Chapter 3

War & Peace

~Luhan's P.O.V.~ 

 

"So, is everyone ready?" Kai asked. The three of us nodded. "Alright, stay here; I'll be back in a minute." We each handed him our bags and with that, he disappeared. 

 

It was silent for a minute. Suddenly, I sensed someone behind us. I turned my head to see out of the corner of my eye who it was. It was my brother. I turned away and sighed. "What do you want, Yao Xing?"

 

The other two whirled around. "Oh..." said Kris.

 

"Yao Xing..."

 

"Luhan. Where are you going?" he asked quietly.

 

"Does it matter?" I answered coldly, still turned away from him.

 

He questioned sharply, "Luhan, are you leaving?" 

 

"So what if I am?!" I exploded and finally turned to him. "What are you going to do about it?!" 

 

Yao Xing stood still and stared at me with an unreadable expression. "Why do you hate me so much, Luhan? What did I ever do to-" 

 

"You. Know. What. You. Did," I seethed. "Now I'm leaving. And there's nothing you can do to stop me."

 

At that moment, Kai reappeared. Kris and Xia He took this as a sign to leave. Kris back-flipped off the balcony and shot up into the sky. Xia He crouched down and transformed herself into an eagle before taking off. After that, it was just me, Kai, and my brother. 

 

Kai narrowed his eyes at him. "You..." 

 

Yao Xing paid absolutely no attention to him, almost as if he didn't exist. He kept his eyes on me as he whispered, "Fine, Luhan. Leave. But don't expect a warm welcome if you ever decide to return."

 

"I won't," I promised. "I'm never coming back. Never." Yao Xing remained emotionless, but his big, green eyes told a different story. It was almost as if they were pleading me. But he already knew the answer.

 

I looked at my brother one more time before I took Kai's hand. Kai squeezed my hand, reminding me that he was there, like always. "Goodbye, Yao Xing. Good riddance." 

 

Then, Kai snapped his fingers, and we were into the dark abyss of time and space. 

 

~Yao Xing's P.O.V.~

 

I looked on as my little brother and his twerp friend disappeared into nothingness. Angrily, I punched the wall behind me as hard as I could, and didn't even flinch when it split my hand. "He's going to regret leaving me," I vowed. "He's going to regret hating me. He's going to regret ever being born."

 

I stormed out of the room and headed down to Xiu Min's to inform him of what just happened.

 

~Suho's P.O.V.~ 

 

I stood on the balcony awaiting their arrival. I watched the sky closely for any sign of them. Behind me, I heard footsteps. 

 

"Oppa, we are finished," Sang Hwa announced. Aya also repeated her.

 

I turned to them and smiled. "Good. I'm just waiting for them now-"

 

"Look!" Aya cried, pointing up. "An eagle!"

 

"It's Ren," Sang Hwa said, stepping outside. "And Kris is right behind her." She also pointed at the sky.

 

Indeed, the girls were right- it was Kris and Ren. Sang Hwa and I stepped back and allowed them to land safely on the balcony. 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Suho-ssi?" Kris bowed.

 

"Ye, annyeonghaseyo?" I smiled and patted his back. He nodded. "Good. It's good to have you here."

 

Beside him, Ren became herself again. Aya and Sang Hwa hugged her tightly and asked her how she was doing. When they finally moved to Kris, I smiled and gave her a hug. 

 

"Hello, Oppa," she greeted. "Haven't seen you in a while. How are you?" 

 

"You know," I answered, gesturing that I was so-so.

 

She nodded grimly and patted my arm. "You deserve so much better than her," she murmured. "Don't get too upset over it, alright?" I nodded, smiling. I liked how she always fussed over me like an umma.

 

She gave me another smile before turning to her friends, "Where's Marissa?"

 

Sang Hwa and Aya froze. "M-marissa?"

 

My heart sank into the pit of my stomach. Ren was not going to be happy when she heard about Marissa. 

 

"Yes, Marissa. You know, blonde hair, green eyes, she's kind of my best friend?"

 

Uh-oh.

 

"Oh. THAT Marissa," Aya said lamely. "She, uh... Umm..."

 

"Uh, s-sweetheart," Sang Hwa began, taking Ren's hand, "s-she's..."

 

"Gone," the three of us said in unison. 

 

Ren's eyes widened. "W-what?! B-but-"

 

"Not anymore, I'm not!" came a voice. We all spun around. 

 

"Marissa!" Ren cried, running to her. They both freaked out and began to do this crazy, complicated handshake. "Oh."

 

"My-"

 

"GOSH!!!!" they both screamed in unison, hugging each other.

 

Sang Hwa and I exchanged glances. Kris walked into my room, past the screaming girls, and out the bedroom door. 

 

"He's smart," Aya commented. 

 

"Hey," Ren suddenly stopped squealing. "Where're Kai and Luhan?" 

 

At that exact moment, the two in question appeared right in front of us. We all jumped but were relieved to see them. Aya threw her arms around her husband and kissed him; Sang Hwa gave Luhan a long-lasting hug. Marissa and Ren went back to freaking out together, and I stood in the middle of it all.

 

Alone again. Naturally. (;D)

 

~Luhan's P.O.V.~ 

 

The instant I appeared in Suho's room, Sang Hwa, my first love, hugged me. Just like that. We hadn't spoken in years, and she just threw her arms around me. 

 

"I missed you, Luhannie," she said in my ear. 

 

"I missed you, too," I answered quietly, but I don't think she heard me over the squealing girls behind us. I let go of her and took a step back to look at her. "Wow," I breathed. "You look great!" Boy, did she.

 

She giggled cutely. "Getting engaged will do that to you," she said.

 

....Oh. 

 

"W-wha... Getting enga-" I tried to collect my thoughts by laughing nervously. "You're engaged now?!" I finally asked. 

 

"Uh-huh!" she bobbed her head affirmatively and flung her left hand out to me, showing off her huge ring. "The wedding is in 6 months!"

 

I tried to mask my disappointment (jealousy) by acting surprised and happy. "Really? Wow! That's..." I leaned and gave her a congratulatory kiss on the cheek. "...great!"

 

"Thanks," she blushed.

 

"So, who's the lucky guy?" Who's getting pounded? 

 

"Chanyeol," she answered proudly. "I'm going to be Park Sang Hwa now!" 

 

...Ooookaaaaayy, I lose. 

 

Chanyeol- 1 Luhan- 0

 

After our little conversation, I went to see what Xia He's deal was. I walked over and found her talking to a very pretty American girl... Wait, did I say she was pretty? No? She was pretty.

 

I cleared my throat awkwardly to break their conversation. I wanted to talk to her so badly.

 

Did I just say that?

 

"Oh, hey, Luhan," Xia He said. "This is Marissa, my best friend. Marissa," she turned to the girl and gestured to me, "this is Luhan." 

 

The girl, Marissa, stared at me with her gorgeous jade green eyes. She smiled a toothy smile and said, "Hi. Nice to meet you," in perfect Korean.

 

I stared, open-mouthed, at her. I tried my best to come up with something cool to say, but all that came out was "Holy crap".

 

Smooth, Luhan, smooth.