Chapter One

My Professor and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sohyun-ah, let's go home. I think it's going to rain again tonight..."

Sohyun let out a soft sigh. It wasn't that she hated rain; she liked it a lot because rain had always brought her a sense of peace. But having to walk home in the rain isn't on her favorite list of things to do, not after a long tiring day.

Paradise Cafe, where she was working, is owned by Wu Enterprise, needless to say, easily one of the biggest Chinese enterprise in Korea branching in so many aspects—the cafe was just one of it, but that doesn't mean they allow their part-time staffs to laze around. And Sohyun wasn't the type to, at least not when she badly needed the money both to live and pay her tuition fees because she was an orphan. Not to mention, she consider herself lucky enough to be able to get a job in such a prestigious cafe.

"Ne, eonni. Let me just finish this one, then we can call it a night and close the cafe." She answered as she cleaned the table, earning a nod from her pretty co-worker who was her classmate, neighbor—their apartment units in a cozy building at the edge of the city were just beside each other's—and also best friend, Kim Hyuna.

If Sohyun was orphaned, Hyuna ran away from home because she was always abused and hit by her father whenever he came home drunk. Her mother died of brain cancer 4 years before, so in the end she chose to run away from her father and live alone. But she was cheerful; a lot more cheerful than Sohyun herself, which made the younger girl wonder.

How could she appear that cheerful when she had such a dark past?

Sohyun couldn't get it.

"What are you daydreaming about, Hyunnie?" Hyuna asked, noticing the blank look Sohyun gave her. "Ah... aniya." was Sohyun's shy answer, and she went back to cleaning.

"Will Kai Oppa be coming again tonight?" She asked again, and that made Sohyun sigh—again. Yes, she had been going steady with her boyfriend of four years, Kim Jongin. And yes, he was that smart, cheerful, charming, vice-president of the IT student organization-plus-lab-assistant in their university. And he loved her. Could she get more luckier? No, not really.

But somehow, she had a bad feeling about that day... as if something big was about to happen. And she didn't like it.

"I don't know, he hasn't called me yet." She said, pulling her phone out with a small frown. Nothing. Not a text, not a missed call, not a chat message. Nothing has been there ever since they did their daily routines of saying goodnight—and that was more than 18 hours ago.

Something might be wrong, something inside her said, but she just ignored it. Or at least tried to. What could go wrong? He's probably just busy.

Yes, Kwon Sohyun, you are just being paranoid.

She just shook her head and slipped her phone back to her pocket—only for her to pull it out again when she heard the familiar tone. 

'Whenever you look in my eyes, there are so many smiles and tears.'

[Calling: Kai-Oppa]

'I was born to love, feel so deep inside. If you need me I'll be your man---'

"Ne, oppa?"

"S-S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter