Coming Out of the Closet

Doojoon, The Wise

 

It was a Tuesday morning and Beast were doing a photo-shoot involving their new album. It was currently Hyunseung’s turn for posing and Junhyung, being the protective person he was, kept glaring at anyone who would look at his boyfriend in a erted manner.

All of a sudden, Doojoon’s phone started ringing.

I want mah sugar mama~

Dongwoon spat out his drink and shook his head, mumbling something about shame and disgrace.

Doojoon answered his phone. “Hello?” he spoke.

“Hey hyung!” a familiar voice chimed.

“Joon?”

“Yep!”

“What do you want?”

Despite their close relationship with each other, Doojoon knew Mr. Honey Abs only called him if Mir was involved. And if you hadn’t figured it out, Joon was obsessed liked his group’s maknae.

[ Meanwhile At The MBLAQ Dorm ]

“What do you want?”

Joon couldn’t help but grin at his friend’s bluntness. Since everyone else was out of the dorm, he didn’t have to worry about volume. “Well,” the dancer started,” I need your advice.”

“My advice?”

“Yep! I heard that you got Jongkey together. Mind helping me with Joomir?”

“What do you need help on?”

“How do I get Mir’s attention?”

“Is he even gay?”

“Well he always hangs out with the leader and Thunder.”

“Oh, yeah, I heard of those couples. MirDer and Mirho right?”

Joon found himself scowling. “Yeah. Jeez, why can’t fans just like Joomir? MirDer sounds like you just killed someone and Mirho sounds like something you find under your armpit.”

“How does Mirho sound like—“

“IT JUST DOES OKAY?”

Doojoon sighed. “If you want his attention, I suggest teasing and joking with him.”

Joon smiled deviously. “If you say so hyung.”

When the maknae came home 8 hours later, he was shocked to find Mr. Honey Abs waiting for him in the kitchen.

“Hey hyung!” the rapper greeted. “Where’re the others?”

He didn’t realize Joon followed him to the fridge until he turned around and saw the dancer’s face leaning only a few centimeters away from his.

“They’re still out,” Joon replied.

Mir felt his cheeks heating up and slightly turned his head. “Um, hyung, can you scoot back a little?”

“What if I like this position?”

Joon started leaning in and Mir squeezed his eyes tightly shut but when he suddenly heard laughter, he opened his eyes to find his hyung rolling on the floor like a maniac.

“Aw, Mir, you’re so cute when you’re scared!” the dancer cooed.

The maknae flushed. “Don’t do that hyung!” he cried before punching his hyung. Then, flustered, he left the kitchen and sped up to his room, unknowingly passing Seungho who had just arrived home.

The group leader watched his dongsaeng disappeared upstairs. His curiosity grew even more when he found Joon grinning in the kitchen. “Did something happen between you and Mir?” he asked.

“Nah, not really,” the dancer replied. “But hey, hyung, can you do me a favor?”

“Sure. What?”

And when Seungho saw the look on Joon’s face, he immediately regretted his decision.

 [ One Week Later ; Beast Dorm ]

Doojoon and Hyunseung were sitting in the room they both shared.

“Are you sure?” Hyunseung asked their leader.

Doojoon nodded his head. “Yeah, I’m pretty sure.”

“So when you stand while eating, you get gas?”

“Yep!”

All of a sudden, Junhyung flung the door in and stormed inside. “Yah!” he exclaimed, taking Hyunseung’s hand. “Stop brainwashing my boyfriend!”

“Yong Junhyung, are you jealous?” the orange-haired singer asked.

“Yes I am. I’m a jealous rapper who doesn’t like his boyfriend talking to a guy that said the best birthday present to give to a guy is a rat. Now come on. Let’s go on a date.” And with that, the Junseung couple left the room. Doojoon pouted and got up from his seat before leaving his room

Junhyung’s such a protective boyfriend, the leader groaned.

As he past Yoseob’s room, he heard voices.

“…… Mir…. coming……” he made out.

Wasn’t that Dongwoon’s voice?

He stopped and pressed his ear against the door.

“…… Mir…… closet….?”

Doojoon gawked and without staying to hear what the real and visual maknae were talking about, he hurried back to his room and shut the door. “Hello?” Joon’s voice was heard on the other line once Doojoon called him.

“Joon, guess what!”

“What?”

“I overheard Dongwoon say Mir was coming out of the closet!”

“Coming out of the closet? I knew I was too hot for him to resist.”

Doojoon snorted but continued. “So what’re you gonna do now? I don’t think Mir’s the type of person that’ll make the first move.”

“Yeah, you’re right. But that doesn’t mean I’m not! I’ll talk to you later, okay hyung? For now, I have some business to take care of.”

And before Doojoon could respond, the line was cut off.

Back at the MBLAQ dorm, Mir was ranting to Seungho in their shared room.

“Wherever I go, Joon-hyung follows me. Whenever we’re alone, he tries to hug or embarrass me. It’s so awkward and weird! What am I supposed to do?” The maknae threw his hands up in frustration.

“Well,” Seungho started,” do you like it?”

As soon as the question was asked, Mir silenced himself, causing the leader to secretly grin. “So you do like it!” he laughed.

“SHH! I don’t know! It makes me feel weird, but somehow in a good way?”

Ohoho, I like where this is going, Seungho smirked. “When you say you ‘felt weird’, did your stomach get a warm feeling?”

“Yeah!”

“Did you feel your knees almost give in?”

“Uh huh!”

“And was your heart pounding really fast?”

“Exactly! How’d you know hyung?”

Because I’m not slow, Seungho wanted to say, but he kept it in. “I have experience,” he replied.

“So what am I supposed to do hyung?”

“Well….. I’ll get back to you with that tomorrow.”

Mir gaped as Seungho suddenly got up and dashed outside. Unknown to him, the leader and Joon were conversing in the hall.

“Go get him dongsaeng!” Seungho cheered. “He’s all yours!”

They did their bro-hug before Joon entered the room and closed the door behind him. He noticed how Mir froze after noticing his presence. “Hey Mireu!” he chimed.

Almost immediately, the maknae got up to leave, but was pulled back by his hyung. “Let go hyung!” he cried.

“Why?”

“B-Because… um… I need to do the laundry!”

“It’s GO-hyung’s turn.”

“I’ll go help him!”

“No need. You’re staying with me.”

“But—“

Before Mir could comprehend what was happening, Joon had pushed him lightly onto the bed and straddled him. “H-Hyung, what’re you doing?”

“Something you’ll definitely like.”

[ Downstairs ]

Thunder looked up at the ceiling. “Whoa, hyung, did you just hear something?”

Seungho waved it aside. “Don’t worry. It’s just Joon and Mir.”

GO grinned. “It’s about time!”

Thunder blinked. “Am I missing something here?”

GO and Seungho glanced at each other before shaking their heads. “Naw.”

They sat in silence before Thunder spoke up again. “Hey, GO-hyung, isn’t Mir supposed to head over to the Beast dorm in two hours?”

Seungho looked up from his book. “Why?”

“He’s coming over there to help Dongwoon and Yoseob. Something about the closet door?”

Seungho gawked and after receiving weird looks, he explained the story of Doojoon overhearing Dongwoon and Yoseob’s conversation.

“Doojoon-hyung really needs to stop eavesdropping,” Thunder laughed after the story ended.

They suddenly heard a scream from upstairs.

GO chuckled. “Ah, kids. Such a pleasure to have.”