Because Of You

Be Mine

 

 

Lately the Kyumin and Eunhae couples were becoming more obvious than usually. Since the car accident Donghae has been glued to Eunhyuk, afraid the man will disappear if Donghae is not with him. He follows him everywhere.

One time everyone had a schedule except for those two and Kyumin. Donghae and Eunhyuk were snuggled up close together on the couch watching Boys Over Flowers (sorry I had to. I really love that show).

The soda they drank finally caught up to Eunhyuk as he bolted off the couch and made a bee line for the bathroom. It took Donghae two seconds to notice Eunhyuk’s absence before he ran after him.

Just as Eunhyuk was ping his pants Donghae burst through the door startling the dancer. He turned around and yelled at his best friend.

“Donghae! What the hell are you doing in her?!?” Donghae ignored the question and asked one of his own. “Hyukkie why did you leave me?” Eunhyuk gave Donghae an ‘are-you-serious?’ look and responded. “Donghae seriously get out!” “I can’t Hyukkie. I can’t leave you.” “Donghae! This! Is! Ridiculous! I can’t take it anymore!”

He glared at Donghae then went to leave the bathroom, but a hand on his wrist prevented him from doing so. “Hyukkie what’s wrong?” Eunhyuk refused to look at him. “I’m tired of you always following me around. Just leave me alone for a while!” Donghae was surprised. “H-Hyukkie you c-can’t m-…” “Donghae don’t I need to you stay away from me for now.” Eunhyuk pulled his wrist from Donghae’s grasp and left the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

Donghae stood there in shock before realizing what Eunhyuk had just said. Tears formed in his eyes, threatening to spill over. He wiped them away and walked out the door. He came into a head on collision with the group’s maknae Kyuhyun, who was mumbling something like “stupid bunny.”

Kyuhyun landed on Donghae with a groan. “Sorry hyung.” Kyuhyun quickly stood up and helped Donghae. “It’s alright Kyuhyun-ah. I should have been paying attention.” As Donghae was dusting himself off Kyuhyun noticed the redness of Donghae’s eyes. “Donghae hyung were you crying?” Donghae looked at Kyuhyun and instantly regretted it as he couldn’t hold his tears in anymore.

Kyuhyun was a little surprised and didn’t know what to do at first. He was never good at comforting people when they were upset. He always said the wrong thing and made everything worse. Kyuhyun opened his mouth regardless to say something and hoped it wouldn’t be the wrong thing until Donghae hugged him and cried in his chest. Kyuhyun closed his mouth deciding it was best to just let the older male cry it all out.

He led them to the couch and held Donghae in his arms, rubbing awkward circles on his back to calm him. Donghae cried for a good four hours until there were no more tears left in his body to shed.

“Umm…you ok now hyung?” “Yes. Kamsahamnida Kyuhyun-ah.” “Yeah.” They sat in silence for a little while before Kyuhyun spoke. “Umm…hyung?” Donghae looked at Kyuhyun. “Can I ask why you were crying?” “Oh that.” Donghae looked down and fiddled with his fingers. “E-Eunhyuk hyung yelled at me to s-stay away from h-him.” Kyuhyun didn’t know what to say and just responded with an “Oh.”

Once again silence filled the space surrounding the two. This time Donghae was the one to break it. “Oh by the way Kyuhyun-ah what were you mumbling about earlier?” Kyuhyun’s face suddenly turned to one pure irritation. Donghae was taken aback and immediately regretted even asking. He hesitantly spoke. “I-I’m sorry I-I…” “I’ll tell you.” Kyuhyun began telling what happened a few hours ago.

 

Flashback:

Sungmin and Kyuhyun were in their shared bedroom talking and laughing on the bed. Sungmin got a little too excited and fell off the bed, hitting his head in the process. Kyuhyun panicked and grabbed Sungmin up, massaging his head asking if he was ok. Sungmin pushed Kyuhyun away telling him to stop. Kyuhyun cocked his head to the side. Sungmin stared at him with a ‘don’t-you-dark-ask’ look.

“Kyu, you have been acting weird ever since you were released from the hospital a few months ago. What’s going on?” “Hyung what are you talking about?” Sungmin sighed in frustration before completely losing it. “You have been over cautious with everything I do! I slightly bump into something and you freak! If either of us should do that it should be ME not YOU!! YOU WERE IN A CAR ACCIDENT! WE ALMOST LOST YOU! You worry about me too much. STOP IT! Siwon does it enough for the both of you.”

Kyuhyun clenched his fists with Sungmin mentioned Siwon. He stood up and walked over to his hyung. “So Siwon can car for you but I can’t! That’s messed up hyung and you know it!” Sungmin would be lying if he said he wasn’t a little afraid of the maknae right now, but as the hyung he had to stay strong. “That’s not what I meant Kyu. I-it’s just…” “Just what hyung? You like Siwon more than me?”

Sungmin didn’t understand what had gotten him all worked up, just because he mentioned Siwon? It didn’t make any sense. “Kyuhyun why are you acting like this?” “Because all you ever talk about is Siwon.” Is he jealous? No it can’t be, Kyuhyun doesn’t like me that way. “Look, Siwon and I have been best friends since before yo…” Sungmin suddenly stopped, realizing a bit too late what he was saying. Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin, hurt evident in his eyes. Sungmin gulped loudly. “Before I what hyung? Before I joined Super Junior right? That’s what you were going to say?” Sungmin opened his mouth to speak but Kyuhyun continued without giving his hyung a chance. “I see now what you really thing about me.” Kyuhyun then left the room, once again without giving Sungmin the chance to explain.

End Flashback!

“Wow! Well it looks like both the people we love hate us.” Donghae mumbled softly but Kyuhyun still managed to catch it. He would have liked to dispute what his hyung said but could only nod in agreement. Kyuhyun suddenly had an idea and looked towards Donghae. “Hyung I think I know how we can get them to talk to us again so we can confess.” Donghae looked at his dongsae expectantly and listened as he explained the plan. Donghae smiled once Kyuhyun was finished.