CH 9: christmas promise

We Got Married || EXO Edition
 s t o r y [ OO7 ] - chapter image 

chapter nine; 

                christmas promise

bird_divider.gif

» Cheonggyecheon River: Kairi

   

Sora aimed her cameara towards the river, "Wow it's so pretty!" She was so excited about her surrondings, she didn't notice Kai chuckle behind her. The couple were on another date, but this time it was a special occasion. Not only was it almost Christmas, but light snow fell to the ground just for this day. "I can't believe I didn't come here earlier." Sora turned the camera around so that it was facing her. Today Sora brought her min-camera to film some stuff for her vlog. 

  

"Hey guys... so this view is amazing. I'll show you..." She turned slightly, hoping to get the view completly around her. The snow sticked to her hair, but she did care. Sora loved the snow. "Oppa come her." Sora grabbed the end of Kai's jacket sleeve and pulled him closer to get to the camera. Kai leaned his head closer to Sora's but then winked for some reason, "Hi everyone...  sorry I got some snow in my eyes." He smiled. 

"Oppa do that again, let's take a photo." Sora gave a peace sign while Kai winked at the cameara again. The two stayed like that for a minute then Sora realized something, "Wait... I can't take pictures when I'm recording..." 

  

Kai stopped looking at the camera and looked at Sora's face, he giggled a bit. Sometimes Sora could forget the smallest of things, despite her mature aura and appearance. "Let's walk around Chrisitne-ssi." He suggested. Sora nodded and waved bye to the camera, "Bye, till next time everyone." She closed her mini-camera and placed it into her giant black purse. One of the down sides of winter was the fact that it would be extremely difficult to dress cute for a date, but Sora manages pretty fine. Her outfit wasn't showy, but cute enough.

"Alright let's go." Sora smiled as Kai guided the way down to where the river actually was. Walking down the steps, Sora held onto the cold iron bar to make sure she wouldn't fall. Kai noticed, but he wasn't sure if he should hold her hand or not. Before he could take action, both were already on the bottom of the stairs. 

"It's prettier down here than up there..." Sora gasped as she looked up to all the lights. Kai looked up also, "It really is..."

The two walked slowly near the river, people past by them but most were couples. No one was stupid like the two idols who decided to go to the river during the winter. "Jongin-oppa, you're concert is this Saturday isn't it?" Sora asked hoping to break the silence.

Kai nodded, "Yeah, a whole week long." Kai and the rest of SM were having their offical SMTOWN week in a couple of days, which meant that Kai wouldn't be able to meet up with Sora for awhile.

"Ah... Are you excited?" Sora examined Kai's face. The older boy smiled and nodded happily, "It's the one time all of SM gets to perform together, so I'm super pumped. I've been practicing nonstop." 

Sora giggled, "It sounds a lot of fun..." She paused for a bit, "I'm sorry I can't be there to see it though." 

Kai shook his head, "No it's okay. I completly understand, you're visiting your family after all." He smiled at her. Although he hated the fact he wouldn't be able to see Sora for a bit, both were busy so it was explainable, not some lame excuse.

Sora brushed some of her hair behind her right ear, "Thanks for understanding, I haven't seen my family since I came to Korea. Which is about... 2 years ago." She lifted up two fingers, "But enough about that, let's talk about something else." She smiled, wanting to move onto a different topic.

The two walked side by side, talking about the most randomest thing that come to their minds. The camera crew that was following behind them just continued to film, but it seemed like some of the conversation would be cutted to make the show actually more... interesting. 

Sora was explaining about her younger siblings and how they would always try to annoy her when she was younger. "They loved to bug me." She sighed from her past, "But sometimes they can be cute... especially when they hold my hand whenever we went out." Sora examined her left hand and smiled, "I really do miss them."

Kai stared at Sora's expression, she looked so longing for someone to just reach over and hold her hand, "Well I can't replace your family... but I can do this." He reached out his hand and was about to grab Sora's left hand, but then hesitated. "It is alright if I...? You know... Hold your hand?" He stuttered on his words. Sure he's held Sora's hand at least once when they were ice skating, but this moment was different. They didn't need the excuse of ice skating to hold hands. 

Sora bit her bottom lip and nodded slowly, "I don't mind..." Her voice came out so soft that Kai almost didn't hear her. But he got the message. Kai covered his hand over Sora's and held it lightly. The couple, hand-in-hand, both walked the pathway with smiles on their faces.

Kai had the most biggest and silliest smile that Sora's has ever seen him do. He just couldn't stop smiling! The older boy couldn't glance at Sora for the fear of looking like a big fool. As for Sora, she was smiling, but she covered her blushing face with her free hand so that Kai wouldn't see. But her eyes were smiling and that was enough for Kai.

"Oppa... my hands are get sweaty." Sora stated. She always knew how to kill a romantic moment.

Kai looked at their hands, "Will this help?" He let go of her hand for a split second, but then intertwined his fingers with hers.

 

"That doesn't help at all... it fact it makes it more sweaty." Sora said bluntly, her face was red. Kai ignored what she said, "Cold you say? Okay." He stuffed their locked hands into his jacket pocket and just walked on.

Sora laughed, "Oppa, you're not listenting to me." She naturally hit the older boy's shoulder. Kai continued to hold onto Sora's hand, "I am listening, but I like holding your hand." He said with all the courage he could muster up. Today would be the only time Kai was going to see Sora for over 2 weeks and he was going to make the best of it.

Sora blinked, "O-Okay..." She finally gave in, getting quiet for a bit. "I-I.... me too... I like holding your hand too...." Sora grabbed the collar of her jacket and covered the bottom half of her face.

Kai just smiled, that stupid big smile that he did earlier. "Is it better than holding your siblings hand?" 

Sora revealed her face and gave a small smile, "It's a close first." 

The couple looked liked their were pulled out of a movie, with their smiling faces and holding hands. But for Kai, it was the best feeling in the world. He usually didn't get the time to relax and just walk around... especially with a pretty girl. For this moment in time Kai was able to rewind before the flood of work would come in. He shook his head, not wanting to think of work.

They walked down the path for another 20 minutes until Sora came to a stop. She pulled her hand out of Kai's grasp, which caused Kai to turn around and face her. "Something wrong?" He asked, worried that maybe he went to far with the hand holding.

Sora shook her head, "No, come her oppa." She pulled the sleeve of Kai's jacket one more time so he would be standing in front of her. Kai stood silent in front of Sora as she looked through her black purse for something.

"Since we can't celebrate Christmas together... and you have a concert to go too..." Sora looked through her bag furiously, "Aish where is it?" 

Kai placed his hand in his jacket pocket and felt the object he was looking for. If Sora was doing what he thinking she was going to do, he came prepared then.

"Found it." Sora pulled out a red box with a gold ribbon tied around it. "I didn't know what you wanted... and since you have that concert... I got you somethings that maybe you could use during the performances..." She trailed on holding the red box.

Kai smiled, "I'm sure whatever it is, I will like it." He took the box and started to open it. Before Kai could pick up the things in the box, Sora started to do it.

"Um the towel is for when you're tired and need to wipe off your face." Sora pointed to the white and black embroidered hanky. "And the pink mittens are for when you get cold, the black leather glove is for when you perform... well if you can wear it. Your outfit might be black... and the studded necklace goest with the glove..." She finally finished talking.

"There's also a card... since this gift is so random..." Sora looked to the ground.

Kai picked up the hanky and examined it, there was an image of cute wolf giving off peace sign. He looked at the other items and smiled, "I promise to wear these at the concert. This is awesome Christine-ssi." Kai smiled at the girl.

Sora bit her lip, "Are you sure?"

Kai nodded, "I really like it. Thank you." He grabbed her hand and squeezed it. Sora look at her hand, "You should read the card... You're actual gift is in there."

Kai raised an eyebrow and let go of Sora's hand. At the bottom of the box was a cute Christmas card of Olaf, a character from the movie Frozen. It stated, "Some people are worth melting for." A reference to the movie.

Kai opened the card and read the personal message that was in Sora's hand writing:

"Oppa sorry if this gift seems so simple. I'll get you something better soon, but for now enjoy these items for now.... hehe. Thank you for everything so far in our 'marriage' and I hope it will be even better for the new year. Your real gift is coming right now... 010-XXX-XXXX. Love, Your weirdo yobo Christine."

Kai stared at the number written in the message, "Is this your phone number?" He pointed to it to clarify. If this was a joke Kai could of died right then and there.

Sora nodded, "It is oppa." She giggled, "It's a lame Christmas gift huh?"

Kai shook his head, "No... not at all... I... We... I like it, a lot." He put the card away into the box and grabbed Sora's hand again. "I'll contact you as soon as possible."

Sora scatched her nose and smiled, "It's so we can keep in contact over the next two weeks." She giggled. Her face was now beating red and she didn't care about hiding it.

Kai reached into his jacket pocket and took out the object he was hiding. "I also have something for you."

Sora saw the ring box in Kai's hand and opened wide, "Oppa..."

Kai opened up the box and showed it to Sora, there were two tiny silver bands, small enough to fit on the pinky. "I can't afford the real thing... but I hope these are enough." Kai took out one band and slipped it onto Sora's right pinky finger. It was a perfect fit.

Sora touched the ring and took the other ring from the box. "On the pinky right..?" She grabbed Kai's right hand.

"Yeah..."

She slipped the ring on and giggled, "It actually fits... but oppa... why the pinky?" Sora lifted up her pinky.

Kai lifted up his pinky and locked Sora's pinky with his. Sora got the hint, "A promise..." 

"Yeah... Merry Christmas Christine." Kai said suddenly, not thinking about anything else. 

Sora and Kai's fingers were still locked. "Merry Christmas Jongin-oppa. I promise for a great new year."

Kai shook their pickies, "I promise to be a better husband." 

The two giggled, unlocked fingers, but Kai grabbed Sora's hand and just continued to walk on till both had to leave one another.

-----

INTERVIEW

Q1: You were recording... but couldn't take a picture...

Sora smiled and bent over in embarrassment, "I do that sometimes for my video channel so my fans can see what I'm up too... plus I wanted to take a picture with Jongin-oppa, but my camera can't take pictures while recording." She laughed, "I should get that fixed.

Q2: You're wife was recording...

Kai just smiled, "She's really cute when talking to her fans, so I don't mind."

Q3: You will not see each other for a while...

K: He was quite for a moment, just staring blankly at the ground. "Yeah... it's because I'm so busy and the fact that Christine-ssi also has family." He sighed, "I'm starting to miss her... even if we were together at that moment." He laughed at his silly statement.

S: She slighly pouted and nodded slowly, "He was an important concert to go to, which I won't be able to go. I wish I could go though!" Sora looked at her hand, where her ring was, but camera didn't show it. "Is it bad to miss someone so much...?" She giggled, cover her face.

Q4: Hand holding...

S: She let out a small groan and hid her face. "Aigoo... I wasn't expecting him to act that way." She lifted up her hand. "My hand got so sweaty that it could have burn. He kept on holding it, even if I complained... but I'm not complaining about that anymore."

K: "At first I just wanted to hold her hand like this..." Kai demonstrated with his hands, "But then she said that her hands were sweaty... then I thought of the times she said something that killed the mood." He smiled, "So I just ignored her and held her hand tighter."

Q5: The gifts...

S: "I'm usuallly really good at picking out gifts, but for some reason it was different picking out gifts for oppa... maybe because he is my husband... So I gave him my number instead." She fanned herself with the hand with the ring on it, "Then he gives me this..." Sora lifted up her pinky finger to show the ring. "I felt really touched... it's really cute."

K: "She thought the gifts were horrible, but I really liked them. Usually during concerts fans throw gifts at us like headbands and things, but I've never went on stage from a gift from someone else so close to me. I thought what she gave me was smart... Christine-ssi must of thought a lot about it." Kai smiled, "But the best part was her number..." He admitted. "The couple rings were just a bonus from this whole thing..." He got serious, "I wanted to give this huge speech about I would promise to make us closer, but when she smiled... I lost all train of thought." 

bird_divider.gif

 AUTHOR'S NOTES 
Yay! Kairi Christmas Date! Since this story is at least written a month behind actual events I couldn't write a Christmas chapter on Christmas... but oh well~ I hope you guys enjoy reading these chapters, because as of right now I have 21 subscribers! I know that doesn't sound a lot but for me who thought I would only get like 5 subscribers, it means so much. Thank you and keep on reading :)