I'd Be A Punk (If my mom would let me)

Teenage Kicks

Pairing: Baekhyun/Chanyeol

WC: 1k words

Summary: in which two kids go to war to fight a giant. "Fee-fifo-fum!"


Okay. so he lost. Fine, whatever.

Okay. so he had to give up all of their marbles to Joonie hyung. 

But that certainly does not justify what Chanyeol did to him just now... right?

Chanyeol had the right to be mad at him, though. The loss of his big precious shiny blue marble that he loved so dearly really tipped him off. There's no way to get it back now. A bet is a bet and Joonie hyung (not so) secretly had been eyeing that blue marble for a long long time, so...

Chanyeol had said, glaring down at his much little friend. “Baek, you stupid! How could you lose to Joonie hyung?!"

Okay. He was so very angry. Baekhyun cowered. An angry Chanyeol is so terrifying, reminding him that Giant from Jack and Beanstalk story his dad used to pretend to be, chasing him at nights just so he would go to bed early. 

The giant was very big and looked very fearsome, like Chanyeol. He peeked at Chanyeol through his fallen bangs. His eyes glazed with tears waiting to fall. "I'm sorry, Yeollie..."

"You're such a loser! I hate you!" Chanyeol shouted then. He stomped his feet in annoyance and pushed forward leaving Baekhyun toppled to the ground.

-

Hours later, Kyungsoo finds Baekhyun sitting on one of the swings at the park by himself. Great. This kid. His mom flipped and turned the neighboorhood searching for him, he still has the nerve to play around. What a waste of time, he puffs his cheeks. Kyungsoo was at home, playing his new playstation game when Baekhyun's mom called his mom telling her that his son gone missing since this morning. Guess what's that lead to? He's out to search for him too because "You're his bestfriend, Kyungsoo. You know where to find him."

"Yah Baekhyun! what are you doing here?" Kyungsoo nudges his shoulder. No reaction. "Go home already!" Nudges again, still no reaction.

Typical Baekhyun, not ever listening to anyone. EVER.

"Whatever, i'm leaving."

When he's about to leave, he sees his bestfriend's shoulders tremble. Is Baekhyun.. Crying? He rounds the swing to take a better look at his bestfriend.

A pale and tears-soaked face greets the doe-eyed boy. Kyungsoo scrunches his face in half confusion, half disgust (Ssh! Crying Baek is really ugly.)

Kyungsoo kneels in front of him, he takes Baekhyun's face within both hands, turning it right and left to inspect what's happening with him. "Why are you crying, you dumbo?"

"He.." hiccups, "He.." snorts.

Baekhyun only wails louder.

"he.. he.. hE SAID HE HATE MEEEEE~"

Kyungsoo pats the crying boy's head, an honest attempt to comfort him. "There there..."

"he cALLED ME A LOSER, SOoOo!!!!"

Hearing this, Kyungsoo's eyes grow larger than the usual. He, out of reflex, smushes Baekhyun's face. "WHO SAID WHAT?!"

Baekhyun looks up at him. "My new friend?" Talking with a contorted face is such a hardwork to do.

Kyungsoo seethes, anger bubbling up inside him. "Ya ya ya!" He shoots up right while pulling Baekhyun's hand, making him copy his movement.

Then, Kyungsoo drags him out of the park. The sun about to set and if they're not back home in any minute, the moms would start a panic riot. Kyungsoo wont have any of that since there's a bigger problem lay upon him now. "Tomorrow, show me who he is. I will punch his face for calling you a loser."

Baekhyun smiles, wiping his snot and tears with his free hand. "Okay..."

"Only me can call you a loser!"

-

The two minions now standing right in front of the gate, the next day. Baekhyun scans the park.

"There he is!" He tugs Kyungsoo sleeve with one hand while the other points to the farthest spot.

Squinting his eyes, Kyungsoo can make out some people though. He sees Jongin with Sehun in the sandbox. And, he thinks, Jongdae and Yixing up on the slide. The rest is too far to be seen.

"Yixing hyung?" He asks.

"No!!" Baekhyun gawks, tugging Kyungsoo to start walking. "I'll show you."

When they reach the playground area, Kyungsoo walks faster. He cannot wait to confront this bad kid.

"Kyungsoo-yah!" A voice calling his name got Kyungsoo turning his head.

He waves excitedly at the person, ignoring the constant tugs on his shirt hem. "Stop it, Baekhyun!"

"That's him!" He whispers, "Chanyeol called me a loser!"

Kyungsoo turns his head back to Baekhyun, surprised. "Chanyeol?!" Baekhyun nods.

Now this is different. Baek knows Chanyeol? Chanyeol knows Baek?

He doesn't get to think much more though, as the taller boy's approaching the two of them.

Kyungsoo strides forward, meeting Chanyeol midway. "You!" Gritting his teeth, Kyungsoo tilts his head up challenging Chanyeol's confused gaze.

From this angle, Chanyeol looks so...... big. He gulps as inconspicuously as possible all the while a finger flies up to point at his chest.

"What did you do to Baek?!"

Chanyeol looks down at him, shifting his eyes to terrified Baekhyun, then back to Kyungsoo again.

"Nothing?"

He makes faces at this. "You called him a loser!" He yells at his other bestfriend, who surprisingly knows his bestfriend. "How did you know him though?"

"We met... yesterday?" Chanyeol replies unsurely.

"Still..." He clears his throat, realizing how awkward this turn of event is. "NO ONE CALLED BAEK A LOSER BUT ME, YOU IDIOT!"

"He lost my blue marble, Soo!"

Kyungsoo steps on his foot, twice, venting out his frustration. He swears he has the dumbest dumb of besfriends for one, not letting him know that they know each other. Two, who cares about that ty blue marble anyway.

"AISSH OKAY! OKAY!" He screams, "Baekhyun, i'm sorry for calling you a loser..." Chanyeol bites his lip, suppressing the pain in his left foot.

Baekhyun nods, smiling. "Okay, Yeol..."

Kyungsoo grins at his two mishap looking friends. " Come on, let's go to my house," He says, finally satisified that the problem's now settled once and for all. "Dad bought me a new game yesterday!"