Can't Sleep

Vivid Dream

For those of you interested in the disease Kyungsoo has in this (since I'll never go into FULL detail) but just for some background, you don't have to but, I could share a link to a site I think describes it well. If you want to do it yourself, it's called fatal familial insomnia and I suggest you stay away from wiki and .com websites, look for .edu or .gov or .org even. 

This chapter is longer so if you don't have a lot of time or aren't a fast reader: that's your warning.
 
This is 2 months later, the pair have yet to meet, Kyungsoo moved back in with his family (a neighborhood away from Chanyeol's  school). And Chanyeol is a 17 year old boy...not much happens there xD

 

Authors P.O.V.-

Another morning, the same clicking of heels, the same yelling, the same lateness, the same boy sick of the same schedule. The boy drags himself to class, late notice in hand. He walks to pre-calculus, room 908 on the third floor of his school. He proceeds to hand the slip to his teacher, Mr.Choi. 

"Late again Chanyeol?" Mr.Choi sighs before looking over the notice, "Chased by narwhals?" The class bursts into laughter as Chanyeol smirks all the way to his desk beside the windowsill. Mr. Choi continued, "Don't you hate it when that happens class?"
"Dae!" They all answered in unison (or their attempt at unison).
"Now Chanyeol-Shii, I may not be a science teacher, but I am almost positive that narwhals cannot run, let alone chase you. And I've never seen you swim to school."
 

Chanyeol's P.O.V.-

"Evolution is the damnest thing." I respond with no hesitation in a successful attempt at ending Mr.Choi's sarcasm, enabling him to continue on with the days lesson.

After a fair 20 minutes of paying attention and taking notes I began to doze off. It wasn't quite daydreaming nor was it sleeping. Actually, I wasn't even out of it, just...thinking. About what? Well, I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to, it's like... It was erased from my memory...like it never happened. But I dislike the way I put it... 'like it never happened'... Those words terrify me more than any others...because... I know. One day, I'll die. And it'll be like I never happened. And honestly, I can think of nothing more horrifying than being forgotten. I give myself chills at the thought.
A grueling hour later I limply navigate my way to my footlocker only to be welcomed by a heart-shaped letter stuffed inside. It says to meet them at the café across the street during lunch. Just in time.
 

Kyungsoo's P.O.V.-

Another sleepless night...By now you'd think I'd get used to it but that's not how sleep works. People need sleep. No ones completely sure why, but they know we need it. What happens without sleep? Well mood swings, aggitation, depression, that weird tired type of hyper, and my personal favorite, hallucinations. And you know what, that's only a few days without sleep. I'm on my third MONTH. It's hell. I know I'm only getting worse and it kills me. Literally. According to my mom, my great grandfather suffered from this too, he didn't last long. Ended up committing suicide, couldn't handle the pressure, couldn't take the suffering, so took his own life.

I leave my house and sidle my way to the café near my house. Though I don't have an apitite at the moment, it smells so nice, so...peaceful...soothing almost. It's my addiction, and without  noticing, it entranced me. The sweet yet subtle smell of freshly baked, gooey, cinnamon buns, different types of herbal teas, scones, and my favorite scent of all, a strong whiff of an expresso shot that just appears to almost...fight through the other gentle, delicious, smells and take a leap of faith right into my nostrils, captivating me like the close, heavy, moist exchange of breathes that follows after a sensual kiss. That type of feeling... This scent...it's so extravagant. It charms my senses, and thus, without my consciousness, I have become an addict. But rather than falling victim to drugs or other substances of the like, I've become the willing hostage of this small, retro, café and the reality escape I experience within it. It welcomes me, wraps me in it, gives me it's hospitality and it's comfort. I've been captured by that. With my current state, any reality escape is like a blessing from my God. And I cherish it to the point I may be called crazy. But I know...if anyone was in my shoes, they'd be lucky for a sanctuary such as mine. 
Before I even realize what has happened, my feet had already carried me to the local café, my safe-haven, and I am already seated at my usual table in the far left corner of the shoppe, a little ray of light seeps through the curtains behind me emitting a beautiful lighting from a small window above me to my table. It's oh-so...cozy. I rest my head on the cool bamboo surface of the rounded table at which I am seated and I think of how nice it would be if I could have but one more peaceful rest. Just one. But alas, I am no fool. I know that the night my wish comes true is the last time I shall wish. Thee last time I shall breathe. The last time my heart shall beat... This in mind, now I think... Maybe it's a good thing I can't sleep...
 

Chanyeol's P.O.V.-

I enter the retro looking café where I am soon greeted by a petite 'barbie' with long, healthy, brown hair and a cute yet chic casual outfit. I seat myself across from her and slump against the stool whilst placing the letter on the table between us.

"Did you read it?" she asks, stars filling her eyes. She is beautiful indeed, but her aegyo is too much and comes off as desperate, a major turn-off.
"No." I answer honestly with a solemn tone, only having read the envelope which told me which café she would be.
A distinct frown is displayed across her round face.
"Oppa~" She wines (though I think she's a noona), "You're too much~!"
I give a slight shrug of my shoulders wondering what exactly this girl was expecting from me. A proposal? 
"Well... Will you please date me, ohhhppahhh." she dramatically annunciates whilst pushing her arms out onto the table and squeezing them together. A 'magic trick' to try and make her s look, what, a size bigger? Half a size bigger? But, I've had such little entertainment lately, I shrug a little once more.
"Sure. Why not."
"Yay~!" she swooned into her stool before seating herself in the unoccupied chair beside me, latching herself to my forearm like some type of human leech.
It's only after I lift my gaze that my eyes meet with a pair of unfocused, hazed over, large, eyes with dark bags beneath. His head rest upon the table in front of him. He looks so...blissful. Yet uneasy at the same time. A true wonder that ultimately sparks my interest.
Looks like I won't be as bored as I thought... But...it hurts. My chest....it's...clenching. Just the mere thought of treating this shorter, fair-skinned , dark haired, boy as another toy makes my chest hurt. 
I almost want to console him, lay my head down on that same table across from him, looking into those glazed-over eyes, leaning in just close enough to get but a sweet sample of those plump, chapped lips that would send me to some sort of dream land as well. 
But that scares me. The thought of loosing myself scares me. Almost as much as being forgotten.
I had completely dismissed the fact that this cute girl (my now girlfriend) was even beside me. It wasn't until that monopolizing boy had gotten up and the sound of the shoppe's bell rung that I had even registered where I was. 
The disappointing thing was...I never did catch his name...nor talk to him... The most disappointing thing, however,...was me.
 

 

Hope you guys are liking it so far~ I'll be updating back and forth between updating this story and my other one now that I have a new computer :) Love you, please continue to show support and love <3