003

Ugly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where It All Starts (Part ll)

 I bit my lip as I witnessed my classmates, upperclassmen, and underclassmen party hard.  Girls pranced around and danced with guys in hardly any clothes and guys creeped on the girls like it was their job!  My eyes began to water at the sight…  Doesn’t anyone have any respect for themselves!?  I am standing here, not even doing anything, no one’s even approaching me, yet I feel violated and disturbed.

“Hey…?  Are you going to cry?” Bom’s worried voice broke my train of thought and I looked over at her.  I blinked my eyes couple of times hoping my eyes looked less watery and I shook my head.  “Okay…  I was getting a little worried,” She put a hand on her chest and exhaled deeply.

A familiar face walked up to us holding drinks.  “Hey Bommie!  Who’s your friend!?” Dongwook tried to talk over the music.  “Here have some drinks!” he happily smiled and gave us each a cup.

Bom put a hand on my shoulder and smiled, “This is Dara.  She’s a new party goer and my best friend!”

“Oh Sandara?  As in goody-two shoes, innocent, nerdy Dara?” he pointed out.  When I heard him say those three things about me my lips pressed into a thin line and I stared down at the mysterious, clear liquid in my cup.  It could be alcohol for all I know.  Dongwook noticed I was a little hurt by his words so he tried to change the subject, “Don’t worry its water.  Bommie always parties hard but she doesn’t drink or do anything indecent.”

I cracked a small smile and finally spoke up, “That’s good to hear.”

He looked around the room then warmly smiled at us.  “Anyways you ladies look beautiful.  I am sorry to leave you two so soon, maybe we can meet up later on in the night but for now I have to be a good host.  Later!” He waved then walked away.

“Later,” Bom and I said as he left. 

I respected Dongwook, he was a gentleman, he knows when to stop or when to continue, and he knows how to let loose and have fun.

Some people that Bom knew recognized her and approached us.  Bom introduced me and we had a good conversation with them…until a small group of people shoved right through us.  “Move!” A girl with familiar blonde hair yelled over the music.

One of the people we were talking to muttered the word, “.”

Bom’s hand clenched, “Ugh, I don’t like Chaerin.  She thinks she’s the queen of everything.”  We watched Chaerin or also known as CL prance up to her boyfriend, GD, with her best friend Minji right behind her.  “I don’t like her…and her boyfriend.  But I won’t let that ruin my night!  Let’s dance!”  Bom took my hand and led me to the dance floor.  She started dancing but I sort of stood there, I didn’t know how to dance, but I looked around at other people.  They just let loose and had fun, so I tired.  I listened to the music and I soon found myself dancing with my best friend. 

While we were dancing I felt a body come close and began to dance behind me.  I froze I turned around to see who it was.  It was GD’s friend Seungri, “Hey cutie, don’t mind me.”  His hands made their way to my waist and pulled my closer to him.

“Yah!  Annoying Panda back off!” Bom squeezed between me and Seungri. 

“Why?  It’s not like you know her,” he try to move past Bom but she got in his way again.

She put her hands on her hips and stared up at him.  “She’s my best friend, the one and only, Park Sandara,” She said with pride in her voice. 

Seungri’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped, “That cutie is the goody-goody, shy, nerdy girl?”  He pointed at me.  A smirk appeared on Bom’s face and she nodded.  “Daym, girl!  What happened!?” A pleased smile stretched across his face.  Bom scoffed the pushed him away and he simply winked at me then walked back to his friends.

After he left, Bom and I danced in peace for a while until I left to grab a drink.  “Bom I am going to get something to drink,” I said into her ear.

“Okay, you want me to go with you?” She asked a little worried. 

“I’ll be fine,” I smiled.

“Look for Dongwook, don’t accept any drinks from anyone else and if you get a drink from the snack area or bar make sure to smell it, there probably will be alcohol in it,” she warned me.  I gave her a thumbs up and I made my way through the crowd. 

I looked around for Dongwook but I couldn’t find him anywhere.  I found a table against a wall with drinks scattered all over it and a big punch bowl in the middle with a stack of cups.  A boy, who looked around my age wearing a white V-neck, very low blue jeans, expensive looking high-tops, Wayfarer glasses, and a light blue Hype hat to the side, was standing near the table, noticed me.  “You thirsty?” he asked with a small smile and I nodded shyly.  “Let me poor you one,” he took a cup from the stack of cups then ladled whatever it was inside the punch bowl into the cup and then handed it to me.

“Thank you…” I mumbled then took a very small and cautious sip from the cup while getting a good whiff of it.  It smelt and tasted fine to me so I took another sip.

“No problem,” he sent another smile towards me and I sent a small smile back.  He seemed nice.  I noticed he came a little closer to me and he began a conversation with me.  “I never seen you at Dong-Wook’s other parties, but you look familiar.”

I nodded and took another sip, not making eye contact with him, “I don’t go to parties that much…  Do you go to YG High?”  He nodded his head.  “I am a junior there…” I stated softly.

“Really!?  Me too,” he said shocked and I jumped a little because of his voice.  He began to lean closer to my face, trying to think of who I am, but once he got too close I took another sip from my cup.  I was a little nervous and I kept drinking from my cup, but after I took a couple sips I felt relaxed. 

“You look like that Dara girl…” he concluded and I shyly nodded my head.  I noticed his eyes widen a little, “Wow, you look different, I swear your wear glasses like mine only they are prescription glasses.”  He pointed at his fashion glasses and I nodded my head. 

“My brother made my wear contacts…”

He nodded understanding, “Good choice, you would want your glasses falling off and getting destroyed, you wouldn’t be able to see.”  He smiled at me again, “By the way my name is Nam Inho, I am inside Bom’s class.”

“Nice to meet you,” I stared to the ground not knowing what to do next.  I would like to go back to Bom but I would feel bad for leaving Inho by himself.

I felt him nudge my side after a long awkward silence, “Would you like to dance?”

I thought about it for a second and I thought, it wouldn’t hurt to dance with him…right? 

“Sure,” I said shyly, “But I am not the best dancer.”

He took my hand and led me to the middle of the dance floor, “Its fine, follow me.”  When he found a good spot on the dance floor he brought me close to him and started dancing.  At first I didn’t know what to do since I never ever danced with a guy before but I just had fun like with Bom. 

Normally, I would be very shy around any guy who wasn’t an adult, my brother, his friends, or a young child, but right now I didn’t mind being so close to Inho, it was like I wasn’t myself…  I felt a little calm, loose, relaxed.

We danced and dance until we both needed a drink.  We went back to the table and he poured a drink for me and himself.  As soon as he gave me my drink I quickly drank it in gulps since I was really thirsty, then I poured more into my cup and I quickly drank that too.  “Omo that was fun!” I giggled happily and leaned on the wall behind me. 

This isn’t me.  Why am I acting so different?

He chuckled then he set down our empty cups, “I didn’t expect you to be this fun.”  He put a hand on the wall beside my head, putting all his weight on that hand.  “Let’s see how fun you can be,” he mumbled and leaned closer to me.  His free hand moved my curled hair behind my ear.  Inho looked as if he was going to kiss me but instead I felt this hot breath on my ear and he began to nibble at my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter