First Meet

Christmas Special: An Ending or A New Beginning?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pgcXF6ocfs

丁噹 (Ding Dang) (Della) - 好难得 (Hao Nan De)

 

A/N: Italicised words in this chapter are in mandarin.

 

It was winter and you had to go for extra classes since you took up Korean as a third language. It was your first lesson and you didn’t like the fact that you had to go for it. You didn’t really have a choice though. The rest of the languages didn’t interest you. Plus, you heard that the teacher wasn’t the strict type so you just ticked Korean as your third language.

*Gahh, why must I go for this crap lesson? And in the snow? Bull man.* You kicked some of the snow on the pathway to the school.

Watch it.’ Someone sent you a glare when you kicked snow on her but you couldn’t care less. You were too busy thinking of the worse scenarios in the class.

*Better get inside, it's so cold.* You shivered when a gust of wind came towards you. Thankfully, you wore a scarf around your neck that day which protected your neck from the wind.

You looked for your class and fortunately, or unfortunately, you found it quite easily since it was the first class of the second level corridor.

You plopped down at the seat near the corner at the back of the lecture room. You saw students streaming in and sitting next to each other since the lecture chairs were connected like the theatre chairs. You pulled out the attached writing table and placed your books on it. You closed your eyes. *Please let this go by fast.* You let out a sigh.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a melodic voice.

Can I take a seat here?’ *That voice… it’s so… soothing.*

No.’ You kept your eyes closed. You heard him settle down beside you.

I said-’ You opened your eyes and turned towards him. You saw a stunningly handsome guy smiling at you. *Don’t smile at me like that!* You scolded.

So, you were saying?’ Luhan smirked, knowing you would be struck by his looks. You shook your head.

‘Still, no.’ You replied flatly. Luhan was a little shocked, but smiled. *I’m starting to like this girl.*

Too bad, I want to seat here. Besides, there isn’t a school rule that says I can’t sit here.’ Luhan stuck his tongue out.

*Why must he sit here?* You flipped open your book since the Korean language teacher strode in.

Some hot chocolate for you?’ Luhan held out a tea flask. You raised your eyebrows. *Isn’t he a little too warm towards a person he just met?*

You kind of liked it though.

The winter that year needed a little warmth.

---

Surprisingly, you didn’t fall asleep. Correct that, it was not surprising at all. Luhan always asked you questions and made you listen to class. The both of you would speak in Korean when possible since it was a good learning method.

What was really surprising was, the class went by quick and you were actually starting to like his presence. Soon enough, you liked Korean classes a lot and it was the only class you looked forward to every week.

It was the same for Luhan. He gradually knew the real you which was quite the opposite of the first time the both of you met. You were actually bubbly and always smiling. Your smile never failed to put a smile on his face too.

Maybe that’s why you two got the lovebirds title.

Then one day, Luhan confessed to you. You would never forget that day.

He led you to a café which was a favourite place for the both of you. There were many memories here since the both of you were regulars. When there was a need to study or revise, or just to hang out, this café was the place to be.

He ordered two cups of hot chocolate.

‘Here, your favourite.’ Luhan passed one cup to you. You gladly took it and smelled the chocolate.

‘Thank you.’ You smiled, before taking a sip.

‘Remember the day we met? I offered you this drink and you rejected?’ Luhan tapped his chin thoughtfully.

‘Yea, I remember that clearly. That rejection must have hurt you.’ You laughed.

‘But this rejection will hurt me more.’ Luhan said, leaning in close. You raised your eyebrows. *What is he talking about?*

‘From the day I met you, I already took a liking for you. But now, that liking has become love. Be my girlfriend, will you?’ Luhan held your hands. You felt something in your palms and gasped in shock.

It was the bracelet you were talking about to Luhan when the both of you went to hang out at the mall the previous week. You smiled and nodded.

Luhan quickly put on the bracelet on you and kissed your knuckle. *Luhan, I love you.* You thought as you lightly touched the bracelet that was on your left wrist.

‘How did you do that?’ You asked, before drinking a mouthful of hot chocolate.

‘It’s magic.’ Luhan smirked playfully. You made a face.

‘Fine, fine, it’s called something up my sleeve.’ He rolled up his long sleeves giving you a wink.

You chuckled.

*I’m so glad that we are together now.*