CHAPTER I

I have a demon living in me.

December 2, 1999

Screaming 

Agony

Sorrow

Pain

Pain

Pain

"Make it stop! Make it stop! MOM!" 

The Chinese boy screamed, kicking his legs to the side and thrashing his arms. He screamed in pain, shutting his eyes tightly as salty tears ran down his cheeks. His mother stands on the side, bitting her nails as she watches her baby boy scream in pain. 

I'm so sorry my son. Please forgive mommy for doing this. 

"Mommy! Mommy! Make it stop! IT HURTS." 

The boy continues to scream, thrashing his body on the bed as he slams the back of his head on the mattress, arching his back upwards as he screams. His fingers clenching onto the rails of his bed, his toes curling as a trail of spit roll out of his mouth. Forcing his eyes open he stares at the white ceiling above him. Sobs escape his lips as he falls back onto bed. His face stiffens as he closes his eyes, feeling the pain run through his veins as he sobs. 

"You did well..." 

His father comments, tapping his sons cheek as the tears threatened to fall. 

"I hope you can forgive us. Your mother, your brother and I are terribly sorry my son. Forgive daddy, well you?"

His father whispers, running his fingers through his son's sweaty locks as the tears roll down his cheek. He hears his wife sobbing in the back ground and his eldest sons comforting words. He hears the broken words escape their mouths as he gently cups his youngest son's cheek. His heart breaks as he watches his son's breathing even, the stained tears on his cheek and the red bruising that covers his body. 

"Baby, I'm so sorry." His father whispers, planting soft kisses on his cheek and forehead before retrieving his hand, he reluctantly turns around to face his family in front of him. 

"Do you think he'll forgive us?" His mother comments, wrapping her gently arms around her eldest son as she glances over at her youngest Tao. 

"I don't know darling." His father comments, patting his eldest son's back before wrapping his strong arms around his wife and leaving the room with regretful thoughts and pained hearts. 

December 2, 2004. 

 


"Master Tao?" Yi Xing questions, tapping against the wooden floor with his white gloves. His suit carefully ironed, hair styled neatly on the side and his posture up high. Upon hearing the hum of approval, he quickly enters the office with a tray of small crackers, cakes, and cups of tea. 

"It's my special brew of the day, Master Tao. Would you like to take a break?" Yi Xing dances his words across the room as Tao hums, gently resting his sketch pad onto the table in front of him and twirls his pencil in between his fingers. 

Lay quickly settles the tray against the table at the corner of the room, adjusting the cups on the tray as he pours his warm brew of tea. Settling the crackers and cakes onto the white plate he quickly makes his way towards his master. "Master Tao?" Yi Xing calls, settling the plate against the table and offering his master tea. 

"Yi Xing.." Tao hums, taking the tea as he slowly sips it, his lips hovering over the rim of the cup as he blows; the steam flying against the air. 

"What is it master Tao?" 

"Prepare the room, Sehun will be visiting tonight." 

"Very well, Master Tao." 

Yi Xing bows as he quickly exits the room and quickly makes his way towards his master's bedroom. 

"Such a young boy to be experiencing these types of things..." Yi Xing sighs, adjusting his white gloves a he enters his master's bedroom. 

 

December 3, 2004 12:00

 

"Master Tao, the room is ready." Yi Xing bows as Tao raises his arms; indicating of being carried. "Very well, Master Tao." Yi Xing swiftly makes his way towards his master, taking the little boy into his arms as he carries him out of the room and down the hall. Humming the familiar tone his mother used to sing him, Tao prepares himself. 

"Yi Xing.." Tao whispers as Yi Xing stops his steps and looks towards his master; a smile on his face. 

"Prepare... I can feel that he's angry." 

Yi Xing nods his head, plants a soft kiss on his master's forehead as he walks down the halls of the dungeon and enters his master's bedroom. 

"Do well.. Master Tao.. I'll be upstairs and I'll come get you in the morning." Yi Xing gently places Tao onto the bed, bows and quickly makes his way out of the bedroom. Turning down the hall, he takes the lantern, turns off the ceiling lights and slowly makes his upstairs. 

He hears screaming in the distance. 

December 3, 2004. 3:00 AM 

 

"Sehun.." Tao calls, crossing his tiny legs as the pale man stands before him. His eyebrows raised, arms crossed against his chest as he stared down at the little boy.

"Tao, you seem taller." The pale male leans against the wall, staring at the young boy in front of him. 

"I've grown.. Sehun.." Tao comments leaning back onto the bed as he stairs up at the ceiling. "What are you doing here?" Tao questions, unfolding his legs as he relaxes on his king sized bed, he notices Sehun's presence approaching. 

"I'm here... To see my toy obviously." Sehun yanks on Tao's thin arm, landing his on the bed as he settles Tao on his lap. "Am I not allowed to do that.. Tao?" Sehun questions and Tao could feel the hatred in his words. 

"Tao, would you like to knowwhat happened to me today?" Sehun hums, running his hand down Tao's petite back as he wraps his arms tightly around his waist. Tao gulps as he stares down at the wooden floor, fidgeting his fingers as he nods his head. "Why not."

"Today.." Sehun starts tightening his hold on Tao as he rests his chin on his head. "Someone took something from me, isn't that awful Tao?" Sehun sighs, taping his foot on the floor as the sounds echo across the room; he smirks as he notices the flinch that the little boy in his lap made. 

"T..That is, what did they take?" Tao askes innocently, keeping his eyes on the floor as he refuses to stare up at the monster who holds him. "That's something that you don't need to know. " Sehun clicks his tongue. 

"Taozi baby, do you like people taking things from you?" Sehun questions as Tao keeps his head low; shaking his head. "I..I don't" He curses for stuttering and feeling so weak. 

"Tao, do you know who you are? Do you know who you belong too?" Tao flinches as he feels the dark aura that surrounds Sehun, he felt the goosebumps appear on his skin, the hair that stands at the back of his neck as he looks up at the man who held him dearly. 

Tao gulps, he stares wide eyes at the dark eyes that look down upon him. He notices the furrow brows, his lips pressed in a fine line as he could feel himself shrink into a tiny ball. Scared at the monster before him.

"I.." Tao starts, he feels Sehun shift.

"I am Tao.. Oh Zi Tao...." Tao continues, swallowing the lump in his throat as he continues to stare the dark orbs that sink him in. He gets lost and he feels like those dark orbs are consuming him within. His souls is slowly fading away.

"And I belong to Oh Sehun.."

The Monster