It's Been 7 Years.

The Second Hand Kiss

 

I slowly walked to my locker, to get my books.
Looking both ways of the hallways, I quickly made my way to my locker.
I opened it, and grabbed my books. 
"It's a good thing he's not around." I sighed in relief as I closed my locker.
"Omo!" I silently screamed.
My eyes grew wide as I saw him standing there, with a smirk on his face.
I looked down to my feet immediately, and noticed a scratch on my leg.
"I hope he doesn't see that." I said in my head.
He crouched down, and looked at my leg, and looked up to me.
"If you wanted more abuse, you could have just asked." He said with an evil look on his face.
"H-Hoo-" I was suddenly cut off by his action.
He roughly grabbed the flesh on my skin, and grinded it.
"Please, stop!" I exclaimed as I saw blood flowing from his fingers.
I dropped my books, and leaned against my locker, because the pain was getting unbearable.
He let go of my leg, and stood back up.
"See you next time." He gently patted my back, leaving a red stain on my uniform.
I silently scoffed as he walked away.
 
Hoon is my High School bully. He's been, ever since sophomore year, and now I'm a senior, and so is he.
I have scratches, and bruises all over my body, because of him, and I can't tell anyone he does this, because last time I tried telling the principal, he beat me, untill it got to the point where I needed to go to the hospital.
"This really needs to stop." I sighed as I picked up my books and walked to my class I was already late for.
As I got there, I slowly opened the door knob, and opened the door.
I tried my best to not make a sound; but I ended up shutting the door loudly, causing the whole class to stare at me.
"And where were you?" My teacher glared at me.
"I'm sorry, I went to get my text books, but something came up, causing me to be late." I said as I bowed.
"Is that so?" He said.
I nodded, and bit my lip.
"I promise, it won't happen again." I said as I quickly sat on my desk.
"Alright, let's continue with our lesson." My teacher said as he went back to the blackboard, and continued to talk about the lesson he was teaching.
I opened my book, and starting doing my work for the rest of the period.
Time went by, and class was already over. 
I sighed as I put my text books in my backpack, and zipped it up.
"Ah, Chae Soo." Mr. Lee said as he came walking towards my desk.
"What is it, Teacher?" I asked as I put my backpack over my shoulder.
"Your grades are lowering, again. Why is that? You were one of the top students back in freshman year, what happened?" He said, as he caressed his chin.
"I'm just not able to study well." I bluntly said as I put the other strap  of my backpack on.
 
My teacher, Lee Ki Seop is one of the teachers who actually care about his students.
He's a really young teacher, really good looking, and really smart, so girls are always all over him.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't find him attractive, but I'm not one to stop and flirt. 
The class was already empty when I finished putting all my stuff away, and it was only me and Mr. Lee in the class.
It was kinda creepy, because it's never been just us. There are always fangirls around him to stop and talk.
As I made my way to the door way, I tripped on my shoelace, and slammed my face against the door.
"Omo! Are you alright?" Kiseop yelled as he came to me, and helped me up.
"Ow." I said in an aegyo voice.
I always do an aegyo voice, even when I don't realize it.
"Your cheek is a bit red." Mr. Lee said as he tried to hold in his laughter.
"It's alright, I can take care of my self." I said as I stood up.
Mr. Lee scanned my body, and noticed the wound Hoon left behind; which I didn't think of cleaning.
"If you can take care of yourself, why do you have a big cut on your leg?" He smirked as he went to his desk, and brought out a first aid kit.
"Come, I'll take care of it." He said as he motioned me to come.
I looked down, and shook my head.
"It's alright, I'll do it myself as soon as I get home." I said as I quickly walked out of the classroom.
 
(Kiseop's/Mr. Lee's POV;)
I sighed as I put the first aid kit back into the drawer.
"Why does she always refuse my help?" I asked myself.
This isn't the first time I caught an untreated wound on her.
There were times where I saw a wound on her, but never had the chance to treat it for her, because she always rushes out of the classroom once class is over.
I even once offered her a ride back home while I saw her limping her way home. But of course she declined.
"I wonder why she's always injured, and always limping or bleeding." I asked myself.
"Oh, teacher?" One of my students said as she came into my classroom.
"Oh, What is it, Hana?" I said as I stared at her. 
Kwon Ha Na is a sophomore at this school, and she has all the features every guy wanted. She was really attractive, and smart.
"I came to give you this." She blushed as she left a box of chocolates, followed by a letter, and rushed out of my classroom.
"Ah, again?" I sighed.
Hana appears to have a crush on me, but no matter what I do, she comes back.
"Why can't all girls at this school be like Chae Soo, and push me away all the time?" I said aloud.
I looked around widely, not knowing I said that out loud.
I cleared my throat, and got my stuff packed up, and made my way out of the school.
I have plans to meet up with friends.
I may be a 23 year old, but I still dress like a teen, and hang out with friends like one.
 
(Chae Soo's POV;)
I exited the school, and went walking home. 
It was already 5:00, so the sun was already setting.
As I walking through the chilly streets of Seoul, I smelled a delicious scent, and turned my head to the right, and saw a restaurant.
"Eomma wouldn't mind if I had supper here, right?" I asked myself as I quickly went walking towards the restaurant.
It wasn't exactly a restaurant, it was more like a fast food place.
As I entered, I quickly walked to the front to order.
"Hello! What would you like?" The worker there asked.
I looked at the menu, and smiled.
"I'll take a double burger, and a smoothie." I smiled.
"Right away. You're Order 16" The worked smiled as she turned around to take my order.
I nodded, and went to a table to wait for my order, and sat down.
I took out my cellphone, and sighed, as I looked at my cellphone contacts.
"Only my mom, dad, sisters, and jade. I wish I had friends." I sighed.
I don't have any friends, because I'm always too busy cleaning and taking care of my wounds caused by Hoon.
"Order 16!" The worker called out.
I quickly stood up, and started walking back to the counter, still looking at my phone.
As I turned off my phone, and put into my pocket, I slammed into a person.
"I'm so sorry!" I apologized to the tall figure that wasn't facing me.
"I'll pay for whatever broke!" I said.
"You're still the same." The person said, in a chuckling tone.
"Mwo?" I said.
"It's been awhile, Park Chae Soo." He said as he turned around to face me.
My eyes grew wide, that it felt like they were about to pop out of my eye sockets.
"J-Jaeseop?" I exclaimed.
He smiled widely as he glanced at me.
"Oppa!" I squealed as I wrapped my arms around his neck, and hugged him tightly.
He chuckled and nuzzled his chin on my neck, and held my waist tightly.
We stood like that for about 5 minutes. 
It was quiet, but we both hugged out our feelings.
It felt like we were a couple hugging. 
As we let go, I smiled at him.
"I missed you so much!" I broke the silence.
"I did too!" He exclaimed.
"How long has it been?" I asked.
"I'm not quite sure, all I know is you've gotten shorter." He chuckled.
I was always taller than him when we were younger, even if he was older.
"Jo-gee, are you going to take your food?" The worker asked, pointing at my tray.
"O-oh, yes!" I said.
I quickly grabbed my food, and sat with him on a table.
"Oppa, since when did you come back to Seoul?" I asked.
"I just got back yesterday, actually." He smiled.
 
Kim Jaeseop was my childhood friend. He used to keep me from getting hurt, and kept bullies away from me. 
He was my older sisters friend first, but as soon as he met me, he sort of stopped talking to Trina; even if we had a gap in our age difference. 
But the sad thing is, is that when he turned 15, he had to move to America to study.
And at the time, I developed a crush on him, so I was left broken hearted both ways. From a best friend, and from a first crush.
 
"It's been seven years." He said.
"Seven years, and you haven't even called, did you forget me that easily?" I joked.
He had a serious look on his face as he stared at me.
"I never had one day where I didn't think about you. I never called, or wrote, or chatted with you online, because I was always busy studying, and attending classes." He said.
I gulped loudly, as I cleared my throat.
"A-ah, really?" I smiled nervously as I straightened my bangs.
"You still do that cute thing." He said as he began chuckling.
I looked at him confused.
"What cute thing?" I asked.
"Whenever you're nervous, you straighten your bangs." He laughed.
I pouted, and looked down, knowing he was right.
"Hey, I'm about to go see a movie with a few friends, do you want to come?" He asked.
My eyes widened with excitement as I quickly nodded.
"Yes." I smiled.
"Well, let's leave as soon as you finish your food." He said.
I nodded, and stuffed my burger in my mouth, like a chipmunk does with nuts.
"Take it easy." Jaeseop said as he started laughing loudly.
"Mwo?" I said with a funny voice, caused by the food in my mouth.
 
(Jaeseop's POV;)
I laughed at her loudly as she kept stuffing her face like a chipmunk.
I really haven't laughed this hard since the times I've been with her, and it feels so good to be with her again. 
I never had the chance to ever tell her, but I've loved her ever since the first time I saw her.
I thought it was just puppy love, but as time, and our relationship grew, I started to love her. 
And just seeing her, at the very moment makes my heart beat so fast. It makes me want to just kiss her, despite being full right now.
"Oppa, I'm finished!" She balled up her fists, and sipped her smoothie.
She grew pretty, that's for sure.
Her hair was long, and naturally curly. 
And her style was really cute. 
 As she stood up, she grabbed her backpack, and fixed her baggy sweater.
"Backpack? Is she still in high school?" I asked myself in my head.
"Let's go." She held out her hand.
I placed my palm over it, and stood up.
She quickly linked her arm with mine, and held me close.
I smiled at this position and we both walked out of the restaurant.
 
(Chae Soo's POV;)
I held his arm tightly, as we went walking down the street.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"We're going to go meet a few of my friends." He smiled.
"Ah, okay." I smiled as we continued to walk, to where ever he was taking me.
We were walking up a hill, and we were suddenly going through a dark path in the park.
"O-Oppa?" I let out.
He stopped, and looked at me.
"What is it?" He asked.
I looked down, and bit my lip.
"It's dark, and I'm a little scared." I said.
He looked at me, and chuckled.
"Araseo, you want me to hold you like this?" He said as he put his arm around my waist.
I looked at him, and nodded.
"I feel much safer in your arms." I giggled.
He looked down, and blushed with a smile.
As we kept walking, we ended up at the Cinema.
I looked at the path we went through, and looked at the road.
"We could have walking through the road!" I scolded Jaeseop.
"I knew you'd be scared, so I wanted to go through the scary path, so I could hold you." He smirked.
"Yah!" I laughed, as I tore his arm away from my waste.
We walked to the cinema, and stood outside there.
"They should be here soon." Jaeseop said as he looked around.
"They have to, I'm getting cold." I said as I buttoned my uniform jacket.
"It's fall, and you're wearing nothing over that blazer?" Jaeseop scoffed.
"I didn't realize I'd be walking alot today." I laughed.
"Araseo." He smiled.
He scanned my body, and noticed the dried up wound on my leg.
"Wh-what's that?" He exclaimed, as he pointed at my leg.
I quickly looked at my leg, and looked at my wound.
"It's nothing." I smiled, hoping he would leave it as 'nothing.'
"No it's not." He said. "Here, I have a few band aids in my pocket, let me take care of it." He said as he crouched down, and peeled the dry blood off.
All my scars are covered by BB creams, foundations, and cover ups, so it won't show.
"I don't have any anti-bacterial wipes or alcohol wipes, so I'm going to have to use my saliva." He said.
I looked at him as he wet his hand with his saliva.
 
~Flashback~
"Oppa, it hurts so bad!" I exclaimed.
"Yah, don't move!" Jaeseop said as he wet his finger, and cleaned my cut with his saliva.
"Oppa, I don't want your spit on my oo!" I pouted.
"I'm using my love to clean your wound." He said as he kissed my cut, and placed a band-aid on it.
"Oppa, your spit is your love?" I said, sounding amused.
He only laughed, and pushed my forehead back with his index finger.
"Thank you, Oppa." I smiled.
"Whenever you get hurt, I'll kiss your wounds, so it'll heal faster." He smiled.
I nodded, as I kissed his old scar on his arm.
"I'll kiss your wounds, too." I smiled.
~End Of Flashback~
 
"Y-yah! Chae Soo, why do you have so many scars?!" Jaeseop yelled as he pointed at the scars that he uncovered.
"O-Oppa, I-" 
"Hey, Jaeseop!" A guys voice out of nowhere appeared.
"Oh! Who's this?" A high pitched voice said.
I didn't care who it was, My eyes were still on Jaeseops.
Jaeseop quickly stood up, and hugged me tightly, and breathed heavily on my shoulder.
"Jaeseop! Yo!" Another voice said.
We both quickly turned around, but I stared at the ground.
"Who's this?" A voice said.
I didn't want to look at those people, I was too hurt by Jaeseops reaction of my scars. 
"T-This is Park Chae Soo, my childhood friend." He stuttered a bit.
I looked up to gaze at the new people. 
As I stared at them, my eyes grew wide as I saw one familiar face in the group.
*I quickly let go of Jaeseop, and ran as fast as I could away from them, and ran down the hill.
I kept running and running, because the sight of Hoon just makes me want to run away forever, but sadly, I can't.*
 
I looked at Hoon widely as he did the same.
"H-Hello." I stuttered.