Chapter 5

Life With Boys

The House

 

    It was a Sunday. The Sunday before everyone goes back to work. A day where they dedicated to stay at home and be lazy. For them, Sunday meant watching movies all day and playing around. It was truly a day that they spent together to ‘strengthen their bond’ as the oldest one would always say. As much as they hated to admit it, they loved spending time together, it gave them that kind of family that was lacking being so far away from their homes.

 

“Aish, you can’t do that hyung!” Yonghwa complained. 

 

    They were playing video games. 

 

“You guys didn’t clarify the rules earlier, so we’re playing with no rules.” Donghae answered.

 

“You’re such a cheater hyung.” Taecyeon stated.

 

    Donghae laughed at the younger ones who clearly were bothered by losing. 

 

    Tiffany was sitting in between Yunho and Seunghyun. She had her back on Yunho’s chest and her legs on Seunghyun’s lap as she peacefully read her fashion magazines and Yunho had his arm around her as he watched the younger ones bicker, while Seunghyun was reading book. 

 

    This was their ideal Sunday, staying home and doing whatever pleased them. 

 

“Let’s just watch a movie.” Yonghwa suggested. 

 

“Yah, Donghae hyung clearly does not know how to play fair.” Taecyeon encouraged Yonghwa’s suggestion. 

 

“What movie do you guys want to watch?” Yunho asked. 

 

    Tiffany put the magazine down and paid attention to what was going on. 

 

“How about Dear John?” She said, giving the guys a sweet smile. 

 

“Any other suggestions?” Seunghyun added, completely ignoring Tiffany’s suggested movie.  

 

“How about The Conjuring?” Yonghwa asked.

 

    There was one thing Tiffany hated about living with them and that was their undying love for horror films. 

 

“Let’s put it into a vote.” Yunho said. 

 

“That’s so pointless oppa, we clearly know what movie we’re going to watch.” Tiffany pouted. 

 

“Sorry princess, when it comes to these things, it’s always going to be 5 to 1.” Donghae said, throwing her a flying kiss. 

 

    They ended up choosing the horror film Tiffany despised. They remained seated like the way they were before. Tiffany in between Yunho and Seunghyun, Taecyeon by himself and Donghae and Yonghwa together. 

 

    Lights were off and everyone watched in deep concentration. Tiffany was trembling. She was frightened. 

 

    Seunghyun took notice of Tiffany. 

 

    He placed his arm around Tiffany and she scooted closer to him.  

 

“Oppa, this is too scary! How can you love these kinds of movies?!” She whispered, but it was still loud enough that everyone heard. 

 

    Everyone gave a small laugh. 

 

“It’s really not that scary. This is not even as bad as the ones we really like.” He whispered back. 

 

    She held onto him like her life depended on it. She buried her face on his chest every time something would just pop out. Saying horror movies weren’t her style would truly be an understatement. 

 

    The movie had ended and Yonghwa got up from his seat to turn the lights back on. Tiffany and Yunho had fallen asleep on. She had her back rested on Yunho’s chest and Yunho had his head gently placed on top of hers. 

 

“They fell asleep.” Seunghyun pointed. 

 

    Yonghwa, Taecyeon, Donghae and Seunghyun looked at the peacefully sleeping Tiffany and couldn’t deny their jealously for the oldest one. They wished it was them that Tiffany had fallen asleep on. 

 

“Should we wake them?” Yonghwa asked. 

 

“Mhm.” Taecyeon bitterly mumbled.

 

    Donghae gently shook Yunho to wake him up. 

 

“Movie’s done?” Yunho uttered. 

 

“Yah hyung. She fell asleep too.” Donghae said. 

 

    They didn’t bother waking her up. Seunghyun volunteered to carry her off to her room.

 

“Oppa?” She faintly said, still half asleep. 

 

    Seunghyun had just put her on her bed. 

 

“Hmm?” Seunghyun answered. 

 

    She patted down on her bed, an invitation to lay down beside her. 

 

    He followed her order and made himself comfortable on her bed. 

 

“Thanks oppa.” She whispered, putting her arms on him as she snuggled closer to him. 

 

“For?” He asked, shifting himself to face her. 

 

“Everything.” She gently whispered as her eyes began to betray her and doze off to slumber once again. 

 

    Seunghyun had decided to stay beside her, afraid that any kind of movement would wake her as she was a light sleeper. Although, he really could not get any sleep. How could he when all he could do was stare at her peacefulness? That was one thing he admired the most about her. Even though confused about life, there was something about Tiffany that Seunghyun found so admirable, something that always intrigued him about her. So the whole night, Seunghyun stayed awake in deep thought about what was that something that he cannot figure out. 

 

    It was already a new day. Tiffany woke up and found Seunghyun beside her who had just fallen asleep. 

 

    She smiled to herself as she watched him breathe in and out. Even sleeping, she couldn’t deny that he looked out of this world. 

 

“Oppaa, wake up.” She whispered on his ear.

 

    His eyes started to open as a result of Tiffany’s sweet nothings. 

 

“Morning Tiff.” He uttered. 

 

“It’s Monday oppa, don’t you have to go somewhere today?” She asked. 

 

“Hmm, I don’t want to get up.” He grumbled. 

 

“Get up oppa. You said you couldn’t be late for this. And I really cannot be late at my new job too!” She told him. 

 

    Seunghyun had a meeting with his agent about the progess of his writings. While Tiffany would be starting her first day as a fashion consultant at Vogue. 

 

“I’m gonna go wake the others up. Everyone’s back to work.” She whispered to him again as she planted a kiss on his forehead. 

 

“So get up! Yes?” She commanded. 

 

“Yes ma’am.” He answered. 

 

    She got up from her bed and had washed up before waking the others up. She headed to Yonghwa’s room first. 

 

“Oppa, wake up! It’s 7am and you have to be at work at 9.” She shook him lightly to wake him up.

 

“Mmm, Tiff.” He whined. 

 

“Come on oppa, it’s Monday and you don’t want to be late. Let’s goo.” She enthusiastically said. 

 

“I’m getting up.” He mumbled. 

    

    She made her morning run to each room, much alike a human alarm clock as the guys would tease. 

 

    One by one, everyone left for work. 

 

Vogue

 

    Tiffany had just gotten to her new job. It was the day she would be known as Tiffany the Vogue Fashion Consultant than Tiffany of Hwang Industries. She was truly looking forward to working here as fashion was the many things she was very good at. 

 

    She opened the glass door, where the receptionist has led her. That was going to be her office. 

 

“Hi!” A voice sprung out of nowhere. 

 

    Tiffany tried to act cool, not showing that she was surprised. 

 

“Ah, they didn’t tell you, you’d be sharing this office with me, did they?” The person asked. 

 

“No, they didn’t. But I’m Tiffany by the way.” Tiffany said, extending her hand out to the person for a hand shake. 

 

“Nice to meet you, I’m Bora.” She smiled at Tiffany. 

 

“It’s your first day, huh?” Bora asked. 

 

“Yes. I’m so nervous.” Tiffany chuckled. 

    

    Tiffany and Bora continued to chat more and clicked instantly. Bora has been working for Vogue for almost a year now as a fashion consultant too. She was pretty and had a very charming personality that matched well with Tiffany’s. 

 

“I love your outfit, I see why the boss hired you.” Bora complimented. 

 

    She wore a red knitted dress paired with a laced up boots. 

 

“Thank you, I hope I dressed appropriately.” Tiffany joked.

 

    Bora showed Tiffany around the office, as they didn’t have anything important to do. She was introduced to co-workers and Tiffany was glad she was finally able to make acquaintances in Korea. 

 

“Miss Hwang, it’s nice to see you.” A man said. 

 

“Good afternoon!” Bora quickly bowed to him. 

 

“Good afternoon to you as well Bora. I see you’ve already shown Miss Hwang around.” He said. 

 

“Ah, yes. We were able to finish what we had to do, so I thought I’d show her around.” Bora replied. 

 

“Well, Miss Hwang, welcome to Vogue.” He smiled at her. 

 

“Thank you so much Mr. Kwon.” Tiffany bowed to him. 

 

“Ah, no need for formalities here. Call me Jiyong, Tiffany.” Jiyong said. 

 

“Yes Mr. Kwo…Jiyong.” She stuttered. 

 

    Jiyong Kwon was another kind of handsome. He was totally fashionable and carried himself well. 

 

“I hope you’ll love working here as much as we all do.” He told her. 

 

“I’m pretty sure I’ll do.” She answered, giving him her most popular eye-smile. 

 

    Jiyong stood her, mesmerized by her smile. She was truly captivating. 

 

    He quickly cleared his throat and came back to reality. 

 

“I should get back to my office. If you have any questions, feel free to ask Bora or me. My doors are always open.” He quickly said as he walked away. 

 

“Thank you.” Tiffany replied. 

 

“What was that about?” Bora asked.

 

“I’ve never seen Jiyong so out of himself.” She added. 

 

    Tiffany just laughed, not knowing what Bora was talking about.