Part Five - Release

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

( sorry this took so long, it's short and crappy... but at least it's something. )

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The days passed quickly. Kai woke with a smile, and Chanyeol ended their day with one. Adventures passed, moments were shared and within a week or two Chanyeol and Kai had caused double the amount of trouble Kai could have done alone in his entire life. Chanyeol perked up a lot, cheering up into a happy virus that was almost weird to look upon considering what Kai had witnessed in his first few days of admission. But depression changed people, he'd learnt it first hand now, and he would have done anything to keep Chanyeol this way.

The other thing that changed, was Kai. Chanyeol didn't think much of it, but his "sessions" were growing a lot more frequent now. "At least he'll be getting better." He had thought, as he spent seemingly day after day waiting for the other to return and awaken.

But now, Kai had a week off from treatment and Chanyeol was about to be released so the friends had sought out a quiet place on the rooftop to talk, watching the cars drive by below as they joked.

"Kai, my face is ugly. Isn't it." Chanyeol had murmured at one point, arms crossed on the balcony and cheek resting atop. Kai had frowned, wheeling forward a little so he could poke at the other's side. "I don't think it is." he had voiced strongly, continuing to poke until the other made eye contact with him.
"But you didn't see it before."
"But I didn't know you before."
"It's not fair." Chanyeol huffed, turning the other way to sulk, Kai just laughed.
"What?"
"You always win our arguments."
"That's cause I'm usually right about these things."
"You're a cheat."
"Am not."
"Are too."
"Chanyeol stop!"

Flailing as the ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter