1.

The Benevolent Killer

 

1. 

His silhouette loomed in the darkness of the night as he crept stealthily into the deserted alley. Walking right in front of him was a hooded figure-- His target for the night. Silently reaching into his pockets, he pulled out a deadly piece of metal. Despite its coldness, it was smooth and sleek under his touch, causing sinister sneer to creep up his face. 

 

He aimed through the scope. A little more to the right… Ah, yes, I got it. 

 

"Bang." He said, his voice devoid of all emotions. 

 

The fiery shot blasted through the eerie quietness of the alley, followed by an agonizing wail. 

 

30 seconds later, the calamity of the night was restored. 

 

The killer let out a low chuckle. That's 3 of them down, 7 more to go. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(3 months ago)

 

"Mama, kill the man, put the pistol on his head, pull the trigger and he is dead..." 

 

He banged his head fervently against the concrete wall in a desperate attempt to stop the spooky chanting inside his head. It had been haunting him for days and he would give anything for the horrible torment to end. 

 

"Hey, hey hey, don't kill yourself," the voice in his head said, "You are The Chosen One." 

 

For that moment, time stopped. 

 

"Who the f*** are you?" He roared, his head throbbing. Although the chants had been pretty melodious, it was definitely not the ideal situation for someone who would like to maintain his sanity. 

 

The f*** with the chosen one. 

 

"Me? You don't have to know my identity. Anyway, my name is Taeyeon." 

 

He had to roll his eyes at that one. The contradiction in Taeyeon's previous statement was to glaring to be unnoticed. 

 

"You are The Chosen One. I'm sure you have the passion to work for justice. Therefore, I want you to kill 10 evil men. They are the ones who will ruin the society someday. They are sinners, and they are not to be forgiven! They deserved to be punished and burn in hell! Police, the f*** with the police! They're all a bunch of incapable cowards!" 

 

"It's up to you, my boy, to kill them all and restore justice!" 

 

Swallowing hard, He nodded his head. He was The Chosen One, and he wasn't going to let this prestigious name go down the drain. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is the third killing case of this month," the head policeman of the police station announced, rubbing his temples. "We have to track down this serial killer as soon as possible, it's alarmingly dangerous to have him lurking in the night and killing innocent people."

 

Kris furrowed his eyebrows. That killer was a serious psychopath. He paid close attention to the head police as the head police analyzed the pieces of information regarding the victims. He wanted to uphold justice. He wanted to seek revenge for the innocent victims. As he stared at photographs of the murder scenes, something clicked in his mind. 

 

"Hey sir," he called out, "All of these victim have been shot to death. Judging from their wounds, they seem to be killed by just 1 fatal shot. I'm guessing that the killer is an outstanding sniper, therefore, we should pay extra caution during investigation to prevent losing our men." 

 

The head policeman stared at the photographs intently. After some time, a broad smile formed on his shrewd face. Patting Kris on the shoulder, he commended, "Good job, young lad! Keep up the spirit!" 

 

Kris couldn't help but to beam, determination to track down the serial killer rising in his chest.