Chapter Two

Embers

Amber's Point of View

 

"AGGGGH!" I threw myself on the couch the moment I arrived home. My situation with Krystal and her sister is frustrating me!

 

"Hey bro, what's up?" I saw my brother Jonghyun holding a can of beer as he walk towards me. As soon as he sat beside me, I snatched the beer out of his hand.

 

"I need a drink."

 

"Hey! Get your own!" he shouted as he snatched it back.

 

"Having a girlfriend is so stressful!"

 

"Then break-up with her." he casually replied.

 

"Yah! You of all people knows how much tragedy I had to go to before she became my girlfriend."

 

"We'll what's the problem? Maybe I can help."

 

"Okay. Well, a friend of mine who's a cheerleader .." I began to patiently narrate the story to him.

 

 

Krystal's Point of View

 

I heard my sister scolding that cheating llama at our door. After Amber finally gave up, unnie walked towards me and told me what happened and the llama's plan on not giving up. I know I shouldn't have over reacted but being tired from practice and seeing that sight definitely didn't lift up my mood. I also know she has a reasonable explanation for this but I just don't want to hear any excuses right now. 

 

Have I told you that I have a very handsome girlfriend? The girls in my school would kill just to be in my shoes or title 'Amber's girlfriend'. With her charming and friendly gestures, she has girls swooning over her everywhere we go. She is also really athletic, despite being a girl, she's the team captain of our school's basketball team. She's perfect isn't she? But I don't know what's our problem these days. We barely hang-out or even see each other even though we're not that busy. It's like we're not each other's priority anymore.

 

I decided to clear up my mind in our backyard where the night air might help me think straight.

 

"Hi Soojung!" I heard someone call me. I look around and found the source at the veranda of the neighbouring house.

 

"Hi Chanyoung-oppa!" 

 

"Hmm. I only remember you staying there when you're in deep thinking. Something on your mind you want to share?"

 

"Nah! It's nothing. I might just bore you."

 

"Nothing about your life is NOT interesting Krystal Jung. Wait a second, I'll come over and let's talk it out." I giggled as I saw him jump over the fence that divides our lawns.

 

As he sat beside me, "So, what's bugging you."

 

"You see, you know Amber, my girlfriend right?"

 

"How can I forget that handsome girl when she's eating your face everytime she walks you home?"

 

I can feel my face heating up at his statement. "U-uh well, anyways. I was looking for her in the gym when .." I carefully explained to him myside of the story.

 

Amber's Point of View

 

"Then I retreated for the day but I'll definitely be coming back for Krystal."

 

"Dude, it's best for you to give up. You'll never have a chance now that Jessica is between you."

 

"And why is that?"

 

"Haven't you heard the stories about her last girlfriend?"

 

"Why does that have something to do with us?"

 

"Because it was pretty similar to her story. You know Kwon Yuri right?"

 

"How could I not? Captain of almost all sports clubs, lead dancer of So Nyuh Shi Dae crew, who won the Seoul Dance Battle in their Senior Year, has over 15, 000 members in her fan cafe and fanclub 'Prince Yurisistable', girlfriend of one of the main vocalist of her crew and school's Ice Princess. She's a legend in SM High!"

 

"And that Ice Princess is?"

 

My eyes widen when I realized whose name I was about to say.

 

"That's right. Jessica Jung. And everyone knows how bad their break-up was. It was also the main reason for their disbandment." Jonghyun explained.

 

"Jessica saw Yuri making out with UEE in the swimming team's locker room. Yuri told her that it was a mistake, but she didn't ran after Jessica. Instead the next day, she announced UEE as her new girlfriend. Jessica quit So Nyuh Shi Dae, Yuri replaced her with UEE but it didn't take too long when they disbanded because they can't handle UEE's attitude. Most went to Jessica's side and Yuri became a jerk to her members' eyes. And this is why I'm telling you to give up Krystal coz you will not stand a chance against Jessica. She will protect her baby sister to any threat she sees. And as of now, you have are the BIGGEST threat to Krystal. She loves her sister and she will do anything to prevent Krystal from feeling the same heartache she had with Yuri."

 

"B-but I will not hurt Krystal. I love her."

 

"You just did bro. You being too goody-two-shoes and knight-in-shining-armor to all girls is hurting her already. Don't you know some of them are doing it on purpose?"

 

"Those actions mean nothing."

 

"Well, you doing all of that to her and to every other girl doesn't make it special for her, you know."

 

"I'll do anything in my power to make Krystal special. But first .... I have to woo her sister." This is the plan that I came up with.

 

Krystal's Point of View

 

After I told Chanyoung about my situation with Amber, silence enveloped in us.

 

"Well. That was dramatic, but you do know that I'm not good with advices right?"

 

Chanyoung-oppa and his family has been our neighbor ever since unnie and I were kids. Since my parents are always on a business trip, instead of hiring a nanny, oppa's family took responsiblity of us.That's how we got close with him. And I know how bad he is with advices. 

 

"Then why'd you offer your services when you know you can't help me?" I rolled my eyes at him.

 

"Hey, I only said I'll listen." 

 

"Yeah, right." 

 

"But I really think you should let her explain."

 

"I don't want to end up like unnie, oppa. I don't want to seem desperate and she should learn her lesson." I pouted as I rant at him.

 

"Aigoo." he ruffled my hair which caused me to pout more. "Of course, the Jung Pride. Anyway, since I can't give you a proper advice, let's push this aside for a second. Do you want to go to Lotte World tomorrow? To take your mind off things for a while."

 

I smiled and nodded. "Sure oppa, I'd like that!"

 

"Be ready by 9 okay?" he stood up and dusted himself off. "G'night Soojungie!" he patted my head before jumping back the fence.

 

"G'night oppa!" I shouted and he looked back smiling at me.

 

As I was left to think by myself, I hope my llama won't give up on me, like how Yuri-unnie gave up with my sister.

 

 

 

 

 

How's that for an update? :)

Sorry if it's boring guys.

I just need to build the story before the fluffs and stuff.

Comments are very much appreciated.

Thanks to my subscribers <3

 

- iklutz25 -