Transition

LONGING

Janelle Monae P.O.V

There was a smell of fresh peaches mixed with sun and lemon that made me turn into the covers of my bed and dive deeper, trying to immerse myself in the scent.

I wished to stay within the comfort of the delicious smell but I knew that I had been asleep long enough. Sitting up to take in my surroundings I found myself in what appeared to be a hotel room. Allowing for the haze to leave mind I began to wonder throughout the hotel room, soon realizing that the hotel I was staying at must be very luxurious.

The walls seemed to be coated with lights as they changed color and the unique pictures that hung from the walls seemed to be inspired by graffiti artist, giving the room a nice touch of color compared to the immediate color scheme of off whites and mahagony browns. The air was filled with the faint scent of vanilla but more than that it was still; the atmosphere of the room held a sort of calm within it that made me question if I was really in a hotel room.

Giving myself a tour I eventually found the bathroom that was beautifully decorated with black and white tiles with pretty maroon triming gracing their edges. The whole of the rooms seemed to be desgined with modern features and I could say I was a fan of the decorator's style. 

On that note I decided to phone Bruno when I remembered that I was in Korea and might not have the luxury of phoning him as freely as I wanted for the fact that he could be busy as well as the fact that I didn't think my phone would work here anyways.

Sighing to myself I figured my best bet would be to explore where ever I was and try to find any familiar faces, or at least someone that could help me.

Stepping outside the beautiful room I found myself confronted with a hall way that was illuminated by lights and held hundreds of pictures on each of its sides. 

"Now I know this is not a hotel."

Closing the door where I was previously resting I timidly stepped into the hallway and took my time walking down it as I took time to appreciate each picture which on a closer look I realized weren't pictures at all, they were in fact square slots that held beautiful decorative pieces of artwork, mostly pottery.

I had finally reached the end of the hall way with its glowing walls and was guided to make a right as the hall way turned, leading me to come face to face with giant cartoon characters that glowed. In all truthfullness I was amazed at how high tech everything and vaguely wondered about the electricity bill of this building.

Passing the cute cartoon characters I found myself entering a room that left me breathless. A giant robot stood in the corner of this room right next to a wall full of action figures. Walking closer to get a better view I chuckled at the weirdness of my situation.

"How much more lost can I get?"

Before I could fully appreicate the detail of my predicament I heard voices closing in to my location. Sighing in relief I awaited to see who would enter through the door and luckily I didn't have to wait long. The first to enter was an elder Korean man followed by a young looking Korean woman and to my surprise Bruno.

They must not have noticed me because they continued with their business while I stood by the bookshelf of action figures waiting to be recognized, not wanting to disrupt anything.

"Everything is in order for your concert. Here are all the files of our artist, you can go through them and see which ones will be sufficient to open for your concert. We have listed if there are any scheduling conflictions between our artist and your concert to help narrow down your search."

The young woman bestowed onto Bruno a stack of folders and as he kindly thanked her he spotted me and smirking to himself he let out a soft chuckle before carrying on with his imidiate business. 

"Thank you I will be looking at this thoroughly and I wanted to thank you once again for letting my companion rest at your headquaters." With this he directed everyone's attention to me with the extention of his hand and a light smile on his face.

"Yes thank you dearly, I was terribly jetlag."

Taking this opportunity to make my way to Bruno's side, I allowed my lips to show my sincerity. Both of the elder Korean gentleman and the young Korean woman stared at me before their silence was broken by the words of the Korean gentleman that was thus interpreted by the young Korean woman.

"He says that you look like a doll and I can't help but to agree." As they smiled at me I couldn't help but to be taken aback for I did not expect them to say that. In the background I could hear Bruno laughing his agreement.

"Is she going to be performing in your show as well?"

The question was directed at Bruno and so I just awaited his answer.

"But of course! She is the fabulous Janelle Monae after all." Winking down at me I let out a small chuckle and continued smiling.

The elder Korean man spoke again, gaining the agreeance of his younger female companion.

"Since you will be selecting one of our artist to open for your concert we will be keeping in touch, just tell us when you've made you decision. I will escorting you out as well."

Nodding his agreeance Bruno thanked them once again and promised to have his selection ready within two days. With we were escorted towards the elevators that were surrounded with the wall from the matrix with the green writing scrolling down it and I can say that this was the coolest thing I had ever seen.

Once we were free from the building that turned out to be the headquaters of YG, basically a recording label, Bruno informed me of my first task; help him sort through the artist from YG Entertainment that would best match the callibor of his show. I knew this would be a long night seeing as how he gave us a time limit of two days.

..........................................................................................................

3rd POV

It was currently 2 in the morning and Janelle and Bruno had succeed in narrowing down their selection to two candidates after going through a majority of the various artist songs and weighing their musical abilities.

Throughout their stumbling of artist, they found some they really liked and thought were interesting as well as quirky. Each of them were surprised at the quality of the artist within Korean as they wasted time going through a majority of videos. This resulted in them becoming caught up in the fun of learning something completely foreign to them both. However as the day passed and the night made its presence known by exchanging the sun for the moon, Janelle and Bruno realized they needed to keep their mind on task.

They finally narrowed it down to Epik High's Tablo and Tayang from Big Bang. 

The decision of which one was better suited to open for Bruno was evident; however Janelle found herself intrigured by one artist in particular. The music he produced and the lyrical content of his songs deemed him someone Janelle found herself admiring as he rapped and sang of issues that seemed necessary of adressing. Although she preferred to musically associate with Tablo she found herself choosing Taeyang for she knew he was more up Bruno's alley than hers.

With this decision made, she in turn began conversing with Bruno about her conclusion as he entered her hotel room after taking a break for coffee. Sharing what she took into consideration for both artist Janelle concluded her solution onto Bruno and watched as he smiled in agreeance with her logic.

"Yeah he does seem to lean more towards the R&B side of things, who knew Korea had R&B?" Laughing to himself he patted her back while asking a question of his own.

"You like Tablo better don't you?" 

Without hesitation she nodded stating that his lyrical content was closer to her own style and absentmindly mentioned that is she ever were to come back to Korea to preform then she'd want him to open for her.

By now Bruno's interest was piqued as he questioned what songs she heard from this Tablo guy that made her appreciate his musical ability. There was no hesitation within her eyes as she accessed the song that she had grown fond of.

"I like their song Over."

As she pressed play Bruno found himself quesitioning her useage of 'their.'

"Well you see he is in a group called Epik High and this is before he himself was signed to YG Entertainment." Giving a brief description of the knowledge she accumulated by surfing the web and doing research, Bruno stared on impressed as the words penetrated his ears, surprised when he heard perfect english playing from the computer screen.

They sat in silence that was only filled by Epik High's song Over and as the music came to an end Bruno understood why Janelle found herself drawn to them, they relayed a message much like her own.

"So do they not speak Korean or. . .?" With Bruno's question hanging in the air it took Janelle a few seconds to come out of her trance.

"The singer Tablo speaks Korean but he is fluent in english, he was born in the States I believe." Bruno smiled, admiring Janelle's prospect for information, espcially if it was something that caught her attention, which wasn't that easy to do.

Catching sight of a yawn that esaped her lips, Bruno decided that it was time for them to go to bed so they would have the energy to finish up the little tid-bits of information that they still had to do.

Picking out the songs that they felt their selected artist could perform to match that of Bruno as well as contacting YG Ent.to express that they had indeed found the artist of their interest while making sure that everything was going to be in order and scheduling the start of practice as well as when to meet their selected talent. Yeah it was going to be a hassle but they were looking forward to it because collaborating with musicians was something unlike anything experienced in this world. 

They were going to put to the test the saying that music can transcend language barriers, and with that thought in mind they each separated for the night, deciding that rest was their best allie right now. 

............................................................................................................

 

Sorry its short and somewhat dull but the excitement is on its way.

Anywhos forgive me if some parts in here sound like im drugged, they shouldn't but im so tired my head doesn't seem to be working properly. lol

. . .I wonder who all these characters are? Don't worry names will be revealed shorty! :)

Should have this updated within the next two to three days until then laterz.

 

Hey doesn't she look like a doll though?

MV5BMTEyMDA1MzE0NjdeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDM0