Chapter Two

My Professor and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung, I'm already in your office." Suho's white 5" touch screen phone was held to his ear by his right hand, while the male himself had just closed the door behind him after the secretary ushered him inside and told him to wait. The atmosphere was classy, everything were tidy and in place, the tables are shiny and the couches seemingly comfortable to sit on—befitting the male who owned the office, really, who was none other than the 'Dragon of Asia', the young CEO of Wu Enterprise, Wu Yifan.

And Kris, since Yifan preferred to be called that, doesn't go for anything less.

"Arasseo. I'll get there as soon as my meeting's done. Give me a few minutes." came his answer on the phone with a calm, composed and almost emotionless tone. Suho couldn't help but shook his head and smiled wryly at how expected the answer was because he was in a meeting—always so formal and trite, this friend of his. But it's no wonder. When you're a CEO of one of the largest enterprise throughout Asia, even if you're still 23 years old, you would be expected to act as someone in your position would.

"Easily given."

After hanging up, he sat down on one of the couches in the room and looked around while he was waiting. The environment gave nothing away, as he had expected, though the couch was undeniably cozy enough for him to doze off slightly because Kris took long enough—about fifteen minutes later, the renowned CEO entered the room briskly and half-thrown his laptop bag to his swiveling chair in a nonchalant manner.

"Mianhae Suho-yah, the meeting took longer than I expected."

"It's alright," the mentioned male said while rubbing his eyes slightly as he watched Kris settling on the couch near the one he sat on.

"So how are you doing now?" Kris asked with a smile—which most people would find surprising coming from him because he's known as a cold city guy. In truth, though, he was really warm to his own circle of friends. EXO, they call themselves, and very little know of this fact of Kris because he maintained the facade well enough. Kindness is weakness, he said, and so far he only trusted EXO enough to show that side of himself.

"Well, as you can see, I'm good. Perfectly fine." Suho smiled brightly, to which Kris rolled his eyes.

"You know that's not what I'm asking. You just came back from Japan and will begin living in South Korea starting today... what are you going to do?"

"I got a job already. Seoul University. I'll be teaching." The tinge of pride in Suho's voice was evident. It wasn't easy to be a professor in what could be said as the best university there is in Seoul—but apparently, Kris disagreed.

"You know, you can always work with me here. Help me with the business and manage one of my branch in Korea or anywhere you want. You'll earn a lot too."

"Hyung, you know I'm not a businessman type. Besides, I love teaching since we were kids. Remember how I always was the one who taught Sehun and Tao? And talking about them... where are they now anyway?"

The shift in topic didn't went past Kris, and he just rolled his eyes knowing he would never get Suho to agree with him on this. "Tao's in China. I sent him there to manage my new branch. Sehun's still in his third year of university, the same with Kai." He answered, his gaze traveling to the window of his office and outside. "Is there someone already, Suho-yah? I mean, you never had a girlfriend. Look how old you are now."

At first, Suho looked at the male CEO with a slight tinge of confusion and wonder. A Wu Yifan being concerned over his love life was rare. He was right though, Suho never had a girlfriend—not because he doesn't have the qualifications, but he had been focused to his studies.

"No. Still single as always." was Suho's answer, accompanied with a smile, to which Kris returned his gaze with a curious look of his own.

"Just how in the world can you answer like that and still smile that way? Do you not want to have a girlfriend?"

"Well, that coming out of a guy who's still single himself is a bit..." Suho chuckled. Kris gave him a death glare, but he wasn't affected even a bit.

"I had a girlfriend when we're in senior high, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah. The one who only lasted for three months before you dumped her because she accidentally poured juice over your shirt?" Suho chuckled even more. Remembering it now, it was downright hilarious.

"Yah. You know it was my favorite shirt! At least I had a girlfriend before, unlike you." Kris answered with an obvious tinge of annoy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter