Chapter Two

What is Love

A/N:

Double update?! Wow! I'm on top of things today! (Or maybe I just don't want to study....) Hahaha, no I already wrote this last week so I'm just uploading it. Like I said, this story is going to be finished very quickly (supposed to be a oneshot, remember?) Anyhoos, enjoy!



Chapter Two

"I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except for you, everything got in slow motion
Tell me, if this is love"
 

Sehun paced in his office as Kai watched him lazily. “You seem on edge,” Kai commented.

Sehun stopped in order to shoot a glare at him and then resumed his pacing, “You left early,” he accused.

Kai put his hands up, palms facing Sehun, “Ok, ok, guilty as charged. But in my defense, it was Valentine’s Day,” he protested. “And I just had to take Kyungie out. We haven’t been out in ages, thanks to you and your slave-driving.”

Sehun gaped at him. “Kyungie?” He asked, making sure he heard right.

Kai’s face and ears flamed red, “That’s my nickname for Kyungsoo,” he mumbled.

Sehun gagged, “You mean to tell me that you and your secretary are a thing and that you call him Kyungie?”

Kai frowned “We’ve been going out for a while now, Sehun. Where’ve you been?”

Sehun in a deep breath, “You didn’t finish your work.” He had chosen to move onto the real reason of why he was feeling so pissed.

Kai sighed, “It’s only a few slides, Sehun. It’s not the end of the world. I finished them this morning.”

Sehun counted to ten and was about to say something when a quiet knock sounded at the door. “Mr. Oh?” His secretary asked.

“What is it?” Sehun blew out an irritated sigh.

“The representatives from Lu Productions has arrived.”

Sehun opened the door, “Very well, Jessica, meet me outside the conference room. Don’t forget to take good notes; this meeting is very important for us.”

“Yes sir.”

Sehun glanced at Kai, “Come on then,” he gestured at the door.

Kai got up from the couches with a sigh. He grabbed his notes and left Sehun’s office. Sehun followed shortly. He was just about to turn into the hallway of the conference room when he realized he forgot his iPad, which contained his meeting notes. Cursing under his breath, he ran for his office when he crashed into someone.

“Oof!” The figure gasped in surprise when Sehun collided with him.

“I’m sorry!” Sehun bowed hurriedly. When he raised his head, he found himself looking into the most beautiful pair of eyes he had ever seen. For the first time in his life, Sehun found himself speechless. He had the faintest sensation of falling and his heart, if possible, was beating harder than usual. If angels existed, then Sehun was looking at one. Silence descended on the pair and Sehun could’ve sworn time stopped.

Then the angel spoke.

“Watch where you’re going,” he laughed.

Sehun blinked. The angel had a musical, soft voice and his laugh sounded like bells. Ok, what is wrong with me? Get yourself together! His inner voice commanded. “I’m very sorry, sir,” he bowed.

The angel waved him off, “It’s alright.” Then something beeped from the angel and he excused himself. “I’m sorry, I have a meeting to attend right now.”

“Oh don’t let me hold you up,” Sehun managed to say. He bowed again and dashed for his office.


Luhan wasn’t sure how it happened, but he was walking towards the conference room for his meeting with OH Entertainment when a tall man in a navy suit crashed into him. When their eyes met, it was like the world stopped. Thud. Thud. Thud. Luhan could hear his heart crashing wildly against his chest. Flustered, the man bowed and apologized and Luhan felt the corners of his mouth twitch up.

Then he looked up and Luhan could feel his breath catch in his throat. He was handsome, yes, Luhan would give him that. Though he had a stern face, his eyes shone with innocence.  Luhan managed to utter a “Watch where you’re going,” and then a laugh bubbled from his throat, surprising himself. The guy apologized again and Luhan found that adorable. What is happening to me? He wondered as he smiled up at him. Then Yixing’s text snapped him out of his reverie. Where are you? The meeting’s about to begin! He excused himself as Tall and Handsome bowed yet again. Luhan’s mind was scattered when he walked into the conference room.

“What happened to you?” Yixing hissed as he took his seat next to his secretary, Xiumin.

Luhan shrugged, “The meeting hasn’t started yet,” he said mildly, “Maybe OH Entertainment is running late as well.” Yixing rolled his eyes and settled back into his seat with a sigh.


Sehun had never seen the doe-eyed, honey-brown-haired angel before in his company. What the hell just happened? He grabbed the forsaken iPad from his desk and headed towards the conference room, where a group of people was waiting for him.

“Where have you been?” Kai asked. “I thought you were right behind me. We’re five minutes late!”

Sehun cursed, “I forgot to bring the meeting notes,” he said, holding his iPad lamely. Kai gave him a strange look. Sehun glanced around to make sure everyone was there. Jessica, Kai, Kyungsoo. Sehun gave a cringe. Then continued with his mental roll count. Chanyeol, along with his secretary, Jongdae, and Joonmyun, as their senior executive. “Well, shall we?” he gestured toward the closed door. Jessica opened the door. Four people rose up from their seats. Sehun scanned the room. He vaguely glanced at a guy who looked like a hamster before his gaze landed on the doe-eyed angel that he had crashed into earlier.

Luhan and everyone else stood up when the door opened. Eight people walked in confidently. Joonmyun shot Yixing a small smile. Luhan felt Yixing murmur softly, “Joonmyun,” but he paid him no attention when he found a familiar face.

Well, if it isn’t Tall and Handsome, Luhan thought, watching recognition flicker across his face when their gazes met. This ought to be interesting.

“I apologize for the late arrival,” Sehun spoke confidently. He was in business mode, but he kept his eyes trained on the angel.

Luhan waved his hand airly, “It’s alright, I was late as well.”

Sehun extended his hand, “Oh Sehun.”

If Luhan was shocked that he had crashed into the CEO of OH Entertainment, he didn’t show it as he grasped the proffered hand. “Luhan.” The minute their hands touched, there was a spark, but the two CEOs shook hands firmly. They bowed to each other and introductions ran around the room until everyone had been introduced.

Luhan, thought Sehun dazedly, what a nice name. He didn’t notice that everyone had settled down until Kai sent him a hard nudge.

“So we are here to discuss the collaboration of our new companies today,” Kai said loudly, as he saw that Sehun wasn’t going to do anything. Kai and Chanyeol shared a worried and confused look, it wasn’t like Sehun to be like this. Usually Sehun took control of meetings.

Sehun shook himself “Mr. Lu, if we choose to go forth with this deal, you understand that the two of us will be partners,” Sehun suddenly became flustered. Why did that affect me so much?

Kai shot Chanyeol a weird look and Chanyeol returned the gesture by shrugging. Both of them had the same thought. What was wrong with Sehun?

“Please,” Luhan inserted, “Call me Luhan. I understand that perfectly, Mr. Oh,” he smiled, “Since the two of us are going to be partners, there’s no need to be on formal terms, is there?”

“Please call me Sehun, then,” Sehun stumbled over his words; Luhan’s grin had sent his heart pounding. Chanyeol’s mouth dropped open, as did Kai’s. Sehun never became flustered in meetings, because he was usually in his element. The element of a business prodigy. What the heck was going on? Everyone else in the room eyed the two CEOs curiously, who were gazing at each rather intensely.

“Ahem,” Kai cleared his throat, “Shall we discuss the partnership then? And the new idol project as well?” He kicked Sehun’s leg underneath the table as if to say, snap out it! Sehun straightened up and broke his concentrated stare with Luhan.


The rest of the meeting went without a hitch or any mishaps. The two companies planned the revealing of their project in eight months, alined with the completion of the new company building.

"Here's to the beginning of SL Entertainment!" Sehun stood up at the head of the table and held the champagne that had been distributed to everyone in the room.

"Yes," Luhan beamed, "Let's work hard to help these kids debut!"

"Hear, hear!" Everyone cheered and raised their glasses. With that, the meeting was adjourned, Luhan and his party turned to leave when Sehun, struck by something, called out his name.

“Luhan!” Luhan turned around to see Sehun sprinting towards him.

“What is going on?” Chanyeol asked Kai in absolute bewilderment as they watched Sehun run towards the CEO of the other company.

“I have no idea,” answered Kai, mystified.

“Luhan!” Sehun panted as he reached Luhan.

“Don’t overexert yourself,” Luhan laughed. “We’ve only begun working together.”

“Since we’re working together, I think we should exchange phone numbers,” Sehun said in a rush.

“Oh my god,” Chanyeol and Kai said simultaneously.

Kai turned to Chanyeol with a shocked face. Chanyeol’s face mirrored his. “Did he…just…” Kai spluttered.

“Give Luhan his personal number?” Chanyeol gasped.

Sehun didn’t know what prompted him to give his personal number to Luhan. He also didn’t know why he had a crazy grin on his face as he walked back to his office where he found Chanyeol and Kai staring at him like he was an alien.

“Oh my god…” Kai breathed when he saw Sehun walking in, wearing a stupid grin.

“Holy…” Chanyeol echoed.

Sehun stared at them, “What?” he finally asked.

“Sehun, what happened to you?” Kai spoke, ogling at him.

“Um, what?” Sehun asked.

“You’re never late to meetings, you never become flustered at meetings, you never suggest that others call you ‘Sehun,’ and you have never ever given your personal number to someone you just met three hours ago,” Chanyeol ticked off on his fingers. “To be honest, I think only Kai and I have your personal number.” Chanyeol stared at him. “And in the course of three hours, you just did all those things.”

“Oh my god!” Kai burst out. Chanyeol and Sehun stared at him. “Oh my god!” he said again.

“Are you going to tell us or what?” Sehun asked testily.

“You…you like him!” Kai had the biggest idiotic grin on his face. “And I thought this day would never come!”

“What?” Chanyeol and Sehun said in unison.

Kai clapped his hands gleefully, “Our Sehunnie likes someone!” He announced.

“Oh my god!” Chanyeol leapt off the couch in delight.

“Would someone please explain this to me?” barked Sehun impatiently.

Kai rolled off the couch, cackling merrily. “Sehun likes Luhan!”

Sehun watched, unamused, as his two idiots of friends whooped and clapped excitedly. “Sehun…likes Luhan!” Chanyeol choked, doubling up with laughter. He reached for Kai. “Did you just realize what you said? You said Sehun likes….” He fell to the floor, clutching his stomach. “Two words that should never be together. Sehun and like,” his laughter took over him again.

Kai wiped the tears from his eyes from laughing too hard. “But it’s totally true, right?” he guffawed, “And the poor idiot doesn’t even know it!” The two goofs were reduced to another fit of giggles.

“Yah!” Sehun shouted, “You know I can hear you!” He was getting pissed.

“Calm down Sehun,” Kai rolled his eyes, “We’re just excited that you’re finally showing interest in someone, because you know, we thought that never would happen.”

“I’m…showing interest… what the hell Kai?” Sehun sputtered furiously.

Kai shrugged nonchalantly, “Don’t tell me you gave your personal number to Luhan for nothing,” he pointed out.

“I…just…wanted to keep in touch with him…for the deal and all,” Sehun found himself at a loss for words.

Kai crossed his arms, “Bull Sehun, you know Luhan has your number that you use for business purposes only.”

“I…”

“So why did you give him your number, Sehun?” Kai pushed.

“I…I really don’t know,” Sehun admitted, sitting down at his desk with a sigh. The identical, evil grins on both Kai and Chanyeol’s faces were enough to make Sehun cautious. “What?” He asked wearily, he really was not in the mood for their antics.

“Oh Sehun, we’re going to help get you into a relationship,” Kai smiled.

Sehun gaped at him, “What?”

Chanyeol clapped his hands together like an excited seal, “We’re going to guide you along. So you don’t die a lonely, old man.” He announced.

Sehun stared at the both of them. “Get out of my office,” he finally said.

Kai and Chanyeol laughed. “See you later for your lessons, Sehunnie!” Kai cheered.

“GET OUT!”

As Kai and Chanyeol left his office, Sehun heard Chanyeol say “Who would’ve thought that our Sehunnie would be capable of feelings?”

“YOU KNOW I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!”

The sounds of fading laughter answered him.


“What was that?” Yixing asked, frowning as the two of them got into a waiting car.

Luhan hummed absentmindedly, “What was what?”

Yixing raised an eyebrow, “You’re humming,” he pointed out.

Luhan looked at him, “Is that a crime?”

“You don’t hum, not when you just got done with a meeting anyway,” Yixing eyed him carefully. “Is it because of someone?” Yixing knew he hit the nail on the head when Luhan’s cheeks instantly flushed. “Oh my god,” Yixing gaped at him. “You’re blushing.

“No I’m not,” Luhan snapped, “It’s hot in this car, that’s all.” He folded his arms defensively across his chest. Then he noticed Yixing’s stupid grin. “What?”

“Who is it?” Yixing prodded gleefully.

Luhan rolled his eyes, “What are you talking about?"

“Who are you blushing about?”

Luhan shot him a glare, “It’s hot. In this car,” he growled.

Yixing leaned back and crossed his arms, smirking to himself, “Whatever you say, Luhan, whatever you say.”


Subscribe! Comment! Vote! Feedback is always welcome! (^_~)

Thanks guys! ^_^