and her would be in-laws.

Her father cleared his throat awkwardly again. They were on the way to the Jung’s house.

“Remember to behave well, Saeyi. It’s been a long time since we’ve been to the Jung’s, so be polite and graceful.”

“Ara.” She replied quickly.

“Saeyi—“ Her mom chided, “Temper.”

“Got it.” She replied dismissively and her mother looked at her father worriedly.

“It’s gonna be fine.” Her father soothed.

-----

“My, what an extravagant house, you have, Mrs. Jung.” Saeyi commented as the Jung couple went to greet them.

“Thank you, Saeyi dear.” She smiled. “She’s so beautiful, Eunbi!” She said as she turned to Mrs. Ahn. “You must be so happy to have such a refined daughter.”

“Yes, I am.” She replied. “Oh, where is your son?”

Mr. Jung shook his head as he sighed, “Let’s all wait for Daehyun at the lounge while we have tea.” He said as he led them to the living room.

‘THE NERVE OF THIS DAEHYUN!’ Saeyi thought to herself and smiled as Mrs. Jung fussed over her.

--

Saeyi almost died of boredom—if they weren’t talking about business they were talking about her! Or that Daehyun guy.

“Excuse me, madam, sir, Master Daehyun is home already.”

“Oh, good. Tell him to get dressed and come quickly.” Mr. Jung said in relief.

“I’m here.” Daehyun said as he stepped in the room as fast as the maid had gone. He was wearing a white long-sleeved polo shirt and plain black pants.

“Oh, Daehyun, you remember the Ahn’s.”

“Of course.” He smiled politely and bowed at the couple. “I’m sorry I’m late. School work took too long to finish.”

“That’s quite alright, Daehyun.” Mrs. Ahn nodded her head. "You have grown up quite handsomely!"

"You haven't aged a bit, aunt." He smiled cheekily. Saeyi rolled her eyes.

“And of course, this is Saeyi, the Ahn’s daughter.” His mother motioned to the girl who was impassively looking at him. Daehyun’s eyes lit up.

'I guess Youngjae's taste isn't so bad.' He smirked. Saeyi could feel that he was sizing her up so she stuck her nose in the air.

“Hello, nice to meet you.” He smiled and bowed at her as well. She sighed as she nodded.

“Same here, Daehyun-ssi.”

“You’re very pretty.” He commented as he sat down, his gaze not faltering. For a moment, she felt self-conscious, but she shrugged it off and smiled prettily at him.

“You’re pretty too.” She replied.

“Thank you.” He grinned.

Their parents seemed pleased at the exchange and laughed at the two. They both found it funny how the elders didn’t notice the bad blood between. Both of them were thinking the same thing, however.

 

‘I already hate him’

            ‘I already hate her’

 

-------

END!!!!

Second Chapter Intro done! Yay! Comments are always welcome :)

Hope you enjoyed it!