merry christmas

All You Need is Love

merry christmas

 

 

It’s Christmas and, contrary to everyone’s beliefs, it is not the most wonderful time of the year. For Sunggyu it’s the hardest time of the year. Like, for example, how is he supposed to get a gift for Woohyun that’s as magical and heartfelt as Sunggyu feels around him?

 

            So Sunggyu spends all of December and a slice of November on a valiant search for an acceptable gift for the love of his life, Woohyun, but it’s already Christmas Eve and he’s empty handed.

 

            They’re at a Christmas Eve party held by Sunggyu’s best friend’s Hoya and Dongwoo and Sunggyu decides that, despite the fact that Hoya seems kind of busy entertaining his guests, it’s a good time to get some advice.

 

            Sunggyu grips Hoya’s ugly Christmas sweater and pulls him away into the bedroom where he hopes Woohyun won’t find him. “What’s wrong now?” Hoya asks, prying Sunggyu’s fingers off.

 

            “What do I get Woohyun for Christmas that I can get today?”

 

            Hoya blinks at him. “You mean you haven’t gotten him anything yet? It’s Christmas Eve already.”

 

            “I’ve been searching for a month and I haven’t found anything that I feel is right. I need your help, Hoya.”

 

            Hoya thinks for a moment before answering. “Maybe you should give him something you can’t buy?”

 

            Hoya takes Sunggyu’s silence as an answer and pushes him out of the room. “Now join the party. I bet Woohyun’s looking for you.”

 

 

            Sunggyu thinks about what Hoya said. But what could be so special that Sunggyu could make? Even when he and Woohyun are home and cuddling in bed on Christmas Eve, Sunggyu’s mind still wanders about giving Woohyun something he can’t buy. And even when Woohyun’s drifting off and whispering sweet nothings in his ear, he thinks long and hard because he just wants it to be special for Woohyun.

 

            So when Woohyun’s officially asleep, Sunggyu decides and hopes Woohyun will love it.

 

 

            It’s Christmas morning and Woohyun wakes up alone. He grabs around the bed for his precious Sunggyu but Sunggyu’s not there and the sheets are strewn haphazardly around where Sunggyu should be. Woohyun sits up in annoyance, wanting to wake up Christmas morning and gaze at Sunggyu’s adorable morning face.

 

            He swings his legs out of bed and stands, shuffling out into the living room. “Sunggyu—”

 

            His sentence is cut short as he enters the living room of their apartment and his jaw physically drops. Sunggyu sits at the bottom of their Christmas tree with only a thin sheet covering his lower parts. He has a red ribbon tied around his neck in a pretty bow and the red matches the colour of his face.

 

            “Merry Christmas, Woohyunnie,” he mumbles.

 

            “God, I love you,” Woohyun groans as he moves to enjoy his gift and he thinks that maybe this is the best gift he’s ever gotten.

 

 

seriously short and late and it might not be christmas for some of you but for me christmas day is just ending ad i wanted to post this before christmas was over for me at least so here it is.