being a good father

The choi-lee family

The screaming made Minho jump, he looked around but Taemin wasn’t anywhere to be seen. pushing the covers away he ran from the bed to the children room to find his husband on the verge of tears , he looked frustrated and hopeless , their daughter curled in his arm , she was screaming and crying as he gently rocked her trying so bad to calm her down .Their son probably woke from the crying and reacted the same.

Taemin didn’t know what to do, he was mumbling calming word to his hysterical children.

"what's wrong? " Minho asked as he walked into the room

" she was crying , and I don’t know why… I changed her diaper and tried to feed her, but she don’t want to. She just keep on crying"

Minho could see that his husband tried his best not to fall apart even when he was edgy and restless "let me" he said and took their little daughter from his arms "try to calm Taewoo"

The younger just nod and lift their son from his bed, rocking him gently from side to side , putting the pacifier in his mouth , the little baby almost calm immediately , his small hand hang on Taemin shirt and he hugged him close to him , tear escaped from his eyes and he hurried to wipe it away , he can be a good father , can he ?

"she's burning with fever "  Minho said as he put his hand on her forehead "we need to take her to the clinic . Call Gwiboon, ask her if she can come babysitting Taewoo "

Taemin nod and went to get his phone.

" shhh sweetie , don’t cry " Minho tried his luck " daddy is here " 

When Taemin got back he looked at Minho with a frown "there is no answer"

Minho inhaled deeply " …I'll take her , you'll stay here with Taewoo"  he didn’t waited for Taemin's answer "where is her coat ? "

"in the closet" the younger said and joined his husband in help . 

After getting dressed quickly Minho was on his way out, leaving Taemin with sleepy Taewoo

 

It seems like eternity .Taemin has been waited for hours for his husband to return , he tried to call twice but got to the answering Machine , he assumed that he couldn’t answer , that he was busy , and tried to stay calm but he was worried and he felt so helpless.

Taewoo fall asleep , and the house was quiet , he walked around trying to occupied himself until Minho come back , and eventually fell asleep on the bed with his phone in his hand.

 

Minho opened the door quietly , hoped that Minji won't woke up when he put her back in bed . It was almost 4 o'clock in the morning and he was tired.

When he got to the bedroom he found Taemin sleeping on the bed, curling into himself, freezing, his phone was in his hand and he held it tight.

Smiling he set the covers on his little body and fished the phone from his hand. Taemin opened his eyes "your back !"  he said and straighten his body, looking at his husband getting into his pajamas "hmm "

" how is my Minji ?" he asked worriedly

Minho got in to bed and spooned Taemin , putting a small kiss on his nape

" she is fine , the doctor said it's an ear infection , he gave her ear drops and something to ease the pain "

" my poor baby " Taemin whispered and rubbed Minho's hands that wrap his tummy " I was so worried "

" I know baby " Minho said and put a kiss on the crown of his hade " I know "

" I'm sorry "

" about what ? "  he frowned

Taemin turn around to face his husband , looking in to his eyes with a teary look " I'm not a perfect father as you are "

" Minnie … there is no such thing as perfect father , there is a good father , and you excellent in that "

" I couldn't help my daughter when she was in pain " a small tear slipped from his eye and Minho wiped it away , kissing his forehead "baby , don’t ever think that you're not a good father , we learning step by step how to raise them and we doing it together , teaching each other "

"sometimes I think that if I was the real-"

" you are their father as much as I do " Minho gushed into his words angrily

"you are their father Minnie , I don’t want to hear does kind of things , a small biological thing doesn't prevents you from being a good parent . you love them and take care of them as much as I do ! do you understand that ?"

Taemin nod and sniffed

"I love you baby , don’t ever forget that " Minho's words whispered into his ears as he pulled him even closer to him , he could feel his body relaxing and drifting in to sleep .