Part Six - Ink

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol settled nicely into his new household, slowly but surely he found his feet again. Going to school, and picking up the hobbies of a normal male his age. After a month or two however, his mood started to drop and his new adoptive parents had no idea why. They were kind to Chanyeol, and he wasn't having any trouble at school. He played guitar now, and music often tumbled out under his door. But soon, it was replaced by nothing but silence, and the very worried two knew they had to intervene.

A short knock on his door and a seat on the edge of his bed, Chanyeol's umma bit her lip as she looked over her new found son; sprawled across his bed in a draped star, eyes blankly staring at the ceiling. Her grip tightened on the sheets beneath her.

"Chanyeol-ah... Don't lie to me. Are you okay?" The charred boy lightly shook his head and she nodded in understanding, still treading lightly with her words.
"What's wrong? Would you like to talk about it."

Chanyeol let out a sigh to that, brows furrowing in thought before he nodded, eyes falling closed. He wanted to talk about it, but did he trust her? Chanyeol decided he did.
"I miss him umma..." He had mused quietly, watching the back of his eyelids because it was more comforting than the cracked paint of his ceiling. More familiar.
"Who sweetie?"
"Kai... Did I tell you about him? My friend from the hospital."

Chanyeol's mother let out a small noise of understanding then, remembering the specified male now he'd been mentioned. "Well why don't you go visit him? You can any time, you just have to ask..."
"But he'll have been released by now, I don't know where he lives! He might not even be in Seoul anymore umma." The elder lady tutted.
"Well I'm sure the hospital receptionist will be happy to give you his address, and if he's particularly far away you can always write him letters until you can meet up."

The suggestions made Chanyeol's lips twinge, he hadn't considered those options, and both deemed very plausible. His mother saw his half smile though and lent down to give the teen a thoughtful hug. "After school tomorrow, why don't you swing past the hospital and pick up his address. We can work from there."
"Thank you umma..."
"No problem, but just remember Chanyeol." She gave a soft smile, pressing a kiss to Chanyeol's forehead. "A problem shared, is a problem halved. Don't be afraid to talk to us, okay?"
"Okay."

---

The next day, Chanyeol was nervous as he crept into the hospital, clutching the strap of his guitar case as he headed to the counter. He returned a few smiles he gained, some the staff even greeted him, and he made sure to do the same as he waltzed up to the receptionist.

"Chanyeol! It's been awhile! What can I so for you? You're not hurt right?" The woman started tilting her head as a set of familiar manicured fingers tapped against a floral clipboard. Chanyeol chuckled and smiled.
"I'm fine, thank you Noona. I was just wondering if you could tell me where Kai is? His add-" he was cut off by her laughter.
"Why are you even asking Chanyeol, you know where he is. Same place as always, unless he's causing trouble again." Chanyeol stuttered a bit but bowed anyways.
"Oh.. Umm, thank you."
She nodded and smiled. "No problem."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter