chapter 4,ill never let anyone hurt you

ill never let anyone hurt you
"Hey sis." He said coming from behind me. I was still a little angry at him, but he was my brother and I could never genuinely stay mad a him. "Hey R. What's up?" I said washing my hands and then preparing the bread. It already rose yesterday, so I didn't have to worry about that. I put it in a zip lock bag and put it in my freezer. I got out some of the vegetables and fruit and started cutting them up making regular salads and fruit salads. "I- I just w-wanted to say s-sorry and I-I want to t- try this diet o-out." I looked at him wide-eyed and jumped clapping my hands and engulfing him in a hug. "It's alright R! I'm so happy for you! What's the sudden change?" I said very curiously and untangling from the hug. I looked at him. He wouldn't answer me so I crossed my arms and leaned on my right hip. "I-I sort of have a c-crush on Julie." He said looking down. I looked at him, the biggest smile forming on my face. After a while of silence he looked up at me and saw my smile and chuckled. "I'm so happy for you! She seems like a very sweet girl. I kind of have a crush on Perry." I said whispering the last part and looking out the kitchen window to see Perry and Julie sitting and talking at my picnic table. I went back to cutting up the fruit and vegetables. "That's great sis, but I will eat him and take his watch if he ever hurts you." He said. I giggled and threw some random vegetables in a bowl. "Seriously, E. He has a nice watch. I don't mind taking it." I just chuckled more washing my hands and getting out the bread slicing some pieces off. "I love you R." I said giggling again and sighing happily that my brother was back. "That's great sis, but I will eat him and take his watch if he ever hurts you." He said. I giggled and threw some random vegetables in a bowl. "Seriously, E. He has a nice watch. I don't mind taking it." I just chuckled more washing my hands and getting out the bread slicing some pieces off. "I love you R." I said giggling again and sighing happily that my brother was back. "I love you too E." He said chuckling at me. I put the remaining bread in the fridge and cut up fruit putting them in a separate bowl as well. I got the homemade orange and lemonade juice out and set it outside on the picnic table. "Need help?" Perry asked sweetly smiling. I smiled back and waved him in. "Always in need of help!" I said. He followed me in grabbing the vegetable and fruit salads as I grabbed three different jars of jam and other stuff, and the slices of bread that I sliced earlier. We carried them out the table and I was about to go in to get the individual bowls and silverware, but R came out hands full with everything wobbling. I ran at him shutting the door behind him trying to take some stuff out of his hands. "I don't need help." He whispered placing a fake smile on his face. "Stop trying to impress her. If you break one of my glassware I will punch the crap out of you." I whispered also forcing a smile to my face and taking stuff out of his hands. I smiled back smartly and walked over to the picnic table setting the stuff down and sitting down across from Perry. "Eat as much as you want. Sorry it's not much." I said taking a glass and filling it with lemonade. "It's more than we could ask for E. Thank you so much." Perry said smiling. I smiled back sweetly, but still felt bad that I couldn't offer more. I filled up my bowls as everyone else did, and jammed my bread with peanut butter. I said grace to myself quietly and dug in savoring all the flavors in my mouth. It tasted so good. Suddenly, I felt something warm on my knee. It felt nice, but startled me. I jumped in my place making the table shake. "Are you alright?" Julie said worried. R looked at me like I was completely crazy, peeking under the table. "Yeah, I think there was a spider crawling on my knee." I said looking at Perry who was smiling. I felt better knowing it was him who rested his warm hand on my skin. I've never felt this feeling before. I blushed looking down at my lap. Perry lied his hand back on my knee and I continued eating, enjoying the feeling that his touch gave me. The whole time we exchanged glances at each other, capturing each other's eyes. Once we finished, we just sat there talking about random things when water droplets were falling fast and hard down on us. "Ah!" Julie squealed laughing. We all carried stuff in and I shut the sliding door and locked it putting the blind down. We were all soaked from head to toe. It was like we were standing in the shower with our clothes on. Suddenly I busted out laughing at all of us. "I have some extra clothes for everyone upstairs. There's two bathrooms so you can take showers too." I said walking upstairs everyone following me. I handed Julie a pair of black sweatpants and a pink shirt that said 'I'm y and I know it.' She laughed and I pointed her out to the bathroom up here and where the towels were. I gave Perry a white form-fitting t-shirt that read 'I'm a hottie' and black sweatpants. He chuckled. "I don' even want to know why you have this." He said laughing harder, which caused me to giggle. I gave R a white muscle shirt that said 'YOLO' and black basketball shorts. I led them down to the bathroom downstairs and R offered that Perry take a shower first, which he accepted. R and I walked back to the kitchen and I the TV for him giving him the remote and showing him how to use it. Since, there was no channels because of this whole epidemic, he searched on demand while I went to clean up all the dishes. I was beginning to wash the dishes, while I heard "Bad boys bad boys. Whatcha' gonna do? Whatcha' gonna do when they come for you." I giggled realizing he was watching Cops. I went back to washing the dishes when Julie came down in her new clothes. I laughed at her shirt and she blushed. "R, go ahead. I have to finish up down here." He nodded and went upstairs. Julie sat down at the place R was sitting and laughed once she realized that he was watching Cops. "I had the same reaction." I said sitting down beside her. We laughed together watching Cops. I was intensely watching as the cop was chasing after a criminal, when I was interrupted from my thoughts. "Thank you so much for taking care of us. You are a great person." She said. I smiled when she said person and not Corpse. I'm glad she thinks of me as a person rather than a Corpse. "Oh it's no problem. I just want to show some Humans that some of us don't kill and we're not like regular Corpses." I said. She looked at me and smiled. "I love how brave you are and how you yearn for change between us." She said referring to Humans and Corpses. I smiled and went back to watching Cops, when Perry walked out of the bathroom. I smiled and got up going past him to my bedroom and getting some clothes out for me. I picked out a long black t-shirt that had a panda eating bamboo and white spandex leggings with a black lacey bra and white silky underwear. I hopped in the shower undressing noticing my bullet wound, and jumping into the warm water. It felt nice washing away all the stickiness from the rain and I took a washcloth with soap and washing out my wound. It hurt a little, but it felt nice washing all the bacteria and infection away. I shampooed and conditioned my hair taking my once dirty and nappy hair, and making it clean and smooth. I cleaned my body washing all the dirt off me and when I was all clean I hopped out drying myself. When I was done, I put my clothes on and walked into the living room where everyone was sitting on my couch and watching Cops. "Hahaha really?" Everyone turned their attention towards me and we all chuckled. I sat down in between Julie ad Perry watching TV as well. Soon it was over and we just talked. "So E, do you remember what happened when you became a Corpse?" Julie questioned.