Request

Walking down the memory lane

 

Chapter 22: Request

 

 

“I returned back to the hospital to get my medications…..” Woohyun said as he recalled what happened that day.

 

 

“Nam Woohyun,” The nurse called Woohyun as Woohyun went forward to collect his medication. “Hey, it’s you! No wonder your name sounded so familiar! How are you?” Eun-ji gave an eye smile to Woohyun. Woohyun immediately recognized the nurse who was previously with Myungsoo. “I’m recovering well! But, I don’t see Myungsoo anywhere, where is he?” Woohyun asked, couldn’t contain the curiosity within him.

 

 

“Well…” Eun-ji bites her lips, hesitant to say what happened to the popular doctor. “He quitted,” The nurse then said, with a tint of sadness over her eyes. Even though the doctor wasn’t likeable but, she couldn’t help but feel sad for that doctor. “What happened?” Woohyun asked worriedly. Eun-ji wasn’t sure if she could tell the private news of Myungsoo to Woohyun. After all, this was also a secret she had overheard.

 

 

Eun-ji stood outside the door of Dr. Shim. He had a patient today and it was funny how his patient had the exact name as the arrogant doctor she had been under for years. It couldn’t be him right? The light brown haired nurse peeked into the transparent window of the room and she gasped. It was him- that cold doctor.

 

 

Dr. Shim had a serious and grim face while, the other doctor was just expressionless as normal. Her hands clutched onto the medical report, her hands shaking, she looked at the cover of the medical report. Staring at the hospital bold name and logo, she was hesitant to open the medical report. Aish, whatever! Eun-ji’s curiosity overtook her professionalism as her fingers slid through the pages and he eyes widened with every page she flipped.

 

 

She stared at the black and white X-ray photo which depicts a brain. Right below the medical report, were the bold words that shocked her even move, ‘Brain Cancer-Third Grade’. How can this happen? That arrogant perfect doctor had brain cancer, it doesn’t make any sense. She remembered the time she had angrily cursed the doctor, now wanted to take those words back badly. Please, don’t die. You’re too young, way too young to die.

 

 

She then looked into the window and she leaned against the door and overheard the conversation between the two doctors. “Myungsoo, I’m saying this because I know you are not as bad as what everyone says you are to be, please at least consider to take the surgery,” The voice of the older doctor said, trying to convince the younger doctor. “But, there’s nothing worth living for,” Myungsoo replied, feeling all hope lost. Eun-ji heart clenches at the emotionless doctor’s response.

 

 

“Your friend, Myungsoo, is dying….” Eun-ji replied sadly. “What?” Woohyun’s mind went blank as he didn’t understand what the nurse was talking about. “He was diagnosed third grade brain cancer,” Eun-ji broke the sad news to Woohyun. Woohyun couldn’t believe his ears, how is it possible that Myungsoo was dying? “There must be a way to save him right?” Woohyun asked.

 

 

“Yes, there is a surgery, but the survival rate is only twenty-five percent,” Eun-ji replied him. However, Woohyun knew the nurse was hiding something from him. “It couldn’t be that-” Before Woohyun could finish his sentence, the nurse nodded her head. “Yes, he refused, he said there’s nothing worth living for,” Eun-ji said, quoting the doctor. Myungsoo, are you crazy? Are you going to leave Sungyeol alone?

 

 

That day, Woohyun went to Sunggyu’s house and told the elder the whole story. Woohyun hugged Sunggyu as the older cried in his arms. He felt his heart broke at how hard Sunggyu was crying. How is it possible that Myungsoo had brain cancer? The only person that could convince Myungsoo to go for the surgery is only Sungyeol and they decided to talk to Sungyeol.

 

 

Sungyeol couldn’t comprehend what Woohyun had just said. Cancer? Myungsoo was diagnosed with brain cancer? Myungsoo is dying? Sungyeol don’t believe what Woohyun have said. Maybe this was just a lie Myungsoo had created to be with Sungyeol. Tears streamed down the Barista’s face as the he just stared blankly at the couple.

 

 

Sunggyu went forward to hug the helpless barista in front of him. Sunggyu understood the fear and denial that flashed across the Sungyeol’s face. He had the exact same feelings a few weeks ago, when he found out Woohyun had stabbed himself. It was a horrible memory that he wished he would never recall. The way Sungyeol looked so helpless, desperate and hopeless.

 

 

The tall man laughed humorlessly in disbelief at what he had heard. “It’s not true right? It’s just a lie right?” Sungyeol said in denial. He just couldn’t believe that Myungsoo could die any time- even right now. Tears flowed out from his eyes continuously as he bit his lips hard- almost breaking the skin of his lips. “Please convince him to go for the surgery, that’s the only way he can live,” His best friend begged as he looked into the empty eyes of Sungyeol. Myungie, are you really going to die and leave me all alone?

 

 

Sungyeol then rushed off to Myungsoo’s house to demand the truth. He banged on the doors loudly and angrily. Myungsoo’s head throbbed painfully at the sound of the doors banging which woke him up from his sleep. Myungsoo dragged himself off the bed to see who was that crazy person hitting his doors so hard. He couldn’t believe who was in front of him, red face with puffy eyes. Nevertheless, the man still looks so breathtakingly beautiful.

 

 

Sungyeol barged into his apartment angrily and the puzzled man just stared at his sudden appearance. “Yeolie-” Myungsoo’s spoke in a raspy voice. However, the angry man yelled at him before he could continue his sentence “WHY ARE YOU TURNING DOWN THE SURGERY?! ARE YOU AN IDIOT? I KNOW YOU ARE STUPID BUT I DIDN’T KNOW YOU WERE DUMB ENOUGH TO DO THAT!”

 

 

Myungsoo raised his eyebrows as he stared at Sungyeol and he didn’t understand what Sungyeol was talking about. “ARE YOU GOING TO DIE?! I’M NOT LETTING YOU DIE, YOU HEAR ME!!!” The lanky man shouted furiously. Myungsoo pinched his cheeks, was he dreaming? He realized it was reality when he felt the sharp pain on his cheeks. The angry man seemed to get no response from the doctor and he started wailing when his anger turned into fear.

 

 

“You can’t die on me okay, Myungie,” The man sobbed harshly as he feared the doctor would leave him. Myungsoo finally understood why Sungyeol appeared right in front of him. Sungyeol found out about his illness. Myungsoo didn’t even bother to ask how Sungyeol knew. “Yeolie, don’t cry, you know I can’t stand it when you cry,” Myungsoo said as he pulled the barista into a warm hug. He hugged the barista tightly, missing how perfect Sungyeol felt in his arms.

 

 

The barista gripped Myungsoo’s shirt tightly and cried bitterly on his chest muttering continuously how unfair it was and how Myungsoo cannot die and leave him alone. Myungsoo’s heart ached at how painful Sungyeol’s sobs sounded; he wanted to stop all his crying. He tried to calm Sungyeol down by running his hands up and down his back.

 

 

Myungsoo knew it was stupid to feel happy, happy that Sungyeol cared, happy that Sungyeol was in his arms- and he was never so glad that he actually had that brain cancer. He was even more thankful to the person that leaked the news to Sungyeol. If a brain cancer is what can bring Yeolie back to me, then so be it. He smiled as he continued to calm the man in his arms by hushing the man softly and agreeing to his pitiful request of going for the surgery. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: One of my loooooooongest chapter in this fic. How can this story can be even more cliche and drama? Yeap, go ahead and add cancer in. WHY AM I SO CLICHE, I CAN'TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?! (okay ignore me) Then again, LAST CHAPTER NEXTTTTTTT (OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE ITTTTTTT!!!!!!) 

Please check out my FAILED fluff oneshot i did today (cause the previous one shot was too angst) and my Angels and Demons story if you haven't do so.

I shall see, I probably will do another Angels and Demons chapter if i can finish typing in time? 

So, comment, upvote and subscribeeeeeeee this fic (or the other fics)!!!! 

P/s: i can't believe this story is ending!!!!! OMG, i think i will miss writing this fic like crazy. :P

Replies:

WhereTheAngelsFly: *sits down on the chair next to you, to get water splashed on my face instead for diagnosing cancer on Myungsoo*

namuchi: Sorry, i tried. Heh. Fluff? I at writing that... Look at my proof and sorry i can't drag this story any longerrrrr. (I tried, trust me)

Daikatsu: TRUTH'S OUT. (Don't hit Myungsoo, his head is already too pain for the hammer :P)

ChrisKeTae: Awwww Thanks! You're tooooooooo nice! I'm still lacking. (look at how cliche my plot is, I'm glad that someone is even reading it)

*WAVES* BYE LOVELY SUBBIES AND READERS!!!