Christmas's Eve

STORY REQUEST! [ACTIVE]

 

Christmas's Eve

• Butterfly19 •

December 1998

"Kyungsoo!" AhnHae threw a fist of snowball into D.O. She laughed when it hit D.O's face. 

D.O wiped it out from his face and he took as many snow as he could with his little hands. AhnHae ran away from him in the field full of snow. D.O ran to catch her while holding a snowball on his hand. The five-years-old children ran and laughed. 

They got tired after sometime. D.O and AhnHae sat down on the ground while looking at the beautiful scenery of the sky. AhnHae let her body lying flat in the ground. She reached out her hands as if she wanted to touch the sky. 

"AhnHae?" D.O sat beside her. 

"Yes?" 

"When we are older later, will you marry me?" D.O asked with hopeful eyes. 

AhnHae rose and looked at her best friend with confusion. "What is marry?" 

D.O's hands played with the snow as he explained what marry meant. "Marry is when a boy and a girl put on a ring into each other's ring finger and they share a beautiful kiss on the lips." 

AhnHae giggled. "I like it." She said. "I want to marry Kyungsoo!" 

D.O smiled brightly and leaned closer. His lips slowly touched AhnHae's lips. 

They shared their first kiss when they were just five years old. 

 

 

December 2006

"Let's go, Kyungsoo! You're so slow!" Thirteen years old AhnHae shouted at D.O who just came out from his house. They were going to church to celebrate The Christmas's Eve. 

"Wait for me!" D.O ran towards her.

AhnHae rubbed her hands which was covered with gloves. "It's so cold!" 

D.O looked at her who was a bit shivering. He took her hand and held it tightly. AhnHae didn't make a comment. She just moved closer to him. The two best friends always cared about each other. They were really close and many people mistook them as a couple. AhnHae and D.O always denied it although it seemed like they shared mutual feelings but never told each other. 

 

"Pssttt!" AhnHae whispered. "Kyungsoo..." 

D.O, who was sitting in front of her, turned his head a little. 

"I'm hungry." AhnHae leaned in. "Let's go out and eat." 

D.O stood up quietly and came out from the church as AhnHae followed him from behind. D.O opened the door and saw the snow falling down from the night sky. 

"Come on!" AhnHae grabbed D.O's arm and dragged him. They ran for a while. 

AhnHae was always the cheerful and lively girl in their school. She never got scared of little things and she always challenged herself. Meanwhile D.O was the calm and quiet boy. He was the opposite of AhnHae but that didn't stop him for liking AhnHae. He had been liking her since they were five years old. 

"Where are we going?" D.O asked. 

"Your house." AhnHae answered cheerfully. 

"I thought you are hungry." 

"I am and I want you to cook for me." AhnHae turned to him and gave him a big smile. D.O couldn't say no to AhnHae, especially when she gave him her sweet smile. It had been their tradition, to spend the Christmas's Eve at home after the church. D.O would cook for her and sometimes their families and AhnHae was the one who brought the vivacious atmosphere to the room since she was the most cheerful person in both family.

 

"You are a really great cook, Kyungsoo!" AhnHae took a spoonful of the food and inserted it into . "Thank you!"

D.O watched her eating the food he made with a loving smile. "You're welcome." D.O said. 

"Your future wife will be so lucky to have you as her husband!" AhnHae stated. 

And my future wife is you, Baek AhnHae. 

 

December 2007

AhnHae watched D.O singing in front of the stage with admiration. She was so proud to have a friend like him. He was handsome, calm, a great cook, a good singer and a kind person. Unlike her, she was a careless, cheerful and a bit tomboy. She couldn't cook or even sing, sometimes she was ashamed of herself. 

AhnHae developed a special feeling for D.O ever since they were kids. D.O was always there for her and helped her whenever she needed help. 

"You look great, D.O." A girl from their school, Raina, complimented him after the performance. 

Raina was the total opposite of AhnHae. She was a very girly girl who could cook well. Her gestures and her movements were so lady-like. AhnHae envied her. She wanted to become like her but she always failed. 

"Thank you." D.O bowed a little. 

"How about if we have a dinner together to celebrate the Christmas's Eve?" Raina suggested. 

The others agreed right away. 

"Sounds good to me." D.O finally agreed. Then he looked at AhnHae who was a bit down. "How about you, AhnHae?" 

"Yeah! Why not! Let's go!" AhnHae forced a smile and tried to be as lively as usual. AhnHae actually didn't want to go with the rest of them. She just wanted to spend another Christmas's Eve with D.O like previous years. AhnHae even had made her first cake for him. She had been practicing for two months and still it wasn't easy for her. She didn't have any skill for cooking or such thing. 

Rania was so attached with D.O which made AhnHae a bit jealous. Everyone knew that Raina liked D.O and it seemed that D.O liked her too. Both of them were quite famous so there was no doubt if they liked each other.

"What is your ideal type, D.O?" Someone asked. 

AhnHae who sat in front of him looked at him. 

"I like a lovable girl who has this charm to attract people to get to know her." D.O told them. 

"Does she need to be a good cook like you too?" The other asked. 

D.O shrugged. "Don't have to be but it's a plus point if she can cook." 

AhnHae knew who the girl was, Raina. He was describing Raina. She was so sure because she wasn't like the girl he just described. She wasn't lovable and she didn't have the charm to be attractive. 

 

December 2009

It was their last year of junior high school. AhnHae, D.O, and Rania would enter the same high school. Ever since the dinner of last year's Christmas’s eve, Rania and D.O became closer with each other. AhnHae tried to not be jealous but she couldn't help herself. She would choose to go somewhere away from them. 

"You are so beautiful, Hae!" Rania complimented when she saw AhnHae in a white dress. Although she was a bit tomboy, she still loved to wear dresses and skirts. "I know you'll look stunning in that dress." 

Rania was the one who helped in choosing the right dress for prom. As much as she wished to hate Rania, AhnHae still couldn't hate her. Rania always helped her with girls' stuffs. She helped AhnHae how to put make up on and how to mix and match clothes. 

Prom. AhnHae was asked by few boys to be their date but AhnHae rejected all of them. She just hoped that D.O would ask her but no, D.O didn't ask her anything. He just asked whether she came to prom or not. 

"Hi!" Rania greeted as D.O came approached both Rania and AhnHae. 

D.O was wearing his white suits which matched AhnHae a lot. But AhnHae felt he suited Rania instead of herself. Rania was wearing a baby blue dress. 

D.O stared at AhnHae from up until the bottom with amazement. He was blushing secretly. "Hello."

AhnHae smiled at him and them looked away to find the rest of her friends. 

D.O spent the night with his guy friends and also with Rania while AhnHae spent with her girl friends. 

 

December 2010

Ever since they entered high school, the friendship between D.O and AhnHae grew apart but Rania was still close with D.O. AhnHae didn't want to be the third wheel in their relationship so she decided to make herself away from them. 

There was also a visible change in AhnHae. She wasn't as lively or cheerful as before, she was more tranquil and more lady-like. She didn't run when she was almost late or even shout. She also spent her holiday with a cooking lesson. AhnHae wanted to improve herself to become much better but most of all, she wanted to be like D.O's ideal type. It was useless now because AhnHae knew D.O had Rania already. 

 

AhnHae would go out to the field with D.O when the first snow fell to the ground. They would watch how each snow dropped from the sky with a slow pace. But not this year. 

"I miss AhnHae." Rania frowned. 

D.O looked to the sky and he saw the snow falling down, ready to cover the earth with its softness and coldness. "Yeah, I miss her too. So much." 

 

2011 

Second year of high school. 

D.O had decided to get closer to AhnHae again. He would do everything to get her back. 

D.O started with a small thing such as having a small conversation with her or asking her out for a lunch or dinner. Luckily, AhnHae never rejected his request. But there was something about her that he missed the most. He missed how she called him Kyungsoo. AhnHae called him D.O, like other people, when they got into high school. D.O didn't know why or what happened to her but he wanted to find them out. 

He missed her bubbly personality. 

He missed her daring action.

He missed her big smile.

He missed everything about her.

 

December 2011

"Please?" 

AhnHae bit her lips. 

"Please, AhnHae? I will cook your favorite food and then we can watched random movies like we used to do when we were younger." D.O pleaded. 

"Is Rania coming also?" 

D.O shook his head. "No. Only the two of us, like old times." 

AhnHae blinked few times and said, "Ok. I'll be at your house at 5 o'clock." 

D.O smiled blissfully. "I'll be waiting for you!" 

 

AhnHae knocked on the door few times. 

"You don't have to knock, you know." D.O told her as he opened the door. 

His parents were out so the house belonged to both of them. 

It had been a long time since AhnHae visited his house. There was no change with his house. It was still the same like the last time she came. 

AhnHae could smell a pleasant smell of food so she went to the kitchen to see D.O who was chopping the vegetables. 

"Do you need help?" AhnHae politely asked. 

"No. Just sit there like you used to be." D.O ordered. 

 

"I miss you a lot, AhnHae." D.O confessed to her. "I miss your laugh, your cheerfulness and your smile." 

AhnHae just finished with her food silently. She didn't make a comment while she was eating. "It's a delicious food like usual." AhnHae changed the topic. 

"Thanks." D.O smiled. 

 

2012 

Last year of high school. 

Things got more serious and stressful. The seniors needed to prepare for their university entrance; they needed to have good grades to get into a good university. D.O wanted to be a singer, Rania wanted to be a lawyer meanwhile AhnHae wanted to be a designer. AhnHae fell in love with design when her parents brought her to an exhibition about art and design. 

D.O had completed with his mission. He grew more and more closer with AhnHae, though it wasn't as close as when they were kids. There were still questions that D.O wanted to ask but right now, he was making a plan for his next mission. 

 

December 2012 

Graduation was almost coming and D.O was getting more nervous. He made sure everything was perfect according to his plan. 

"You can do this, D.O." Rania cheered him up. 

"Thank you so much for helping me, Rania." D.O hugged Rania tightly. 

"Now go! Go to your position! I have something to do." Rania smiled at him. 

 

"What is this for, Rania?" 

Rania put a blindfold on AhnHae's eyes. "Just relax and trust me." 

"Tell me what are you going to do to me first." 

Rania smiled to her. "You can thank me later. Now stand up and do as I say." 

Rania lead her to the field where she and D.O used to play every Christmas. Rania made her sat down on the provided chair and then she took off the blindfold. 

"Oh my God!" AhnHae's jaw dropped when she found herself inside a small cottage. It was decorated with sparkling lights and a small Christmas tree. The door of the cottage was opened widely so she could see the outside. 

AhnHae covered her opened mouth with her hand when she saw D.O walking towards her while singing a song. 

 

Oh - thinkin' about all our younger years

There was only you and me

We were young and wild and free

 

Now nothin' can take you away from me

We've been down that road before

But that's over now

You keep me comin' back for more

 

And baby, you're all that I want

When you're lyin' here in my arms

I'm findin' it hard to believe

We're in heaven

 

And love is all that I need

And I found it there in your heart

It isn't too hard to see

We're in heaven

 

Oh - once in your life you find someone

Who will turn your world around?

Bring you up when you're feelin' down

 

Yeah - nothin' could change what you mean to me

Oh there's lots that I could say

But just hold me now

Cause our love will light the way

 

And baby, you're all that I want

When you're lyin' here in my arms

I'm findin' it hard to believe

We're in heaven

 

And love is all that I need

And I found it there in your heart

It isn't too hard to see

We're in heaven

 

I've been waitin' for so long

For somethin' to arrive

For love to come along

 

Now our dreams are comin' true

Through the good times and the bad

Yeah - I'll be standin' there by you

 

And baby, you're all that I want

When you're lyin' here in my arms

I'm findin' it hard to believe

We're in heaven

 

And love is all that I need

And I found it there in your heart

It isn't too hard to see

We're in heaven, heaven, oooh

 

You're all that I want

You're all that I need

 

We're in heaven

We're in heaven

We're in heaven

 

Although there was no music, D.O could still sing beautifully and perfectly. AhnHae was amazed by all of this. 

"Baek AhnHae, will you be my girlfriend?" 

AhnHae's eyes were widened and she stunned. "But...you and Rania..." 

D.O laughed and shook his head. "We're not a couple. We're never being a couple." 

"What?" AhnHae seemed surprised. 

"It's always been you, AhnHae. I've liked...no, wait... I've loved you since we were just young kids and I still love you until this second." 

AhnHae still couldn't think clearly. She was confused. 

"When I said my ideal type long ago, I was describing you. I found you very attractive, beautiful and lovable. Even my friends wanted to get to know you." D.O explained. "At first, I planned to confess when we had our prom back in junior high school but it failed since you got home earlier than I thought. Rania purposely chose a white dress for you so we could look like a couple. Oh, by the way, Rania knew from the beginning that I liked you." 

AhnHae's mind recalled what happened in the past. 

"Can I ask a few questions?" D.O asked nervously. AhnHae nodded. "Why did you change? Why did you keep your distance from me?" 

AhnHae sighed deeply. "It was because I wanted to be your ideal type. I thought you were describing Rania so I tried my best to be like her so you could notice me. I even had a cooking lesson." D.O smiled. "I kept my distance because I thought you and Rania were a couple so I didn't want to be the third wheel." 

AhnHae looked down because she was shy of how stupid she was for thinking like that. D.O put his gentle finger on her chin and lifted her head up. 

"You don't have to be like anyone. I love you because you are you. I love the cheerful and energetic AhnHae. I love AhnHae who can't cook and I still love you now and forever." D.O smiled. "So? What is your answer?" 

"Did you build this cottage?" AhnHae changed the topic again.

D.O was speechless for a second. "Uh, mmmm, yes, with the boys." D.O confessed. "I took 11 months to build this." He proudly told AhnHae. "Ok, back to the topic, what's your answer?"

"What answer?" 

D.O furrowed his eyes. "The answer about the earlier question." 

"Which question?" AhnHae teased D.O. 

D.O sighed. "Forget it. Just wait for another three years and then I'll ask you the same question that you have forgotten." D.O seemed pissed but AhnHae laughed. 

"I will." AhnHae said. "I will be your girlfriend, Kyungsoo." 

D.O embraced her. "Are you being serious right now?" 

"No." 

D.O released the hug. "What?" 

AhnHae hugged him again. "Of course, I'm serious!" 

D.O smiled happily. "I love you, AhnHae." 

"I love you too, Kyungsoo." 

"By the way, we're married already." D.O reminded her jokingly.

AhnHae rolled her eyes. "You still have to cook for me now since it's Christmas's Eve!" 


Second request from Butterfly19 ^__^ 

Thank you for requesting! HEHEHE... Tell me if you don't like the story , ok? I will try to change the story later (but I hope you like it :))