Miracle in December

Miracle in December
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exo: Miracle In December

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVLxRXoLaas

It was December and the weather is getting colder and colder every day. The road was covered with natural cotton blanket that fell from the sky. It was the sign that Christmas was approaching. I loved Christmas. It was the most beautiful time of the year, and it became even more beautiful when I got to spend it with the person I loved. Yes, Baekhyun was always with me every Christmas. We spent the whole night together chatting and had fun in the park which had the biggest Christmas tree in the city.

Just the thinking of spending Christmas with him made me grin like a fool already. I was on the way to school and everyone in the bus was looking at me like I was some kind of silly girl because I kept smiling the whole time while looking outside the window, but I don’t care. Baekyun was waiting for me in front of the school gate and it all that mattered to me.

As soon as the bus stopped, I hopped down and ran toward the school. There he was, standing handsomely with his hand inside his jacket’s pocket, leaning against the school gate. He didn’t notice that I was coming because he was kicking the dirt with his head hanging low. Smiling I approached him and was ready to give him my morning greet. “Boooooooooo!” I yelled in his ear and Baekhyun jumped in surprised. For a moment, I swore I saw his annoying face but just a blink of an eye; his had his usual warm smile on. I guessed he got annoyed because he thought I was some random girl who tried to catch his attention, but when he realized it was me, he smiled. That meant I got a special right to mess with him, right?

“Yah, you scared me.” He said and knocked lightly on my head. I beamed. “That was my morning greet. Did you wait for long?”

He shook his head and smiled. “Not really.” He narrowed his brows when he noticed something missing on my neck. “Where’s your scarf? You forgot it again, didn’t you?”

I smiled sheepishly and nodded. Baekhyun sighed. He took of his scarf and wore it around my neck. “How can you survive in this cold month without me, huh?”

And then I smiled again. I didn’t forget my scarf. I didn’t wear it on purpose; because I knew Baekhyun was gonna take care of me. I liked it when he scolded me out of worry. That meant he cared.

“Let’s go to class. We’re late.” He said and I nodded again. We walked to class side by side. Some of the girls were glaring at me out of jealous. In this school, it doesn’t have kingka or queenka, but it does have es. Baekhyun wasn’t the most popular guy in school but his appearance and his smile was enough to make some girls’ hearts melt. Those girls were jealous of me. They thought it wasn’t fair that Baekhyun cared about a girl like me. I wasn’t a goddess or even simply pretty. I was just an average of a girl. I wasn’t tall. I was skinny but I didn’t have S-line body. My skin was fair but Baekhyun’s was fairer. He’d be prettier than me if he was a girl. Sometimes, I asked Baek whether he felt embarrassed walking with a girl like me. He rolled his eyes and knocked my head. “Pabo, why did you ask me something like that? Why would I feel embarrassed? You’re not pretty but beautiful because you have a pure and innocent heart.”

That was enough to make me forget about all the bad words I received. He was definitely my hero.

…………………………………….

It was lunch time and usually I had lunch with Baekhyun and we’d walk to the canteen together. I told Baekhyun to go first because I had to go to the restroom.

“Don’t take too long, ok? I’ll be waiting at the canteen, our usual seat.”

“Ok!”

We waved at each other and went separate way. I walked passed a music room on my way to the restroom and I heard voices, which I recognized, belonged to Baekhyun’s friends. They went to the same singing class. Did I mention that Baekhyun went to singing class? No? Well, now you know. I met those friends of him a few times but too bad, it seemed like they didn’t really like me. I didn’t know why but I didn’t care either.

It took me only five minutes to finish my business in the restroom. It was shorter than usual. I walked back passed the music room again. I could care less about those people inside the room if I didn’t hear Baekhyun’s voice. I stopped and waited for a while to make sure whether it was his voice or not.

“So you’re going to have lunch with that girl again?” I heard his friend asked and I was sure that Baekhyun was really inside. “Yes, like usual.” And he really was. I thought he was waiting for me at the canteen. I really didn’t want to eavesdrop their conversation, but after hearing his friend’s question, I just couldn’t move my feet. I wanted to hear Baekhyun’s answer.

“Aren’t you annoyed and bored? You spent most of your time with her.”

“You have no idea how annoyed and bored I was every time I saw her face. But I don’t have any choices. Our moms are friends and if anything happened to her, they would blame on me. And for her, she won’t leave me alone either.”

I swore I stopped breathing for a few seconds. I just couldn’t breathe. My heart was broken into pieces and my head was spinning like crazy. Oh how I wish I didn’t stop and listened to them. Was he really my Baekhyun? Was he the same person that I loved all along? I couldn’t believe I heard all those things came from his own mouth. So I was just a burden all along? He did all those nice things to me because he had to?

Putting a hand over my mouth, I ran back to the restroom and cried my heart out. I’ve never been hurt more than this in my entire life. Why was this happening to me? *Baekhyun, my sweet Baekhyun.* I cried harder and harder until there was no voice coming from my mouth anymore. I felt heavy in my chest and it seemed like my heart was going to explode anytime soon. How would I react when I see him again? Should I just pretend that I didn’t hear all those words and act normal? I couldn’t do that. I really couldn’t act normal when I knew that Baekhyun actually felt annoyed about my presence around him. That hurt like a thousand needles piercing my heart.

My phone rang and it was Baekhyun calling me. He probably was waiting for me. It hurt even more when I knew that he was just pretending to care about me. I didn’t answer the phone. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and I looked like a mess. I wiped my tears and fixed myself. I needed to see him. I’ll try to pretend that nothing happened. I’ll just talk to him after school. Right, I made my decision.

 

I walked back to canteen and Baekhyun was waiting for me at where we usually sit. He already bought foods for me and himself. He smiled and waved when he saw me. That moment my tears threatened to fall again but I held them back. I forced a smile and approached him. “What took you so long? I’m hungry.”

“Sorry…I…uh needed to talk to our math teacher about the homework.”

“Out of all time, why chose eating time, huh? You’re really being like a nerd. Eat.” Then he began to eat. I clenched my fist and bit my lower lips. Did he mean what he said?

…………………………………….

 

The school ended and that was the time when I planned to talk to Baekhyun, but I couldn’t bring myself to do that. What if he admits it? I won’t be able spend time with him again, will I? It would be the end of the world to me. Baekhyun was my everything. If I lost him, I’d lost everything. My life would be meaningless. I couldn’t talk to him and I decided not to.

Baekhyun usually walked me to the bus stop after school and today was no different.

“You can go now, I can wait by myself.” I told him.

“It’s ok…I’ll wait with you. My mom would kill me if bad things happened to her not-biological niece.” He said and laughed, but I didn’t laugh along. So he didn’t really mean it when he said he cared. It was because he had to.

“Yah, why are you so quiet? What’s wrong?” He elbowed me. I shook my head. “Nothing’s wrong. I’m always quiet, it’s normal.”

And it became silent. It was silent until the bus arrived. “I’m going. Goodbye, Baekhyun.” I told him. Without waiting for his respond, I entered the bus. I went to last empty seat of the bus and sat down. To my surprised, Baekhyun followed and sat down next to me. I raised my brow. “What are you doing? Why did you follow me?”

He smiled. “I’ll send you home.”

I sighed. Usually I’d be really happy. But now everything was different when I knew he didn’t mean what he said or did. I didn’t say anything back and we both kept silent until the bus reached my stop. It took my five minutes more to reach my house by walking, and Baekhyun walked me home.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter