Chapter 5

Loving You

It was a shout out to the runaway siwon from heechul that managed to gather the members' attention. Hangeng came towards heechul and enquired about the man whose absence was now obvious. Heechul was unaware where the other could have gone. The members went to jihoon who had been taking care of some paper work and had decided to give the members some space.

As soon he arrived he was asked about siwon's whereabouts and upon knowing his absence, jihoon figured there was only one place he could be. He asked heechul to accompany him and let hangeng hold the fort at the hospital and let them know of the developments.

After jihoon took off with heechul, hangeng asked kibum and donghae to stay with him and the others were told to return back to the dorms. The members who were still recuperating shouldn’t be in a stressful situation. With a promise on relaying any development back to him, leeteuk agreed to accompany others to the dorm.

Standing outside a church that jihoon had bought him to, heechul was in a bit of conundrum. Jihoon had confirmed siwon's presence inside and had come back with an expected answer that the younger was refusing to come out. Throwing out his beliefs heechul entered the church and saw him kneeling at the alter with folded hands

He went and kneeled beside the other and saw siwon’s faced streaked with tears. He was crying and fervently praying for his lover's recovery. Seeing heechul beside him, he leaned into a side hug for support lest he fall down. Heechul asked him to return to the hospital with him and be with kyu during these trying times. He blankly refused to go back and said that he was going to stay here until his love recovered his voice. Hearing this, the other asked him to stop the nonsense and come with him.

Siwon with tear filled eyes relayed on how helpless he felt when kyu pleaded with him to help him. He was not needed at the hospital the competent people who could actually make a difference were already there, he was to be here praying to ensure everything went smoothly. He said for kyu and him to be together, they had to prove their true love, these tribulations will be over and he will fight fate if he had to get kyu back.

Unable to make the other return, heechul also made himself comfortable on the benches with jihoon beside him. Hangeng was duly reporting about the developments in the hospital. Though the operation was successful due to some complications the thorax had retained water and that hindered with the voice box turning kyu into a mute. Dr. Jessica was waiting for his vitals to normalize before performing a small procedure that would drain the water and give him his voice back.

Siwon had spent the whole day in the same kneeling position and had refused heechul and jihoon's attempt to even get him to sit. He had of course refused to eat or drink until kyu was well and no amount of persuasion changed his stance. It was early in morning when heechul received a call from hangeng saying that kyuhyun was being bought from the operation theater.

The members had arrived at the hospital but were kept waiting outside. Dr. Jessica reasoned that she didn't want anyone to stress out the patient and that visitors will be allowed only after he had showed signs of improvement. The doctor stayed inside the room once kyu had come to consciousness. The members waited patiently outside. Heechul and jihoon were with siwon who was still at the church praying hard.

It was when heechul came to kneel beside him that siwon looked at him. He held up his phone and motioned siwon to speak, as the other was about to dismiss it, he forcefully placed it on his ear.

He was about to roll his eyes when cutting the silence on the phone he distinctly heard a crackled sounding voice say "won."  The feeling of pure happiness that he felt after hearing the voice of his love was amplified due to the fact that he almost lost him and would have been bereft from hearing this melodious voice ever. The silent tears were the only proof of the overwhelming feeling of joy he was undergoing.

"Kyu baby" his voice was also chocked with emotions, taking a deep breath he almost instantly directed a slew of questions about the other's wellbeing the moment he was quite. Before the other could even utter another word, he heard hangeng on the other line asking him to come back if he wanted to know more.

Siwon held his hands together in thanksgiving to god. He knew it was only divine intervention that had bought him this happiness. Saying his thankfulness he was about to get up when his legs gave up and he wobbled only to have heechul hold him.

Heechul had stood patiently watching the joyous expressions the younger had after hearing the maknae speak. He had been happy the moment hangeng had called to say that kyuhyun could speak again. He saw how happy siwon was and he felt glad that everything was turning back to normal. He felt a hint of pride seeing the love of his dongsangs overcoming obstacles and was especially proud of siwon who had showcased that true love overcomes all. His determination and faith in his love and his god single handedly changed fate.

One thing that they had kept from the other was the real condition of kyu when he was brought to the hospital. The kid had his heartbeat stop more than once before siwon could reach the hospital. The situation had become so drastic that the doctors had asked them to contact his loved ones and ask them to see him for the last time. It was the younger's determination and sheer grit that he was able to fight fate and crawl back from death. Now when he thought back, it was when they were contemplating coming clean to siwon on the maknae's true condition that they saw some improvements.

They reached the hospital to a celebration. The room was decorated and was full with objects kyu loved. All the members were waiting there along with   Dr. Jessica.

As soon as siwon entered he rushed to kyu's side. He stood there expectantly, "hi babe" was all it took for the other to say when he planted a big kiss on his lips. It was followed with many small kisses doting all the younger's face. He wanted so badly to hug the other but knowing that in his excitable state he might just injure his love he was contented to just hold his hand. The love birds shared many unsaid words, for their love had transcended beyond the need for trivial stuff like mere words. This ordeal had bonded their souls together and they were aware of each other more innately. There shared connection was obvious when siwon took a glass of water and gave it to kyu to only have it put on his lips.

Kyuhyun said that he knew siwon had not eaten or drank anything properly ever since he was hospitalized. His night out had also come to his notice. The other members were silently viewing this conversation but not a single one felt they were intruding. When the wonkyu was in middle of another staring game, heechul, kibum and hangeng startled them by bursting balloons.

Heechul said that he was not interested in this sappy picture and wanted to party. Soon all the members got into the party mode. Kyu just sat there with a smile on his face seeing his hyungs acting like dorks. While everyone was a joyous mood siwon walked towards the lone female occupant in the room and gave her a tight hug. The doctor was surprised with such display of emotion but nonetheless returned the gesture. Tears started pouring out of siwon when his was in between conveying his heartfelt thanks. The doctor smiled seeing a macho man like siwon who oozed manliness from every pore letting feelings overpower him. But this just showed the strength and deep bond her patient and he shared. Siwon ended his thanksgiving by asking Jessica to call him any time of the day if she ever needed anything. He kissed her on the forehead and said that she held a special place in his life as the person who helped in reuniting him and kyu and he would forever remember her for this.

The room went up in ohhhs and ahhhs witnessing this and the members began playfully instigating kyu against siwon for his stunt with Jessica, but the other just smiled and looked at him with love.

 

It was the ringtone of siwon's phone that bought him back from the memory lane. "Oh...you have arrived. I will reach there soon babe. Love you too."

Siwon smiled at the thought of meeting his lover. It was a right decision on his part to come here, for now he was not only certain of the choice he had made but he also had taken god's blessing for it. Patting the front of his jacket and feeling the rectangular box safely tucked inside, he exited the church to meet his love, his life, his kyuhyun.

 

 

This is the end. Hope you all liked it.

A big thanks to those who subscribed, upvoted, commented on this fic and also the silent readers.

Love you all!!!!