Chapter 8

Taken Gift

Both the maknaes arrive at their dorm after sobbing and crying for almost hours. They stopped doing it after Sunggyu called Myungsoo to inquire him whether he already met Sungjong or not. Myungsoo admitted that he was with Sungjong, and the same thing mentioned earlier by Myungsoo by Sunggyu, the leader commanded both of them to come back home.

            Sungjong is reluctant enough to go back to their dorm, but Myungsoo’s neat and strong grip of hand makes him follows his hyung. He does not want to see Myungsoo’s real anger.

            “Sungjong,” Myungsoo breaks the silence filling in between, “I know that you are upset, but don’t you want to make us happy? Don’t you want to see us happy? Don’t you?”

            Sungjong palpitates. “I… hyung,” he lowers his head, “I am sorry.”

            “No,” Myungsoo inserts, “I am the one who is wrong. I should take care of you as I am taking care of my own life.”

            “Hyung,” Sungjong’s voice grows harsh, “I love you too.”

            “Sungjong, please don’t repeat it again,” Myungsoo turns to Sungjong and caresses his cheek with his right hand and ruffles his shiny hair with another hand.

            Sungjong cannot push Myungsoo’s hands although he feels a bit so bad. He does not want to see his hyung(s) sad. He never wants to see their tears roll down the cheeks. They are too generous that they still care of Sungjong yet Sungjong defies them, always.

            Minutes of walking from the bus stop, they arrive home.

            “We’re home,” Myungsoo is the one who appears first. Sungjong is behind him.

            Instead of Woohyun’s ‘Welcome~’ or Sunggyu’s ‘Yah! Why are you late?’ or Dongwoo’s ‘Hey, were you meeting noona?’ or Howon’s ‘Have you bought purple souvenirs for me?’ or Sungyeol’s ‘You are? Thank God. Join me drinking Americano’, all five of them surround the couple with glares and lower lips bit.

            Sunggyu is the most in front compared to others. He is the leader, right?

            “Thank you, Myungsoo,” he says with his cold stare lays on Sungjong’s sparkling eyes.

            Myungsoo nods once and step backward. Sungjong realises that Sunggyu is mad at him, stiffens himself.

            “Lee. Sung. Jong.” Sunggyu tries to brainwash him again. “What have you done dude?”

            Sungjong blinks and shuts his mouth. He does not want to reply any questions as he himself can see how angry s are. He dares not to talk or even makes any sounds.

            “Do you know?” Sunggyu’s voice upraised. He then dilates his already small eyes.

            Sungjong is imagining terrible things that will be or possibly happening onto him after that like being punished sleeping outside the dorm or no chocolate for two whole years or resigns from the entertainment industry or else. He doesn’t want any of those.

            “Sungjong,” Woohyun draws to him nearer, “I don’t want to say this because I love you, but no, I need to do so now. Sungjong, you are a kind of selfish one.”

            Sungjong gapes. He looks Woohyun into his eyes. Woohyun’s squint means that he is frustrated of Sungjong’s attitude. He never thought that the maknae would do that mean deed. He thought that Sungjong would not dare to do so. But, he, or it is not impossible, everyone, is wrong. Totally lie.

            “Sungjong,” Howon and Dongwoo approach Sungjong together, “Please don’t repeat this kind of behaviour. Or you will be hell.”

            Sungjong gulps. He once saw how Howon looked like when he was angry with someone and from those lines, he knows that Howon is. Dongwoo seems more comfortable to just listen to others’ confession rather that joining them to babble on him.

            “Yah!” Sungyeol comes and abruptly smacks Sungjong’s back of head, “So that is what you want, huh?” he frowns, “Go ahead if you want so. Just go! And don’t you ever come back!”

            Sungjong cannot stand any longer. All those Infinite members are blaming him for their anxiety caused by him. He cannot see how frustrated they are. He really wishes not to look their current expressions.

            Well, his dream is becoming true.

            His view turns blurry. He at first thinks that it’s because he starts to weep but no, it’s his problematic eyes again yet he does not notice. He faces the floor beneath him and deafens himself so that he will not feel hurt by others.

            “Hey,” Myungsoo gives a soft slap on his nape, “Do you hear that? They mind about you. They do so because they love you. We love you. After you left, we were worried to death. We thought that you would be leaving us. Luckily I found you.”

            The sudden hit on his nape makes Sungjong moves affront a bit. He cannot control his body balance thus falls onto floor. He manages to save himself by kneeling before his face kisses the floor. The others are shocked. They hurriedly go to Sungjong and help him to stand.

            “Sungjong, are you all right?” Dongwoo is the nearest to Sungjong inquires first.

            Sungjong looks him at a glance before he replies, “I think it’s the time to tell you the truth.”