Stage 2: A Problem

Forever My Love

Jiyong's Point of View:

       Wow..... I cannot believe what just happened. The stocks that my parents have been buying, in hopes of becoming rich quick.... it worked! Wow, I HAVE TO TELL YOONA. I reached for my phone and started to type the text message to my beloved.

To: Yoona

Sent at 11:23PM

Yoona yah~ Guess what? I'm no longer poor. Keke. I wanted to be a man and provide everything for you and now I can. To make a long story short, the stocks that my parents have been buying and finally burst through the roof! The money is still piling up. I'm really happy for my parents Yoona, they worked so hard but the economy is simply terrible. Finally, their hearts are at rest, and mine is too. I can finally be proud to say that I'm your man! By the way, sorry if you were sleeping my dear Yoong, I just wanted to share the news with you keke. I'll see you tomorrow, right? Last day of school. Wow, time flies by, doesn't it. It seems like only yesterday when you agreed to be my girlfriend- it was one of the happiest days of my life, but now, you make everyday great. You're my Yoona, and I love you. Good night Yoong! You have to get your beauty sleep. Don't bother replying.

 

I looked up at the ceiling and fumbled with my phone. Although I told Yoona not to reply I still wanted her to. My phone vibrated, it was a message from Yoona! I quickly opened it and read it.

 

From: Yoona

Received at 11:25PM

Oppaaa, don't even bother saying not to reply, because I know you'll still be waiting for one. Keke. Congrats oppa, I'm super happy for them too! Now, they don't have to suffer anymore. Yay! Plus, your mom is so kind, she's like the mother I never had. I'm so glad I have someone like her in my life and she can be fully happy. The same goes for your dad (: He's my SECOND father haha. I agree, time does fly. I love you too! I'm very glad that school is ending, see you tomorrow! Dream sweet dreams ! ♥ Time for me to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

 

---------------------------------------------

 

       Jiyong read the text and found himself smiling. Yoona was just so cute. What would I do without this girl, ahhhhh. Just then, I heard a knock on my door.

"Jiyong ah, can I speak to you for just a moment before you go to sleep?"

"Sure, come in umma." He was curious, his mother had sounded so serious. What could it be, he wondered. His mom stepped inside his small room and immediately it became a bit cramped. His room was not exactly made to fit two people. His mom sat on the edge of his bed. She sighed and took a deep breath. This is going to be hard, she thought to herself.

"Jiyong, I know you've always been a good boy and an understanding son... can you do umma a huge favor?"

"It depends on what it is, tell me what it is umma." Jiyong grabbed his mother's hands and looks into her eyes as she looked away.

"You know how hard your father and I worked so we could be successful, so we could be a happy family, right? Well, um, if we don't want all of this to crumble in front of our eyes, we're going to need you to, uh, break up with Yoona." Jiyong stared at his mother in disbelief.

"Umma, hahaha, you must be kidding. You said you liked her! You said she was pretty and kind. YOU SAID SHE WAS RIGHT FOR ME. WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE WORDS THAT YOU SPOKE YOURSELF JUST A FEW DAYS AGO?! How... how could you ask me to this...?" Jiyong covered his face with his hands as he felt tears streaming down. How could his own mother ask him to break the heart of the one he loved... His mother hugged him and brought him to a tight embrace. He pushed her away. At that moment, his father walked in. He was not one to accept disrespect towards parents.

"WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT YOUR MOTHER JIYONG?! HAVEN'T WE TAUGHT YOU BETTER?!" His father demanded him for an answer.

"Are... are you on this too. You want me to break up with Yoona too, right?! BOTH OF YOU ARE IN ON THIS. YOU WANT ME TO THROW AWAY THE WOMAN OF MY LIFE FOR YOUR OWN SELFISH REASONS?!" Jiyong shouted as tears continued to flow down. His mother was sobbing as well. Although his father's eyes softened, he still yelled.

"WE DID THIS FOR OUR FAMILY. YOU ARE THE ONE BEING SELFISH KWON JIYONG."

       Jiyong could not take it anymore. He ran out of the cramped room and ran outside. He ran, and ran, and as he looked up, he saw that he was right in front of Yoona's house although he did not intend to. With tears slowly fading away, he took out his phone and called Yoona. After one ring, Yoona answered.

"Oppaaaa~ Ahnyoung. Is something wrong," she asked, concerned. At that moment, Jiyong could feel his heart tearing into a million pieces. Oh Yoona, he thought.

"Yeobosayo? Oppaa? OPPA?!"

"Oh. Yoona yah...."

"Oppa, have you been crying...?" Jiyong was able to tell that Yoona was worried over the phone. His tears had finally stopped. He knew that he could not hide anything from her.

"Oppa, wait right there I will run to you, where are you?!" Yoona began to panic. She quickly changed out of her pajamas and wore her clothes, grabbing any random shirt and jeans she could find. Her socks were even mismatched. Yoona ran downstairs and opened the door to find Jiyong standing there, his face glistening with dry tears. Jiyong met Yoona's eyes. He ran towards her, giving her a forceful hug. She hugged him back, confused. Tears began to form in his eyes once again. 

-----------------------------------------------

       The two sat on a bench at a nearby park. Yoona wiped the remaining tears off of Jiyong's fce with her sleeve. Jiyong took her hand and stared at her. There were no words needed at that moment. He sighed.

"I wish time would stop and we could be like this forever..."

"Oppa, we have eternity." Yoona said cheerfully, although Jiyong could tell that she was worried. Yoona knew something was wrong but she did not dare ask him. She did not want to tear up again and seeing him so sad made her unhappy.

"Sorry Yoona, for making you come out this late. It's already three in the morning. I just wasted your time... I'm really sorry." Jiyong apologized over and over.

"Aigo, oppa, must I remind you that I would do anything for you? This is no biggie. Don't cry though, okay? Seeing you sad really makes me upset. I don't want to see you unhappy." Yoona smiled. She leaned in and kissed him on the cheek and blushed. Jiyong smiled. Yoona was always able to cheer him up. Yoona quickly stood and grabbed Jiyong's hand and tugged it.

"Come on, let's go! I'm not the only one that needs sleep." Jiyong obliged and got up.

-----------------------------------------------

       Hand in hand, the two approached Yoona's house. Before bidding goodbye, Yoona faced Jiyong and took his hands in hers. She looked up at him.

"I want you to know that I'm always here for you. You don't have to hide anything, whatever it may be. You can come to me anytime and anywhere, alright? Don't keep your feelings bottled up oppa." He knew that he could not hide anything from Yoona. He sighed.

"You know that I love you, right? And that I always will?"

Yoona pouted, knowing that Jiyong was hiding something but she did not want to push any questions unto him.

"I know. Good night! It's a week before your graduation, make sure you are fully rested. Byeee!"

       Jiyong saw her walk into her house and headed toward his.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       As soon as Jiyong walked into his home, he could feel the intense atmosphere lingering in the air. His parents were waiting for him to return from the looks of it. They stared at him but he quickly walked to his room, wanting to avoid their gazes and company. He was in no mood to be anywhere near them... let alone talk to them but he knew that they would bother him in a couple of minutes.

A few minutes later...

-knock knock knock-

"Jiyong ah, can you come out? We want to speak to you for a little bit."

"Okay..." Jiyong quietly stepped out of his room as his mom led him to the living room. He sat down on the sofa. His dad was there as well. His mom went to sit next to his dad.

"Son, I know that it's a tough decision but I hope you make the right one. Your parents have been working so hard to make this family work. Our financial status was not that great but now, your mother and I are rising in power and the money in our bank account is rising by thousands. We will become millionaires soon. Jiyong, we put our sweat and blood to make this work. Please do not ruin this for our family... the son of a to-be-popular businessman dating girl of a low-class family is not good for our reputation. I beg you, please."

Jiyong stayed silent throughout his father's whole "making Jiyong feel guilty session." He pursed his lips. Then, his father did something completely unexpected. He got on his knees and begged Jiyong. His mother only sobbed quietly next to him.

"Your mother and I had to go through difficult obstacles and suffered much pain and loss... please, Jiyong." His father's eyes started to water. Jiyong panicked.

"Appa, please get up. This is unnecessary. Okay, OKAY, I'll... I'll let go of the love of my life for your selfish reasons." Even though Jiyong felt bad for his parents, he still felt the need to make them feel bad. They were asking for so much. They were taking the love of his life away... he realized this and his heart sank. He dragged his feet back to his room. He dropped himself onto his bed, thinking about yoona and their blissful moments, their arguments, everything. He missed her already... how was he going to live without her... ?

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

AGHHHHHHHHHHH, AS I WAS WRITING THIS CHAPTER, I WROTE A HUGE CHUNK AND FORGOT TO SAVE IT D; gosh, this can make a person really mad...and really sad. Ohmygoodness. My heart sank. Lukily, I was able to remember most of what I wrote :P Sorry for the rant and sorry for the late update. Well, here it is! Thanks for waiting.