Chapter 2: The Encounter

Serenity

Chapter 1 Recap:

Ailia and Sunna went to the airport for the departure. Sunna handed Ailia an envelope with one grand for Ailia to spend while in Korea. Ailia had an outrage on whom Sunna received the money from. Sunna would not tell Ailia how she got the money from Jack Johnson. When Ailia went through the security gate, she spotted Jack with her sister crying immensely. She knew that a tremendous deal was made between the two for her money but she couldn't do anything to help her sister's unthinkable decision because her flight was about to take off. 


 


Chapter 2: The Encounter

When Ailia heard the flight attendance announced that the flight will land in five minutes, she was so eager to get off and was shaking so hard, thinking about what she should do first thing to get Sunna safe. She thought to herself that of course, she have to call the police and inform to them about the situation, and call Sunna about what is happening to her.

When the plane landed, Ailia rose from her seat quickly, making many stares glancing her way. She grabbed her luggages from the cabinet and rushed out of the plane, not waving nor appreciating the pilots and the flight attendances. She her phone and started to dial 911, but the call didn't make through because she is not in the states anymore. She tried dialing for her sister's number and also the police's number multiple times but it will not go through. Anxiously freaking out, she called Hari to inform Hari about her arrival and if Hari could help her in any ways.

Hello? Hari? Is that you? I've already landed in Korea safely but, I think Sunna is in danger. No, I know she is in danger. Is there a way for me to reach her? I tried calling but it never go through. How did you call and text me all these time that you were in Korea?” Ailia explained.

You've reached already? I thought your flight was going to be delayed?” Hari questioned. She got up and start putting on her coat and winter wears. “I'll be right there, I'll call you.”

No, wait! Before you go, tell me how you've been calling and texting me all these time.” Ailia asked.

Oh, well I've been texting you through this app on my phone, but I can call you through pre-paid cards that I've already bought and downloaded onto my phone.”

Ok, Tell me what it is so I can download it too. What is it called?” Ailia asked.

Well, you can pay for it with a card, or Paypal. Do you have any of each??” Hari continued.

I cut all of my cards before I come here. What's Paypal?”

Well, um, I'm on my way right now. Maybe you can check with one of the receptionists and see if you can make international calls through their phone. I'm on my way right now, it's pretty rainy out I don't wanna risk an accident. I'll call you when I get there, don't call me cause I might get distracted. See you there.” Hari said and hung up.

Ailia stood there, bewildered at what her best friend just told her to do. She's not the type of person to go and ask for help. She will take hours to find what she's looking for rather than accepting some aid. Ailia went to line up at the customer service's line and waited to reach the front.

Hello!” Ailia greeted when she finally gets to the front desk.

Hi, how can I help you?” the receptionist asked.

I was just wondering...is it alright if I use one of your phones to make an international call?” Ailia mumbled.

I'm very sorry but our phones won't work for international calls,” the receptionist began. “But there is a convenience store just about 3km from the airport and they sell calling cards. Just walk straight when you get out of the airport and turn right on the first intersection, keep walking and it should be there.” the receptionist detailed the directions.

Oh, okay. Thank you so much!” Ailia appreciated the receptionist and stormed out of the service line to get to the security gate.

Ailia was bending over to pick up her luggages so she can put it on the X-ray machine. All of a sudden, she felt a slap on her behind and was startled at such an act. Ailia straightened her back and turned around to see two guys crossing their arms smirking at her.

What the hell was that for?” Ailia exclaimed, holding onto her bags.

Ooh! We got a feisty one here! What's your name baby?” the guy in a brown leather jacket asked.

My name is leave me the alone or else I'm going to call the cops!” Ailia threatened. She did not want to be obscene but she was trying to act her way out of the situation.

The guy's acquaintance grabbed Ailia's shoulder and turned her toward the exit to the outside of the airport. “See that man there? That's the 'cop' that you can call. But let me tell you, the moment you walk up to him, he's going to ask for 1, money, and 2, you. So, do you want to choose to talk to him and lose both or go with us and maybe just lose one or the other? We know this city more than you do honey, don't try to threaten us.” he chuckled.

Ailia was sweating tremendously for this has never happened to her ever before, guys approaching her and ually harassed her. She took out her phone to dial Hari's number but was snatched by the guy in the brown leather. Ailia stepped back and clutched tightly onto her bag and luggages. She knew she had to play her way through this without flawing it, but at the same time she knew that she cannot flaunt this for she has never dealt with a situation like this ever before.

I...uh...before I make my decision...I, um...I wanna know what your guy's names are?” Ailia stuttered. Her first tactic is trying to be friendly.

Oh look! Feisty is tryna play a game now!” the guy in the brown leather jacket said to his friend. “Well, let's play along. I'm David and my friend here is Michael. What's your name, lovely?”

My name is Mary.” Ailia lied.

You know you shouldn't lie about your identity to your friends!” David said.

I—I'm not lying, that's my name.” Ailia said, trying to keep a calm and straight face.

Well, it certainly does not say Mary's phone on here,” Michael said, exposing Ailia by showing her the screen of her phone which totally isn't allying with her. “Now Ailia, why would you want to keep such a beautiful name away from your friend?”

You guys are not my friend. I do not know you. I don't know what your intentions are but please give me back my phone and we will act like nothing happened. Except the fact that you just ually harassed and someone in authority should give you two some consequences instead.” Ailia demanded.

You know, that personality of yours is just going to get you down. Besides, it's the 21st century! You can get away with anything!” David said and came closer to Ailia.

If you take one more step, I am going to yell and cause a ruckus. Then you two will be jailed.” Ailia tried threatening once more.

Well, we can ask the 'cop' to join in the fun too.” Michael blurted and held Ailia's waist.

Ailia closed her eyes and was prepared to yell for help when a third voice helped her.

Hello gentlemen, what is going on?” the random voice asked.

David and Michael turned around and saw a young guy in a suit staring at them with his hands in pockets. They suddenly stopped their atrocious act and stood tall, head lowered.

Oh, um...Mister Park, we were just waiting for your return,” Michael stuttered. “How was your stay at uh...at...the states?”

It was very nice, except the part when Ana bust into my hotel and saw that I was in bed with another woman. Hmm, I wonder who gave her the address?” Mr. Park questioned, staring at Michael.

She uh...she made me do it sir...she threatened that she will--” David began.

What are you trying to do here then? You're no better than Ana. Trying to make her do something for you, aren't you?” Mr. Park asked.

Well, we were just...We thought it'd be fun messing with someone foreign because apparently she's wearing shorts here, in this weather...” Michael mumbled.

Foreign? I'm sorry that my immune system is better than you and can survive in this weather with my shorts. I'm sorry I did not check the weather first and try to put one something that will not provoke you erts here!” Ailia exclaimed and walked towards the front gate.

Bring my stuff out first. Expect some cuts on your misbehaviors today.” Mr. Park told the two and went after Ailia.

Great job, idiot,” David yelled. “You shouldn't have be beating around the bush telling her all about that cop stuff, trying to make her scared!! We could've gotten her!”

Forget me! That bastard just came in and ed up everything!” Michael exclaimed, holding onto Mr. Park's bag and followed him out of the airport.

Ailia walked to the front door and looked around to see no sight of Hari anywhere. She doesn't want to take the matter longer than it should be and really wanted to know what is happening to Sunna so she decided to walk in the rain towards the direction that the receptionist told her where the convenience store would be.

Excuse me, miss!” a voice yelled over Ailia's shoulder. She looked around to see Mr. Park running at her.

Hey, uh, excuse me for my employee's misbehaving actions. Is there a way for me to compensate for their acts in misconducting your ego?” Mister Park asked. “I'm Jay by the way, Jay Park.”

Alright Jay,” Ailia stopped and turn around. “I do not know what you mean by 'compensating' for their wrongful act. They touched me somewhere they should not have and this is called ual harassment if you do not know, by the way. I am not a e. I do not want your money so I can hush up. You can consider yourself and your crew there lucky because yes I am foreign to this country. I am in a hurry, please stop trying to stop me.” Ailia said extremely annoyed at everyone.

I'll give you a ride as a compensation. It's not much but it is today. You don't want walking in a rainy weather like today. There's wind coming from the north so you can barely see while walking, which will cause an accident because the roads here aren't so smooth and wide like how they are in the states. You can consider yourself lucky today.” Jay offered.

Look here Jay, I would love a ride from you, but I cannot trust sitting with you and your boys at the back always prancing for a chance to touch me any ways possible. As I've stated before, I am not a e and I will not trust people who just ually harassed me to give me a ride anywhere. Good-night.” Ailia said, smiled with her eyes squinting from getting the rain to beat her sight.

Look here miss, I'm very well aware that my workers have wronged you and I am just trying to help someone from their misbehaved conducts. You are trying to say that we are rapists and we are not at all like that, well, me in particular. All I'm trying to do is help from the wrongdoings of my workers. All I'm getting back is sass and that is extremely rude.” Jay declared, his gaze changed.

Well, as their boss, you could do a good job in teaching them to not lay hands on others. I guess what kind of jobs you guys are in together. How about you go riding in that car and go somewhere else with less security? Put out flyers perhaps!” Ailia fired.

Oh, you are taking this too far. It was a misunderstanding and you are firing at us with assumptions. Please continue your path and also do me a favor, don't look back because maybe we will really come and '' you! Next time that I see you, expect something worse.” Jay angrily yelled and left to his car.

Hello, Hari, this is Ailia. Meet me at the convenience store 3km away from the airport when you pick up the phone. Thanks, bye.” Ailia slammed her phone. She thought that Jay was such a peculiar person, getting heated just because of a sassy comment.

Ailia! Over here!” Hari yelled when she saw Ailia coming out of the convenience store all drenched up with water from the rain. “God girl, it's cold and raining so hard! Why didn't you wait for me at the airport?”

Sorry, I was just too anxious. So how do you dial this?” Ailia asked, looking at the new wet calling card she just bought.

Wow, I'm amazed you can buy stuff from a Korean store. I guess those online lessons taught you well. Anyways, so you enter the number here...then the code...and then the cell phone number.” Hari directed.

Ailia followed Hari's instructions and finally heard Sunna's phone line ringing. Ailia puts the phone on speaker so Hari can know what was going on too while on the ride. After about ten seconds, someone picked up the phone. But the person wasn't Sunna.

Hello,” a deep, male voice answered. “Who is this?”

No, who is this?!” Ailia yelled onto the phone.

Uh, this is Jack Johnson, Kaxy's manager. Kaxy's currently with a client right now, anything I can help you with?” Jack answered the phone.

Jack? Why the hell did you pick up Sunna's phone? Where the is Sunna? What the hell did you do to her? Who the hell is Kaxy?”

Oh, haha, wow, it's Ailia! Well, she must have not told you that too. Uh, hehe, m'dear, how did you even raise your sister? By telling her to keep secrets away from you?” Jack chuckled. “She gave you a grand, and gave your mom four grand to repay her debts. Now she's working for me to earn me back all of my money. She wanted it to be quick so...that makes me her pimp now.”

What?!” Ailia and Hari yelled.

Within a second, Ailia's phone flew at the window and hit the car top to bottom. Hari's head smacked onto the steerer, and Ailia bumped her head onto the windows. Cars' sirens were from all around the corner and many screeches could be heard from both directions of the parking's exit. Hari just crashed into another person's car.

Damn! , why the ?!” Hari yelled, clutching onto her temple and walked out of the car to see the damage.

Ailia searched for her phone below her seat. When she found it, the screens were cracked and colors were distorted. She was angry at whomever just drove so carelessly. She held onto her cramped neck and walk out of the car with her cracked phone.

Hari! Are you alright? Who did this?! Who was the bastard that crashed into us?!” Ailia shouted.

Ailia saw Hari standing fixed in one spot staring with open, eyes wide at something across her. She followed Hari's eyes and looked to see who crashed into the car. The man walked out from the brightness of the cars from behind, clutching onto his neck.

Ailia raised her hand to cover the blinding lights. Her eyes widened, jaw dropped and sweats pouring down her temple, blending in with the water remaining on her face from the rain. The person, the bastard that crashed into Hari's car was Jay Park.

Jay grinned widely at the wet sight.

."Glad to see you again, Ailia." Jay smirked, twisting his neck.