It's the Little Things

Have We Met Before

Luhan got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist. He walked over to his closet; he stood contemplating what he should wear. I got a datee~ A date with Xiumin~ He hummed. He laid out a pair of khaki shorts and a blue t-shirt, still humming and smiling like a child.

Luhan stared at himself in the mirror, eyeing his clothing.

 “Penelope, do you think the blue looks good with my hair color?” Luhan said, running his fingers though his dark brown hair. Penelope meowed but paid little attention to her owner and more to the ball of string she had found.

 “How about the green shirt?” Luhan questioned, pulling the blue shirt over his head and replacing it with a light green t-shirt.

 After five minutes of taking off one shirt and replacing it with the other, over and over again. Luhan decided to wear the light green t-shirt.

 Hmm… What should I pack for the picnic? Luhan thought to himself. I should probably ask Xiumin if he has any allergies. Taking out his phone Luhan sent Xiumin a quick text.

Hey, we’re having a picnic… Any food prefers or allergies I should know about beforehand? Luhan received a reply short after.

 No allergies, there isn’t anything I truly dislike but I really like Chinese hotpot. Should I just meet you at the café?

Okay, yea, met me @ 1. Luhan replied back and headed toward the kitchen.

oooOooo

“Hey!” Luhan said waving at Xiumin with a huge smile on his face. Xiumin smiled and waved back.

“Follow me the park is a few blocks from here.” Luhan added.

Even though they have been texting back and forth the pass couple of days, Luhan still felt extremely nervous around Xiumin, yet he felt right, as if he had knew Xiumin his whole life.

 They sat in a quiet, shaded area in the park. There was only an elderly couple and a few kids at the park.

“I know you said you like Chinese hotpot but I felt it was too hot out today for it. So, I just made sandwiches, fruits, and rice with either a water or soda.” Luhan told Xiumin as he pulled everything out and laid it out on the blanket.

 “It’s okay, I like sandwiches too.” Xiumin giggled at Luhan’s effort to please him.

 “So, tell me a little about yourself, Xiumin.” Luhan said trying to make conversation while they ate.

 “Well, for starters, my name is Kim Minseok. Xiumin is the name I go by at work.” Xiumin took a bite out of his sandwich waiting for Luhan’s reply.

 Luhan felt hot and dizzy at the sound of Xiumin’s real name. He saw flashes of red, darkness, and wood boards. He heard a high pitch scream, screaming Minseok; he quickly realized it wasn’t just anybody’s scream but his own.

“Luhan! Are you okay?” Xiumin asked setting his hand on Luhan’s shoulder to steady him. Luhan jumped at Xiumin’s touch.

“Oh, yeah, I’m fine. I was just a little dizzy because of this heat.”  Luhan replied forcing a smile.

They talked a little about their family. Xiumin told Luhan how he had just came back from China, where he was studying abroad, and Luhan spoke of his childhood in China.

 

 

Sorry for taking so long to update!! Chapter is short and slow.. i'm just trying to develop the plot and relationship more.. Hope you like it! ^-^