drunken truth

All You Need is Love

drunken truth

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In which Sunggyu can’t hold his alcohol and ends up saying things he never planned to.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

            The world is tilting slightly and Sunggyu sways before letting his head fall to rest on his arm. He slams the empty shot glass down on the table in front of him, hiccupping as he requests a top-up. Woohyun sits beside him and watches as the bartender fills his shot glass once more. Sunggyu’s drunk (he’s never been able to hold his alcohol very well). His cheeks are bright red and he’s got this look of bliss on his face that gives Woohyun no doubts that he is indeed drunk.

 

            Sunggyu lifts his head just enough for him to down the shot in a quick go. Sunggyu recoils as he struggles to get the alcohol down and he’s about to ask for another one when Woohyun swiftly grabs the shot glass from him. “I’m cutting you off.”

 

            Sunggyu frowns. “Whaddya mean?” he slurs. “Woohyunnie, you can’t,” Sunggyu whines, gripping onto Woohyun’s sleeve. Woohyun almost loses it because he’s always been weak to that nickname but he stands his ground.

 

            “You’re going to thank me tomorrow morning for cutting you off now because if I let you drink anymore your hangover is going to be catastrophic.

 

            Sunggyu pouts. “Be that way,” Sunggyu grumbles as he crosses his arms over his chest, sulking like a little kid.

 

            “I think it’s time we go home.” Woohyun drags Sunggyu to his feet and says goodnight to Howon, the owner, before pulling Sunggyu out of the empty bar. Sunggyu stumbles and almost falls until Woohyun catches him. “Woah, there.”

 

            Sunggyu stops and so does Woohyun. “Sunggyu—”

 

            Before he can say anything else, Sunggyu slaps his hands on Woohyun’s cheeks and squishes them together. “Your cheeks aren’t very squishy,” he blows air into his own cheeks and furrows his eyebrows together.

 

            Woohyun grabs Sunggyu’s wrist and forces his hands away from his cheeks. With the sudden force, Sunggyu loses his balance and falls forward. Woohyun catches him and holds him up before he slides down. Woohyun’s about to steady Sunggyu when Sunggyu wraps his arms around Woohyun and grips the back of his jacket.

 

            “Sunggyu?”

 

            “I have something to tell you.”

 

            “You’re drunk. Don’t tell me anything you wouldn’t tell me if you were sober.”

 

            Sunggyu looks up into Woohyun’s eyes, a sudden confidence and determination overwhelming him. “I may be drunk and this may be a total mistake but I want to say this because I need to get it off my chest. I’ve wanted to say this for a long time. I’ve loved you since I met you and I love you now and I will probably love you for a long time and it’s not just the alcohol talking. In the morning I may act as if I don’t remember this but I just wanted you to know.”

 

            His words are slurred and Woohyun has to strain his ears to understand but when Sunggyu is finished his speech, he blinks. Is this really the shy Sunggyu he knows so well? Woohyun thinks this must be a dream because he’s loved Sunggyu since before they even met when he’d seen him at a class in their university. It was love at first sight and he was pretty sure it was one-sided.

 

            Woohyun kisses Sunggyu (quite passionately) and tastes the alcohol on his tongue. He seriously hopes Sunggyu remembers tomorrow morning or he’d be really disappointed.

 

            When they pull away, Sunggyu smiles at him and whispers an I love you before passing out.

 

--

 

            Sunggyu groans and hides under his pillow. “Why did you let me drink?”

 

            Woohyun chuckles and squirms into the limited space beside Sunggyu. Sunggyu’s about to tell him to go away because the single bed is small enough with one person but he’s beaten by Woohyun who leans down and whispers next to his ear, “I love you, too.”

 

            Sunggyu hides his raging blush under the pillow.