bullet proof

ill never let anyone hurt you
I'm not like the others. Yes, I am indeed a zombie, or better known as a Corpse. That's what the Humans call us, which I think is pretty cruel, but there's nothing I can do about that. Once a Human spots us, they usually to shoot us in the head. I have a brother. His name starts with R, but neither of us remember what his name is. It's the same situation with me as well. I only remember the first letter of my name, which is E. I haven't grunted or even seen my brother for a long time. As I said earlier, I'm not like other Corpses. I don't feed off of Humans like regular Corpses. Instead, I eat the food that Humans eat. I suppose that's why I am the most advanced Corpse that there is. I've never met another Corpse who does that. I've tried getting R to try, but he refused, which is why I left. I can't stand the idea of killing someone for food. It just isn't right. He still lives in that Airport while I moved closer to town. The only other time when Corpses come out here is to look for Humans to eat. It's closer where Humans live. I like to live here because there is more Human food than where I was. So here I am, wandering around this lonely, abandoned, town. Always wondering how me and R's life was. Who are parents were, did I have a boyfriend, did I have my first kiss yet? I looked around at this tragedy. Bodies lay sprawled on the ground, debris was everywhere, cars and other vehicles were smashed and blood was everywhere. Suddenly, a scent hit my nose and right way I knew it was Humans. My mouth watered, but I pulled out a Twinkie trying to distract myself from the sweet smell of Humans. My legs carried me following their scent, when all of the sudden I heard glass shattering and screaming. I ran towards all the commotion, which led to a medical clinic. I ran inside seeing Corpses attacking a group of Humans. The Humans were shooting bullets everywhere and I tried to dodge them the best I could. Nearby, a Corpse was dragging a man's body towards him ready to pounce. Before he could do anymore, I jumped in kicking the Corpse in the head. He took a quick look at me before falling to the ground. Bullets still zoomed past me. There was another Corpse running after the Human I just tried to save. She kept running and when she got near me, I threw my hand up clotheslining her. She fell back, the wind getting knocked out of her. From a distance, I saw a Corpse with a red hoodie. For a second he reminded me of R. He walked towards a pretty blond girl, and a gorgeous brunette man standing on the counter shot him in the chest. The Corpse started running after this man and pulled him off the counter. The man was screaming and squirming trying to get out of the Corpse's grip. I ran towards them tackling the Corpse down on the ground. The man stood up and hopped back onto the counter gun in hand pointing at the Corpse and I. The Corpse looked at me furious, but faltered when he saw it was me his sister. I got off of him, but he ran at the man again, so I punched him. He fell to the ground holding his face. I looked down at him with a disapproving look with my hand on my hip. The girl was still firing her gun killing my Corpse's. I walked slowly to the man on the counter with my arms out trying to show him I'm not going to hurt him. Suddenly I heard a shot go off and I felt an excruciating pain in my chest. "Ahhhh!!!" I screamed out in pain holding my wound trying to stop the blood. The man looked at me oddly. R got up ready to kill the man. "R, stop!" I screamed. He stopped and turned around walking back to me. I saw from a distance that the girl with the gun was looking at me with the same amount of confusion. "You can talk?" The man said. I nodded my head pressing down on my wound harder. "You can bleed too?" The blond girl questioned. I nodded my head again dropping down to the floor. R came over to me helping me standing back up. By now my blood was profusely seeping out all over me. "You guys need to get out of here. It's not safe." I said panicked and out of breath. I opened one of the medicine cabinets pulling out gauze wraps, medicine, forceps, a needle and thread, and a scalpel shoving them in my messenger bag. "Wait, how can you talk?" The blond girl asked. I puffed out a huge breath. "I'll explain later. We need to leave now. Bonies are probably on their way here by now." I said panicked. Bonies especially didn't like me. I walked over to the man and motioned for him to bend down. He looked at me hesitant, his gun shaking in his hand. "Come here. This is to mask your scent." I said. He climbed off he counter and I lifted my bloody hand to his cheek and wiped down to his chin. His face looked disgusted. R crept over to the blond girl. She cowered back and threw a knife in his chest. He pulled it out and threw it on the ground. He continued walking to her and wiped some of his insides on her. I guess you could call it zombie blood. "Safe." He said. He grabbed her hand and pulled her up from the floor.