War

My Multiple Choice Life

"Ok. Spear and shield for Yuri. Giant sword and multiple large knives for Yoona. Camera flashlight for Taeyeon. And pole for Sooyoung." Hyoyeon announced and handled the respective weapons to everyone.

 

 

"Oh gawd this is real..." Yuri shivered as she touched the spear. 

 

 

"Did you steal this from the school's kitchen?" Yoona asked curiously as she her knives. "They smell fishy. Literally."

 

 

"Why do I get a pole?!" I asked, half shock, half confused. 

 

 

"My dear stick, isn't it obvious? You are going to seduce our opponents before the rest of us do the finishing blows." Hyoyeon cackled and patted me on the back.

 

 

"But seriously, where did you even get this sphere from?"

 

 

"Black market?" Hyoyeon winked.

 

 

"Remind me never to get into your bad books." Yuri shivered.

 

 

"Although... Is this really necessary?" I asked.

 

 

"Ya wanna die then?" Hyoyeon held up a fist right in front of my poor face.

 

 

"Ok! Ok! I get it!" I yelped and took a step back.

 

 

"Good." Hyoyeon gave us an excited grin. "Let's get this party started!"

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

Location: School stadium (War location)

 

 

"WOOOOOOH"

 

 

"Gawd, did 1-A invited the whole school to watch the war? They sure are confident." Yoona said in awe as we were nearing the stadium. The crowd was deafening loud. 

 

 

Super. Super. Scary. I really hope 1-A are not in possession of guns. If not, instant death. 

 

 

"I love you Umma and Appa and my Unnie!" I shouted.

 

 

"You crazy?" Hyoyeon lifted one eyebrow.

 

 

"I'm scared that I might not be able to go home today."

 

 

"Stick, we ARE going to win. It's not an option." Hyoyeon said confidently.

 

 

"Yeah. But technically, 1-A are smarter since they're in A class while we are the dumbest since we are in the last class, F..." I pouted and held onto the long pole tighter.

 

 

Me. Pole. Dance. Over my dead body. So I supposed we 1-F will die quick since I can't distract the stalker Seohyun and the others.

 

 

"And... WELCOMING 1-F!" I heard a loud voice announcing our presence. Following Hyoyeon, the other 4 of us walked into the stadium.

 

 

And saw what class 1-A had as weapons.

 

 

We all gasped.

 

 

And dropped our weapons. Except Yuri's shield since it's stuck to her hand but yeah you get the picture.

 

 

What were we expecting? Swords? Spheres? Even guns? So underestimating class A.

 

 

Obviously they were using computers. Most likey having those robot thingy under their control so that they won't even have to fight themselves.

 

 

We were so dead.

 

 

"..."

 

 

The crowd was silent. 

 

 

Oh gawd. We really are screwed aren't we?

 

 

"Sooyoungie? Hyo? " Sunny came running towards us with her worried face.

 

 

"Yeah? We're pretty screwed right?" I asked Sunny.

 

 

"Not really. What I want to ask is why are you carrying such strange... Are those real knives holy-" Sunny gasped in shock as she touched the knives that were on the floor.

 

 

"Why not? It's a war...?" 

 

 

Sunny smacked herself in the face. "Dang. You guys really took it literally..."

 

 

"Hyoyeon told us so!" The 4 of us pointed at Hyoyeon with innocent expressions.

 

 

"Ughhh you guys... By war, 1-A meant like battling against test scores. You know academics?"

 

 

"Like math?" Yoona confirmed with Sunny.

 

 

"Math, Science, History, English, etc." Sunny sighed.

 

 

"Ooooh." I heaved a sigh of relief. "So I guess this means that I don't have to pole dance."

 

 

"What pole dance?!"

 

 

"Nothing!" I squeaked when I saw Sunny looking at me with those scary eyes. Like she wants to eat me up.

 

 

"Quickly clear those weapons before all of you get expelled!" Sunny whispered harshly.

 

 

Our limbs moved in the speed of light and the field was once again green.

 

 

"Heheheh. Peace?" Hyoyeon held out a peace sign and grinned at the 5 students from 1-A who were shivering.

 

 

I guess the computer is for the questions then.

 

 

Right...

 

 

I guess we are still pretty screwed.

 

 

"HEY GUYS!" Hyoyeon suddenly shouted. She was facing the audeince, not us, so I guess she's talking to them? "YOU GUYS BETTER PRETEND THAT YOU DID NOT SEE ANYTHING SCARY. OR ELSE I'LL SHOW YOU SCARY!"

 

 

Damn she's scary.

 

 

The field went cricket quiet.

 

 

"NEH HYOYEON SSI. WE SAW NOTHING." The crowd roared back.

 

 

I wouldn't even be surprised if Hyoyeon has a gang...

 

 

"Ok. Now let's began the war!" Sunny clapped her hands in an attempt to make the dead mood more lively.

 

 

"Yayyyy." I clapped along with my monotone voice.

 

 

"IF YA DON'T START CLAPPING AND CHEERING I'LL SEND MY DOGS ON YOU!"

 

 

"WOOOOH!"

 

 

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap!

 

 

Hyoyeon..... I slowly inched my body away from her. Scary. Way too scary.

 

 

"Ok~ So first up, we have the maths war!"

 

 

"Hmmmm." Leader Hyoyeon placed an index finger on her chin. "Off you go Taeyeon, make us proud!"

 

 

"What?! Are you sure Taeyeon can do it?" I asked increduculously. 

 

 

"She can count butts perfectly fine. She'll be okay." Hyoyeon gave me a thumbs up.

 

 

"NINJA TAE! NINJA TAE!" We chanted as Taeyeon let out a nervous smile.

 

 

"Ok. First question." The mc aka Sunny announced. "One day, a person went to horse racing area. However, instead of counting the number of humans and horses, he counted the number of heads and legs. There were 74 heads and 196 legs.How did he do it, and how many humans and horses are there."

 

 

Taeyeon slammed her fingers onto the buzzer. 

 

 

"Yes?"

 

 

"Why can't the person just count the number of humans and horses? How stupid can this guy be?"

 

 

Seohyun, who was the opponent of Taeyeon pressed the buzzer.

 

 

"Sunny ssam, there are 24 horses and 50 humans."

 

 

"Ting ting ting ting! Seohyun is correct! 1 point to 1-A!"

 

 

"Hey but you didn't even answer my ques-"

 

 

"Next up, Science." Sunny cut Taeyeon.

 

 

"So. Not. Fair." Taeyeon grumbled and left the stage.

 

 

"You guys betetr buckle up. My happiness is at stake. " Hyoyeon warned us.

 

 

"Uhhhh ok." Yoona replied.

 

 

"Ok. Yoona you're up next!" Hyoyeon smiled at the girl.

 

 

Damn is this girl bipolar or something. 1 minute threatening us. The other suddenly happy and smiling. 

 

 

"What causes lightning?" Sunny gave the question to the two, Yoona and Tiffany.

 

 

"Uhhhh. Pew pew the rain?" Yoona answered.

 

 

Tiffany pressed the buzzer. "When air rises and falls within a thunderstorm, positive and negative charges form in the cloud. The bottom of the thundercloud has a negative charge, and the top has a positive charge. A flash of lightning happens when a charge becomes so strong that the air can’t stop it from jumping from the cloud to the ground, which has a positive charge. Lightning can also form inside the cloud, moving between the positively and negatively charged areas. The average flash of lightning could turn on a 100-watt light bulb for more than three months. The air near a lightning strike is hotter than the surface of the Sun." She gave a satisfied smirk as she finished her explanation. 

 

 

Holy crap. So that's how lightning is made...Uber cool!

 

 

Hyoyeon was grumbling as 1-A was awarded another point.

 

 

"Next up, P.E!" Sunny announced.

 

 

"Yuri. You're up!"

 

 

Yuri grinned confidently. "P.E is my forte. No worries."

 

 

"100m sprint let's go!" Sunny shouted as Yuri and some unknown but built student from 1-A was in the stand-by position.

 

 

Honk!

 

 

The horn went off and my eyes bulged open at the speed of Yuri. She is incredibly fast. Like lightning. Like light even.

 

 

“100m sprint over!”

 

 

Yuri grinned as she jogged towards us.

 

 

“1 point to 1-F!”

 

 

“YAYYYY!” Hyoyeon stood up and clapped happily. “Yuri jjang!”

 

 

“Next up, the smelling test!”

 

 

“Stick girl, you’re up.” Hyoyeon pushed me towards the stage and I gulped.

 

 

If I failed, Hyoyeon would have to marry stalker Seohyun and I am so sure that Hyoyeon is going to punch me and let her dogs bite me until there is no tomorrow.

 

 

I have to win.

 

 

I looked over to see my opponent. Oh damn it’s the blonde one. The one who started this whole war. And she looks pretty too. Super pretty.

 

 

Hey hey Choi Sooyoung what are you even thinking?! I knocked my head a few times.

 

 

Remember. Lose to the blonde girl and you’ll die. Huhuhuhuhu.

 

 

“Ok. Now all you have to do is smell what is inside this box and then tell me the answer. The one who is correct, or is closest to the thing inside wins. Easy?”

 

 

Ok…. Let’s smell this box-

 

 

Choose

 

1)It is lemon

 

2)It is lemon

 

 

GAHHH WHAT KIND OF CHOICE IS THIS WHEN IT’S NOT EVEN A REAL CHOICE.

 

 

I quickly sniffed the box.

 

 

Nothing like lemon at all.

 

 

I love you Umma, Appa, Unnie, my puppy, my food at home.

 

 

I took a deep breath and sighed. “Lemon.”

 

 

“Kimchi stew.” Jessica answered.

 

 

“Andddd the object is…  orange juice!” Sunny took out a cup of orange juice. “Since Sooyoungie’s guess is closer to the actual object, 1-F gains another point!!!”

 

 

Oh gawd I won.

 

 

I won.

 

 

Phew.

 

 

This also means that Hyoyeon will decide if she wins or loses.

 

 

I wonder what the next test is…

 

 

“History is the final test!”

 

 

“YAHOO I am so gonna win this!” Hyoyeon shouted excitedly.

 

 

“Unnie, since when were you good in history?” Yoona asked.

 

 

“I just am.” Hyoyeon gave her infamous smirk. “Watch me.”

 

 

“This will be a half an hour test, 100 marks. Go!” Sunny started the stopwatch and the two girls opened the booklet and started their speed scribbling.

 

 

 

-1 hour later-

 

 

“I’ve finish marking and will now announce the result.”

 

 

“Class 1-A…. 85 marks!”

 

 

“We are going to win!” Yoona squealed excitedly as the students from class 1-A was looking devastated.

 

 

“Class 1-F… 55 marks!”

 

 

What.

 

 

“So the winner is 1-A!”

 

 

Oh gawd.

 

 

I stare in horror as I saw Hyoyeon collapsing onto the floor in shock.

 

 

If class 1-A wins… That means…

 

 

Hyoyeon is going to marry stalker Seohyun.