First Anniversary

STORY REQUEST! [ACTIVE]

First Anniversary

• Melinda •

"See you tomorrow, Daehyun Oppa!"

Daehyun gave a quick kiss on Minyoung's forehead before she went in to her house.

"Bye, Oppa!" Minyoung said once more while waving her hand. Daehyun smiled at her and waved back.

Minyoung finally entered her house and quickly went to her bedroom. All she wanted to do right now was sleeping and welcoming the next day with the happiest smile. Tomorrow was the day which she had been waiting for since months ago. It was the day where she and her lovely boyfriend, Daehyun, would celebrate their one year anniversary. This was probably the longest relationship Minyoung had so she was so excited and hopefully everything went perfectly perfect, tomorrow. She also had prepared a small gift for Daehyun, it was a teddy bear doll which was wearing a hand-made knitted cloth with a DM word on it. Minyoung spent more or leas a month to make it as it was her first time knitting.

Minyoung recalled the day she met Daehyun for the first time at the bus stop, the day they talked for the first time because both of them missed the bus and the day Daehyun asked her out. It was still like a dream for Minyoung.

Daehyun's school was located right beside Minyoung's school. He was one of the coolest boy in his school since he had an amazing voice and also a good dancer so there was no doubt many girls were crazy for him.

Minyoung was considered as a popular girl too but not that popular. She was rather a shy and quiet girl when it came to boys and strangers. It was a miracle for Minyoung to be Daehyun's girlfriend. Minyoung was aware about Daehyun's previous girlfriends as one of her best friends used to date him.

From: Daehyun Oppa <3

Are you still awake? I miss you.

Minyoung squealed and blushed as she read the text message.

To: Daehyun Oppa <3

Yes. I miss you too, Oppa!! Can't wait for tomorrow!

They exchanged several messages until Minyoung feel asleep.

 

Minyoung woke up earlier than usual on Saturday morning. She went straight to the bathroom and took a shower. Minyoung sorted out all her clothes and tried one by one. She wanted to look perfect and beautiful and even she did her make up which unusual for her as she prefered with natural look. Minyoung spent hours until she satisfied with how she looked.

"Perfect." Minyoung said to herself as she looked at the mirror. She got thirty minutes more until she met Daehyun. Impatiently, Minyoung headed to the meeting point even though it was still half an hour before their date began.

 

Daehyun wasn't there when she arrived. Minyoung continually looked at her phone screen to see the clock. It was almost eleven o'clock and Daehyun still hadn't came up. She looked around and searched for her boyfriend.

Where is he? Minyoung started to feel worried and scared. What if he got into an accident? Or maybe he forgot? Negative thoughts occupied her mind.

Minutes after minutes passed and still he hadn't shown up. There were times when he got late during their dates but not this long. Her phone vibrated and hurriedly she checked it.

From: Daehyun Oppa <3

Can we postpone our date? I'm so sorry, Minyoung! Something important happens so I can't go. Mianhe.

Minyoung felt so disappointed as if her hope was being crushed down.

To: Daehyun Oppa <3

It's ok, Oppa :) Just make sure everything is ok then we can have our date :*

Now, Minyoung felt like a stupid girl, carrying a bag of doll in the middle of the street. She got nowhere to go, she didn't want to waste her make up by going home. In the end, she texted her friend to meet up and fortunately her friend agreed to it.

 

"Wow! You look so pretty!"

Minyoung's friend, Melinda, complimented as soon as she saw Minyoung who was waiting in front of the mall's entrance.

The girls hugged each other.

"Thank you." Minyoung broke the hug.

"Just forget about your boyfriend and your cancelled date. We haven't seen each other for a long time so today's our date!" Melinda stated.

Minyoung told her about it already and being the good and caring friend, Melinda came to her to cheer her up.

"Let's go!"

 

Both of the girls spent their day with shopping along the street. It did make Minyoung forget about her disappointment and sadness but still sometimes Minyoung thought about it and hoping she was with Daehyun right now.

"Mmm, Minyoung? I think we should try another restaurant." Melinda told when they were about to cross the street.

Minyoung looked at her friend and titled her head. "Why? It's the best restaurant in here so we should try it."

Melinda hesitated and seemed anxious about something. She moved her standing position to the front of Minyoung. Melinda bit her lips. "It's just…" She tried to find an excuse. "I don't think it is as good as what people say. So, let's go."

Minyoung furrowed her brows. "Why? What's wrong? This is so unlike you, Mel. What's wrong with that restaurant?"

Melinda sighed and stepped away from Minyoung's sight. Minyoung still didn't get what did her friend mean. She looked around and then stopped at a couple who ate at the restaurant in which Minyoung and Melinda wanted to go. The couple seemed enjoying their dinner, they smiled to each other and sometimes laughed at each other. Before Minyoung could turn away her sight, she saw they guy placed his hand on top of the girl's hand and said something. She kept staring at the happy couple. This time, the girl caressed the guy's hair slowly which then made the guy smiled shyly and said something.

Minyoung wouldn't mind if the couple was someone else, if the guy wasn't the guy whom she loved so much and the girl wasn't the girl whom she cared so much. She wouldn't mind at all if the guy wasn't Daehyun and if the girl wasn't her close friend.

Unfortunately… he is Daehyun - her boyfriend who cancelled their date because something 'important' happened - and she is her best friend who she shared with all her sadness whenever she feeling down.

Minyoung didn't realize her tears flew down from her eyes until Melinda patted her back.

"Minyoung…" Melinda spoke with a low voice and pity eyes. Minyoung wiped the tears away and shook her head slowly. "Come on. Let's get out from here."

Melinda took Minyoung home. Minyoung didn't cry or even talk. She just kept everything on her mind and stayed silent throughout the ride to her home.

"Thank you." Minyoung said emotionless.

"Are you sure you're ok? I will stay with you tonight if you want." Melinda looked at her friend worriedly.

"No." Minyoung forced a smile. "I'm ok… i think. I want to be alone tonight."

"Call me if you need anything, ok?"

Minyoung nodded and went out from Melinda's car. After Melinda went off, Minyoung let out a long sigh and stared at the sky with closed eyes.

 

Minyoung waited in front of Daehyun's house patiently. She decided to go to his house, to give the gift and also to ask. Minyoung didn't know what would happen to her when she heard the explanation or whether she wanted to listen to it or not.

"Min-Minyoung? What are you doing in here?" Daehyun asked as he just got home.

Minyoung gave him a small yet weak smile. "Where have you been?" It was just a simple question however Daehyun seemed had difficulty to answer it. Minyoung smiled again. "Was the food at ___(name of the restaurant) good? I heard it is the best restaurant." Minyoung stared her boyfriend who seemed shocked and stunned.

"How was your date? Did you have fun with her, Oppa? So having a romantic date with her is more important than celebrating our first year anniversary?"

Daehyun was speechless.

"How long have you been with her, Oppa? One month? Three month? Or you actually never broke up with her?" Minyoung gulped for a second. "I know she's much better than me in every aspect. She's prettier, smarter, and more popular than me. Everyone loves her… including you." She wiped the tears from her cheeks and sobbed.

"Minyoung…" Daehyun moved closer but Minyoung stopped him.

Minyoung looked up at him and gave a strong gaze. "Do you know how much I spent for choosing the right outfit and did my make up, Oppa? Do you know how much I spent for making this gift for you? Do you know how much I have been waiting for our anniversary?" Minyoung stopped and cried. She couldn't hold it anymore.

Daehyun moved closer again and put his hands on her upper arms. "Minyoung, I think you misunderstand this."

"How can I misunderstand when I saw my boyfriend holding hands and flirting with his ex, who is my best friend, with my own eyes? I see it clearly enough, Oppa!" Minyoung half shouted. "If you want to break up with me, you don't have to cheat on me. It will make everything even more worst and - "

"Stop!" Daehyun interrupted. He slightly tightened the grip on her arms. Minyoung stopped talking and lowered her head down. Daehyun lifted her head. He wiped her tears. "Follow me."

Daehyun ushered Minyoung to his car. Minyoung was too tired and sad to rebel, a part of her wanted to reject his offer but another part wanted to follow him and be with him. Throughout the ride, Minyoung stayed silent with her mind wondering where Daehyun would take her meanwhile Daehyun continuously took a glanced at her.

The car stopped in front of a building. It was a sport center where most of people exercised. There were many good facilities in there, including a small garden and a café.

"What are we doing in here?" Minyoung asked with a cold tone as Daehyun opened the door for her. "I want to go home."

Daehyun replied with a sweet smile. "Not now." He said. Minyoung didn't come out from the car. "I want to show you something. It'll be quick, I promise."

Minyoung gazed at him for a minute and then sighed. She came out from the car and followed Daehyun from behind. Minyoung questioned herself how could Daehyun have the keys of the building. It was late at night and surely the doors were all locked.

Minyoung stood a little bit closer to Daehyun since it was dark. Before Daehyun stepped in, he turned around and took something out from his pocket.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Minyoung furrowed her eyes when Daehyun moved closer to her.

"I want you to trust me." Daehyun put the handkerchief around Minyoung's eyes but she stopped him.

"Daehyun!" She half shouted.

"Please." Daehyun said with a calm voice. "Trust me."

"What? No!" Minyoung fought back.

"Minyoung… please. Give me ten minutes and then you can decide whatever you want." Daehyun pleaded. His eyes seemed sincere but Minyoung still didn't trust him fully. She nodded slowly. Daehyun closed her eyes with it and held her hand tightly.

Daehyun guided her carefully and slowly. After a minute, Daehyun let go his hand and fixed her position. He then moved to her back to undo the tied.

"Open your eyes." He commanded.

Minyoung opened her eyes and she couldn't believe of what she saw.

She was standing in front of the swimming pool where many floating candles floated on the water. Minyoung could see writing in the wall in front of her. It was written 'Happy 1st Anniversary!' with neon lights. The swimming pool also decorated with some flowers to make it more romantic.

Minyoung's eyes got teary and hung open in disbelief.

"Happy first anniversary!" Daehyun smiled as his girlfriend turned around to face him. "How is it? Do you like it?"

"How…when…are you…" She stuttered which made Daehyun chuckled.

"I asked for her help. She has a connection with this place's owner so I didn't want to miss the chance." Daehyun explained.

Minyoung felt embarrassed and guilty for judging too early. "I'm sorry." She lowered down her head. Daehyun pulled her into his embrace and hugged her tightly.

"It's ok." Daehyun kissed her head.

"So why did you cancel our date?"

Daehyun broke the hug but still wrapped his hands around her waist. "She told me that the owner won't let me lend this place so I arranged a meeting with both of them."

Minyoung didn't see another person at that time. "So…there was another person with you beside her?"

Daehyun nodded. "I guess you only saw the two of us." He assumed. "But don't think wrongly. Your friend is a hard woman, as you know. I had to please her many times so she could help me with all of this."

Minyoung smiled shortly. Now she knew why Daehyun touched her hand and a little bit flirty with his ex. Then, Minyoung stared at Daehyun with suspicious eyes. "You're not falling in love with her again, are you?"

Daehyun burst into a loud laughter. "It's not her that I'm falling in love with." Daehyun looked straight at Minyoung's eyes which made her blushed. "It's you. I'm falling in love with you everyday, every minute and every second." Daehyun leaned in and finally their lips touched with each other.


:)