Chapter Four

What is Love

A/N:

After like three (four?) years of hiatus, I AM BACK! I'm so sorry, there's no excuse, but I'll apologize to you guys. I just finished my other story (LIKE COMPLETED! GUYS MY FIRST STORY EVER) and now I will (hopefully) be updating this fic often (? - it really depends on my mood). This will be a short chapter but I hope you guys enjoy it nonetheless. I don't know when I'll update it again but I definitely won't take as long as I did previously. Once again, I'm so sorry.

Please enjoy!

Lots of love,

-Elaina



Chapter Four

The Oh Sehun that walked in the doors of OH Entertainment the next day was drastically different from the Oh Sehun that had walked in through the doors on Valentine’s Day...or any day. This Oh Sehun didn’t have his customary scowl like that of all the other Sehuns past. He didn’t have a suffocating tie. In fact, this Oh Sehun didn’t even have a tie, instead choosing to leave the top two buttons ed, leaving onlookers with a delicious view of his deadly collarbones. Female employees gaped and swooned at this Oh Sehun that strolled in through the doors. This Oh Sehun was akin to one of the idols. The security guard sitting at the front desk didn’t recognize this Oh Sehun.

“Sir!” The guard called out as Sehun walked breezily past him to the wall of elevators, “Do you have an appoint-” the words died in his throat as Sehun turned to him. He gulped and began apologizing profusely, “I am so sorry sir, I mistook you for someone else,” he stammered, because how else would you say that you can’t even recognize your own boss? The poor security guard waited with bated breath for his predicament, sure that the almighty Oh Sehun was going to fly into a rage or even worse, fire him.

However Sehun smiled, making the security guard gape at him because he had never seen Oh Sehun so much twitch his lips from his default scowl. “It’s ok,” Sehun assured him, “It was a mistake, I understand.” The security guard stared at him. Sehun smiled again, “Well, I’ll be off now. Have a nice day, Jinki.”

Jinki bowed and mumbled something along the lines of “You too, sir,” as he gaped after Sehun’s retreating back. He thought Sehun was going to fire him, not smile and say that everything was fine. He didn’t even think that Sehun knew his name.


Sehun strolled to the door of his office where Chanyeol and Kai were waiting for him with twin Cheshire cat grins. “Morning Sehun!” Chanyeol greeted cheerfully.

The old Sehun would’ve scowled and pushed past them without another word.

The new Sehun, however, smiled, “Morning guys,” he said as he pushed open the door to his office.

Kai and Chanyeol shared a look of complete glee and Kai mouthed “Mission success!”

“So Sehun,” Kai drawled as the pair followed Sehun into his office, “How was last night?”

The old Sehun would’ve shot them an icy glare, cold enough to freeze the entirety of Asia. The glare would be paired with a phrase with it something being like “Would you useless bastards please get your ing asses to work.”

But this Sehun, the new one, beamed. “Great!” He said happily. “Luhan is really easy to talk to and he’s fun. I think I got a friend.”

Surprised, Kai and Chanyeol exchanged glances again, but quickly got over their shock. This new Sehun was going to take some time getting used to.

Chanyeol was the first to speak, “That’s so nice to hear,” he smiled, “You need to get out more.”

“I go out enough!” Sehun protested.

“What he means is that you only go out with us. Now you have someone new to hang out with,” Kai interjected, “Which is good since you’re too immersed being the big CEO and all. You can finally act your age, now.”

Sehun shot him a quizzical glance, “What do you mean?”

“I’ve known you since you were in diapers, Hunnie,” Kai cooed, “In the two years since you started up this company, the amount of times I’ve seen you smile is probably less than ten. And just now in the past five minutes, you’ve smiled three of those ten. You were too busy playing the role of the mighty CEO that you forgot how twenty-two year-olds like us are supposed to behave. You’ve become boring, stuffy, kinda like those old geezers at functions that we always make fun of. It’s nice to see some of the old Sehun from back in college return. I’ve very nearly lost hope that you kept the old Sehun locked up forever and that I’ll never see him again.”

Sehun stared at him in quiet contemplation, “I’ve always been here, Jongin,” he finally said, using Kai’s real name. “It’s just-”

“Just that life got in the way,” Kai finished for him with a gentle smile. “I understand, but it doesn’t hurt to let loose and be yourself for once. That’s why Chanyeol and I are so excited that you’re warming up to Luhan. We’ve never seen you act like this before.”

“I don’t think I’ve ever acted this way before either,” Sehun admitted, his cheeks coloring slightly. “I’ve never felt this close to someone in such a short amount of time before. Yet in the course of one dinner, I opened myself up to someone I have only known for three days. It’s strange.”

“Nothing’s strange about that, Sehun,” Chanyeol piped up, “You’re getting close to others. Kai and I are proud of you.”

Sehun looked at him, his eyebrow raising slightly, “That’s nothing to be proud of,” he muttered, feeling self-conscious at the way Kai and Chanyeol were grinning at him.

“Sure, Senshine,” Chanyeol chuckled, before patting Sehun’s shoulder, “I gotta bounce, there’s a new piece of equipment I'm dying to try out,” he smirked and left Sehun’s office.

Kai laughed, “We’re just excited to see you breaking down your walls,” he told Sehun, “Is it easier to talk to Luhan now?”

Sehun sighed, but decided not to dwell too much on the matter. He was about to answer when his phone beeped at him. He frowned slightly, but instantly his face lit up with a smile. “Yes,” Sehun replied, “In fact, I’m meeting him for coffee later today.”

Kai gave him a thumbs-up, “Have fun, Hunnie.” He encouraged before sliding off Sehun’s desk, “I’m off to work!”

“You work?” Sehun questioned as he finally powered on his computer.

“I do have my moments, Sehun,” Kai told him solemnly. Then he saluted comically. “Bye!”


Luhan didn’t know what made him invite Sehun out for coffee, but here he was, smiling broadly as a flushed Sehun pulled up a chair up to his table, mumbling out a “Sorry, traffic’s atrocious.”

Really Luhan didn’t know what made him invite Sehun out for coffee when they’ve had dinner together just a mere eighteen hours ago, but here he was, smiling at Sehun as a “It’s okay, I just got here too,” left his lips.

Luhan didn’t know what was wrong with him. Or what came over him.

But here they were, sitting opposite each other in a cozy café, in the quieter part of the city.

“Should we order?” Sehun asked, cheeks heating up slightly.

“Sure,” Luhan agreed easily, waving down a passing waitress. “I’ll just have an Americano,” he said and gestured toward Sehun. “What’s your poison?”

“Um,” if Sehun wasn’t blushing before, he definitely was now. “Can I get the bubble tea?” He asked the waitress nervously.

Luhan smiled at the sight of the young man in a sharp grey suit fumbling.

“What?” Sehun asked, when he realized Luhan was looking at him, after the waitress had left.

“Cute,” the word left Luhan’s mouth on its own accord, as his smile grew.

Luhan really doesn’t know what was wrong with him. Maybe he was going crazy.

Sehun flushed, “Bubble tea is my favorite drink,” he defended himself, “I had to oversee some auditions today. It was a nightmare.”

Luhan doesn’t know why or how Sehun’s words had him laughing.

“That sounds like a nightmare,” he agreed sympathetically, “I see why you need some comfort.”

Luhan doesn’t know why he’s cracking jokes. It should not be this easy to talk to someone he’s only met three days ago. It should not be this easy to be treating his business partner like his friend.

Luhan doesn’t know why for once, he’s not worried about work. He’s got contracts for him to review, papers to sign, plans to approve, but Luhan doesn’t know why he’s more focused on talking to Sehun than completing his work.

But here they were, chatting merrily. Their conversations were filled with innocent teasing, laughter, and seemingly random topics as people around them came and went.

Maybe Luhan was broken. Maybe he actually was going crazy.


Subscribe! Comment! Vote! Feedback is always welcome! (^_~)

Thanks guys! ^_^