Chapter Three

My Professor and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun had no idea what to feel when she opened her puffy eyes the next morning.

It was that kind of feeling... as if you just woke up from a nightmare and for a moment you felt relieved, only to realize afterwards that you were living in that very dream.

It was your reality, no matter how you wished it wasn't.

And that day, if it wasn't for the fact that she'd be having her salary cut if she skipped work again, she would want to just cry herself to sleep again.

Kim Jongin is getting out of her life for good, she knew, even if he said he'd still be a friend. He wouldn't wait for her after work again, he wouldn't ask her out on Saturday night again, and there would be no more roses and chocolates on anniversaries, birthdays, and Valentines... which still warmed her heart even after years.

She would never be able to hold hands with him anymore.

They're over.

She sat up and looked at the still-gray-sky outside, huffing a sigh. Something inside her felt bereft, empty. And when she finally stood up and her eyes fell onto a pile of red fabric draped over a chair, she could only smile sadly.

It was the couple jacket Kai gave her just two weeks ago, for a belated birthday present. She hadn't even managed to wear it together with him because she cancelled their date last week, since she had to finish an assignment by Monday.

Not to mention the both of them were totally busy with their own studies so in fact, their relationship was deteriorating. Yes, she saw it coming alright, but not this fast...

After letting the cold water cool her head in the shower—even if she hasn't recovered fully from the fever, it helped her to think more clearly—Sohyun changed into her uniform and applied a lot of powder near her eye area to make her eyes look less puffy. Then, after grabbing the jacket, surprisingly, she went out to her morning shift; her class was in the evening that day.

And the moment she went out from the gate and saw what was going on outside, it hit her.

The world still revolves, everyone was still doing their jobs as usual, and the couples still walked hand in hand... it's only her who changed.

Looking at how lifeless she was while walking, one would be surprised how she managed to avoid bumping into people again. But well, work is work, and she couldn't leave Hyuna alone. Not to mention that the moment Sohyun entered the cafe, she couldn't help but notice the scowl Hyuna has on her face.

"Eonni, what happened? Was someone bothering you this early in the morning?"

"Ah, you're already here, Sohyun? Aniya. It's just…" Hyuna huffed. "Yesterday our arrogant CEO decided to have a surprise visit here, and I'm alone without you and Mr. Chen. Perfect timing." She rolled her eyes.

"Eh?" Sohyun exclaimed. Okay, this is perfect. Way to add more to her guilt of skipping work. Perfect timing, as Hyuna said - she's right. "What happened then?"

And it turned out that with that question, she just made the situation worse, because Hyuna was already chattering without realising that their mentioned CEO just entered the cafe with someone.

"Aigoo. You know how he's like. He scolded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter