ill never let anyone hurt ya / chapter 3

ill never let anyone hurt you
*Images of Humans and Corpses living together peacefully swarmed through my head. Humans re- teaching Corpses how to be a Human again. That would be the ideal world. No Bonies, just Humans and Corpses roaming this earth together without any conflict. Pictures of Perry broadcasted in front of me, and suddenly the pictures fast-forwarded toward a specific scene. There Perry was, dressed up handsomely in a traditional black and white suit smiling with that beautiful smile. He stood there as if he was waiting for something, or someone. Out of nowhere, I look around at other people, whom are also dressed up, and their faces start to morph into a Corpse. I feel a look of horror cross my face as the Corpses started attacking the Humans around. I see Perry's expression change from utter happiness to total fear. "Get away from me!" He yelled. I literally felt my heart shatter into a billion pieces and I felt something drop from my heads. I look down seeing a bouquet of flowers and quickly start running away tears streaming down my face.* I shot up from the terrible tragedy that I just encountered, and thank goodness it was just a nightmare. I searched around for Perry and Julie frantically, but they were nowhere to be found. I got up looking for R thinking that maybe he was with them. Finally I found him in the cockpit staring blankly out the window. "Have you seen Perry and Julie?" I asked praying that he has. No." He said bobbing his head left and right looking at me with worry-filled, wide eyes. I ran out of the cockpit looking out the window to see if there was any recent blood splattered. Thankfully there wasn't, but there was also no sign of Perry and Julie either, so I inhaled a deep breath searching for their scent. I could smell it, so that meant they were close by. I opened the door, a cold gust slapping me in the face, and ran down the stairs. Once I reached the bottom, I searched in every direction panicking. I finally spotted them under our plane and a wave of relief comforted me, but not for long when I saw Corpses walking towards them. I walked slowly to Perry and Julie, conscious of the Corpse's near me. "What are you guys doing!? Do you want to get yourselves killed!?" I hissed whispering. I felt R's presence from behind me, but I still kept a serious expression on my face. "Not safe." he said looking at the Corpses around us. "We need to go back home." She said. R and I wiped some blood on them and I looked around praying to God that this works. "I understand that, and I'm so sorry all of this is happening. I wish it never did, but I can't control this. We are just trying to protect you. I know people are counting on you at home, and if you continue to wander around these areas then you guys won't make it." I said apologetically. They nodded their heads understanding. "Now let's get out of here. Just walk slow and act like a Corpse." I whispered as R and I walked out from under the plane first. Even I had to act because I wasn't used to acting like a Corpse. I motioned my head to them letting them know to follow our lead. They came out grunting and way more than what was necessary, which was kind of offensive, but I know they mean no offence. I looked at them with an expression that said 'cut it out,' and they toned it down a bit. Corpses looked at us mysteriously, but luckily they didn't take action. After we passed them, we walked into town again walking to my house. We finally arrived to my house, which was really just an abandoned, two story cottage with lots of flourishing flowers and trees circumnavigating it. "Wow this is a beautiful house. I'm surprised a house like this still stands." Perry said awestruck. "Yeah, well the family left as soon as the epidemic broke out. I watched it a few weeks to make sure they weren't coming back, and as soon as I was certain, I moved in." I said my face turning a light pink. I opened my door, which was always unlocked and let everyone in to my familiar sweet sunset colored walls and brown sofas. "When the former residents lived here, they took everything with them. It was a completely bare house. I went to the store furnishing everything. I even planted the some trees and flowers in the front." I said proud of my work. I looked at them and they were looking around at everything. I caught R looking at a picture on the coffee table of him and I. It was the only picture of him and I that I had. When I woke up as a Corpse, I found it in my pocket. I caught myself smiling as I saw my head tucked under his arm and his other hand ruffling my hair. "Oh, I want to show you guys something." I said excitedly running to a glass sliding door. I slide the door open running outside to the warmth of the sun. They followed me out looking at what I was so excited about. Lined against the side of the house was tons of plants that I was growing. Strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and grapes. Zucchini, broccoli, sweet peas, variety of lettuces, onions, peppers, carrots, cucumbers, and potatoes were in a rectangular box that I hand-crafted, and peach, apple, lemon, and orange trees surrounded the white picket fence I had up. I even had a patch of wheat so I could make my own bread. "This is amazing and totally smart." He said looking around at all of the plants, picking a blueberry off the tree. "May I?" He asked ready to throw it in his mouth. "Go for it." I said chuckling. His face flashed content and he moaned. "Oh it's delicious!" He said savoring the taste. We all chuckled and I started walking inside. "There's plenty more inside. I think I left some bread dough in here yesterday. I can make a salad or something if that is alright?" "We are very grateful." Julie said checking out some of the plants. I nodded my head walking inside while everyone stayed outside except for R.