Chapter 22

An Ancient Love Story

"Oh it hurts." Sun Ho opened his heavy eyelids. His mind was very confused, his body was shivering from cold. Sun Ho felt that he was buried underneath thick layers of snow and the freezing coldness woke him up.

"It is my chamber? How did I end up here?" Sun Ho's head still hurt but he recalled that the last place that he was at, was the cherry blossom garden after the Royal ritual. Sun Ho slowly sat up on his bed and saw the layers of bedsheet covering his body. Looking at the faint light emitting from the screen next to his bed, he deduced that it was getting late but he had no idea of the time. Sun Ho lifted off the bedsheet and walked out of his chambers onto the veranda. Seeing the orange skies, it was probably evening time but there was no one here.

"Where is everyone?" Sun Ho's head was still spinning and he felt exhausted. Sun Ho could not remember how he reached his chambers when he was still in the garden. He recalled that he was feeling uncomfortable and subsequently,...... Sun Ho could not recall what happened after that. Sun Ho was wearing his thin inner robe as he walked into his garden. Though the evening breeze was messing up his hairs and was chilling to the bones, Sun Ho did not wish to return to his chambers. He would rather stood out in the garden and enjoy the freezing breeze. Sun Ho like this torturing feeling which alleviated some of the pain in his heart.

Sun Ho walked barefooted on the withered leaves that covered the ground, aimlessly and he smelled a faint cherry blossom fragrance. "How strange, it will be winter soon and how is that I detect flower scent at this season?" Sun Ho searched around and he suddenly saw the most spectacular scenary in front of him. His garden was bursting with cherry blossom, in shades of pink and white against the light orange sunset. It was a breathe taking sight for Sun Ho. It took a long time  for Sun Ho to come to his sense, wondering how on earth that such thing could happen.

"Isn't it magnificent?" Junjin's silhouette appeared in the midst of the cherry blossoms. He blended into the scenary perfectly in his white robe.

"This is not the time for blossom, why...." Sun Ho's large eyes stopped at the sihouette and anticipating the handsome face to show up.

"Don't you like to view cherry blossom? Else you would not have fallen asleep there? Well, I made them bloom for you and so, do you like it?" Junjin smiled lovingly and he was pleased to see the surprise look on Sun Ho's face which suggested that Sun Ho loved the view.

"You brought me back?" Sun Ho was surprised that he did not sense him at all.

"If it is not me, who else?" Junjin walked out and came near to Sun Ho. Junjin bumped into Sun Ho at the garden and he thought something had happened to Sun Ho. His first thought was that he had lost Sun Ho. When he came close, he realized that Sun Ho was in deep slumber althought his position was a bit weird. Junjin was glad that Sun Ho merely dozed off.

"What are you wearing only a thin layer of clothing?" Junjin felt Sun Ho's cold body and began to pull Sun Ho to him but Sun Ho pushed his hands away.

"Sun Ho?" Junjin was puzzled at Sun Ho's behaviour. Just last night, Sun Ho consented him to feed on his blood which meant that he accepted him. What happen now?

"Don't you dare touch me again!" Sun Ho hissed, turned and walked up the veranda quickly. Sun Ho remembered the incident when Junjin tried to hug him. Sun Ho remembered how Junjin hugged that woman in the same way as well. Sun Ho could not fathom what they did subsequently and he did want to think about it.

"Why are you like this?" Junjin blocked Sun Ho's way. He looked down at Sun Ho with a worried look. "Are you unwell?" Junjin held Sun Ho's hand and sensed a strange pulse in his body. Junjin tighten his grip over Sun Ho's wrist in order to check on the unusual pulse but Sun Ho withdrew his hand abruptly.

"Don't touch me. Do you hear what I say earlier? Don't ever touch me again!" Sun Ho yelled at Junjin and briskly walked to his chambers. Sun Ho felt Junjin chasing after him and he flunged some paper cuttings at Junjin. The paper cutting turned into 4 to 5 ferocious creatures, growling at Junjin.

"Sun Ho, what is the meaning of this?" Junjin was angry. He could not understand why Sun Ho was being so hostile towards him as if they were arch enemies.

" You better keep your distance from me. I have promise the Emperor that I will take your life within 3 days. This will be your outcome if you come near me again!" Sun Ho yelled with tears flowing down his cheeks. Sun Ho felt so hurt that he was flirting with another woman and cheated him. He did not know how to deal with his pain whenever he saw Junjin's face. Hence, Sun Ho believed that the best thing was to stop seeing Junjin.

"You really wish to see me dead? Is that what you really wish? Fine, i grant your request!"