CH 8: surprise!

We Got Married || EXO Edition
 s t o r y [ OO7 ] - chapter image 

chapter eight; 

                surprise!

bird_divider.gif

» Filming of 'Miracles of December' Music Video

  
  

Kai got up from the bed with the tiny little puppy in his hands, "Poor girl... sorry you had to go through that." He gently the head of the puppy. After enduring almost an 1 hour of just trying film his segment of the video, the little poodle was staring to get tired of being on set and literally man-handled... at least Kai was gently enough with the poor puppy. The only problem Kai had was the fact that the poor girl had to suffer more hours till filiming was done. 

Kai walked off the set and gave the puppy to the dog trainer, "Please fed her, she's been growling for the past 30 minutes." The trainer bowed and listened to Kai's request. Once the dog left Kai's hand he walked to his resting bench and sighed. The group have been filming for almost 3 hours already they haven't even finished a third of the actual video. "It's that damn director..." Kai cursed. Usually he wouldn't be so wilded up, but the condition of the dog just angered him.

Luhan collapsed right next Kai and leaned his head back. "I thought I would never say this... but I tired of closing boxes..." The older boy had to redo his scene at least 10 times because the director by qoute, "Luhan-ssi, you're not closing the lid graceful enough." Luhan closed his eyes shut. "Graceful my ..." Kai was surprised from Luhan's statement, but he understood his frustration. 

"This filming is even harder then the Growl shooting... which is stupid." Kai patted Luhan's shoulder, "We can get through it hyung." Luhan leaned his head on Kai's shoulder, "I really need a pickmeup..." Luhan was so tired he couldn't even open his eyes. Kai just nodded, then a loud grumble came from his stomach. "Sorry... I'm super hungry..."

Luhan managed to laugh, "To bad there's no food... or anything to make us feel better... Hey hyung can you give me my cellphone." Luhan asked the manager, who gave the member his phone. "You recieved a message by the way."

Kai looked at Luhan, "From who?"

Luhan wiped his phone case open and saw that he indeed got a text message from earlier this morning, and it was from a certain someone. "It's from Clara." Luhan sat up straight and read the the message:

"Morning oppa~ Hope your music video filming is going well, make sure to work hard and eat well hehe :)"

Luhan grew the biggest smile that Kai has seen him do all day. "Has she texted you before?" Kai asked. Luhan nodded, "Yeah, the day after I gave her my number she texted this..." Luhan show Kai the previous message from Clara.

"Before I forget, hi oppa! It's Clara, have a good day and make sure to not overwork yourself."

Luhan just smiled from reading the messages. Honestly it's been Clara's concerned messages that have him at least doing okay during this hectic week of filming and the new mini-album. "She says she at texting yet she manages to send messages like this." 

Kris then came out of nowhere and punched Luhan in the shoulder. "Ow! What was that for?" Luhan rubbed his wounded area. Kris huffed, "You don't have to rub it in..." He EXO-M leader's eyes were so tired that he looked as if he was glaring at the two other members. "You're pickmeup is your girl." 

Luhan bit his lip and giggled nervously, "I guess..." Kai sighed, jealous at Luhan's text from his 'wife'. "Are all the members done with their segments for the video?" Luhan asked hoping to change the subject.

Kris shrugged, "'I don't know... hopefully soon. Suho is talking with manager-hyung and the director to give us a long necessary break." 

Luhan and Kai nodded. They knew the Suho may be the mommy of the group, but if someone could convince two business people it was Suho. After awhile, all the members managed to finish their own segments. Baekhyun, Chen, and D.O were in the worst moods, each avoiding talking at all. The members just sat on the benches and looked through their phones, each just trying to relax. Suho managed to give the group a 1 hour break, but that meant a longer filming time. No cared, they needed to relax before someone killed the director.

Luhan was the only one of the members to be in an alright mood. He replied to Clara's message with:

"It wasn't morning when I saw your message hehe. Filming isn't going so well... and I'm sorry baobei. I haven't ate yet :(" 

Luhan waited for a reply, then he phoned dinged.

"I figured you were busy, but not eating at all? That won't do. Deary look at the front entrance."

Luhan wasn't sure to what Clara was talking about, until Kai tapped his shoulder. "Hyung look..." He pointed to behind Luhan. The older boy turned around to see Clara and Sora near the entrance of the building. Both girls have huge bags filled up in their hands. Clara managed to wave slightly with one green bag on her shoulder, "Surprise~" Her voice came out small, almost like a mouse. She only got like that when she was nervous or shy.

The boys got up from the benches and walked towards the two girls. Kai walked faster then the others to get to Sora first, "W-What are you doing here?" 

Sora shyly smiled, "Umm, food." She raised one of the bags up. Kai looked at Sora. She was dressed cutely once again, but it was at least suitable for the cold weather outside.

But at this moment Sora was struggling with the bags. "Guys help the girls." Kai ordered the group. He took the one bag that Sora was holding up and he got rewarded with a wide smile. "Thanks oppa." Sehun and Tao took the extra two bags in Sora's other hand. "Thank you." She smiled, realived to finally let go of the heavy bags.

Clara, the stubborn one, was holding at least two bags on each hand. "Why are you carrying so much stuff?" Luhan took all the bags from Clara's hand, before any of the members helped her. Clara flexed her fingers and smiled, "Well someone had to hold the extra bag." She giggled. Luhan examined his 'wife's' condition. He could see that some of hair was sticking to her face, even if it was cold outside. And her outfit didn't help either. Even if Clara was wearing a thick sweater she was once again sticking to fashion, so she wore a skirt with just boots.

"Please sit down." Xiumin gestured both of the girls to the bleachers. Sora and Clara bowed slightly at Xiumin and went to sit down, the boys followed along like ducklings. Clara tried to grab one of the bags from Luhan's grip, but the boy jerked his arm back. "You are not carrying these again." Clara pushed Luhan lightly, "Oppa, I need to empty this bag out. Please everybody sit down." She told the other boys. All 12 members squished onto the bleachers, "Crap we need a table... I'll be-"

"I'll get it!" Baekhyun and Kris said in union with their hands raised, both went away real quick to get a table and both came back with two tables. "Thank you." Clara and Sora answered both in English. Clara just laughed and sweetly patted Sora's shoulder. Kai and Luhan exchanged glances, who knew their wives were friends. 

Once the table were set, Luhan place the 4 bags onto the table as so did Kai, Sehun, and Tao. "You said you brought food...?" Tao asked casually towards Sora. 

Sora nodded, "We brought toppoki, mando, rice, and gogi." She said as Clara started to unload the bags. In one bag was a portable grill cooker. "That was what you were carrying?" Kai pointed to the grill. Sora simply nodded, "Yeah... it wasn't that heavy." She lied.

"Not heavy... really?" Kai chuckled, which was the first that day.

"We figured you guys would be starving for filming... and I guess we were right." Clara finally emptied the last of the contents of all the bags. She flicked her hair so that her hair was out of her way. The boys just stared in awe at Clara and Sora. These two girls brought all this food, carried it all the way up to their set, and were now about to prepare a real meal. 

"Y-You guys didn't have to do all this..." Suho stated.

Clara smiled, "It's not we had too, it's that we wanted to. Now let's get eating! Dig in boys~" 

The members didn't need to be told twice. Chen opened up the packages and the smell of glorious food filled the air. Sora started up the grill and put the meat on it. The sizzle was like joy to the boys' ears. Clara was opening up more packages and noticed Luhan staring at her. "What?" She asked.

Luhan shook his head, "Just... thank you." He the back of Clara's head and lingered near her neck. Clara felt her face getting 3 times redder, "U-Uh it wasn't all me.. Sora helped a lot. She ordered most of this stuff... I just carried." She was looking anywhere but Luhan's face.

"Wait... how much did this all cost?" Kai looked to Sora. 

The girl was focused on the meat, but just shrugged. "It doesn't matter oppa. Just eat and enjoy." She placed the finished meat on a big plate. The boys attacked the plate with their chopsticks. 

Everybody was so busy eating the big meal that hardly anyone talked. Though the mama of group was the first to speak up, "Sora-ssi, this is the second time you brought us food. Thank you." Suho bowed in his seat. Sora just blushed and waved her hands, "L-Like I said it's no problem."

"And Clara-ssi," Xiumin spoke up, "Thank you for treating us."

Clara almost coughed on her topokki, "Think of it as a present from your performance... and trust me it was rather this or my real cooking... and that isn't so good." She managed to make some of the members smile. "Now please, enough thank yous... my face is going to turn redder than this topokki sauce." Clara hid her face with her hair and continued to eat. 

The members quietly glance at Luhan and Kai, their faces read "You're wives are amazing." Kai chuckled, he picked up his last piece of meat and fed it to Sora. Sora at first was shock to see Kai feeding her but she shyly took the bite.

"Aigoo, keep the lovey dovey stuff to yourself." Chen complained.

Sora covered in an act of shyness. Clara put her arm around Sora in some for of comfort, "You're just jealous Chen-ssi." She laughed while shifting side to side with Sora in her grasp. The younger girl uncovered and started to fan herself. 

"Of course we're jealous. Both to these guys have such beautiful wives." Kris pointed to Sora and Clara with his chopsticks. Clara hit her face behind Luhan's face and giggled. Luhan patted Clara's arm, "You guys will have your chance one day." Luhan said hopefully to s. Clara showed her face once again and was fanning herself, "Aigoo what me and Chris do to be  good wives." She ruffled her bangs out of habit.

In that moment the members were able to see the differences between the two young ladies. Sora was definitely was more shy one, while as Clara was more out-spoken even making conversation with the other members. "You're really talkative Clara-ssi." Sehun pointed out.

Clara nodded, "I've been told that by a certain someone." She pointed to her husband, "He told me that the first time we met." 

"Has we ever complimented you?" Chen started to question Clara. Luhan knew where this was going. The members were about to interagate the girls! And if Chen was leading, this was going to be bad.

"He calls me cute all the time." Clara answered.

Chen nodded, "Do you guys do a lot of skinship?"

Clara shrugged, "I think we do... well at least for a couple who just met." 

"What about you Sora-ssi?" Chen looked at Sora.

The younger girl looked a bit uncomfortable, but before Clara came to her rescue. Kai butted in, "Aigoo don't be like that. You watch the show, you know everything already." He was joking mostly, but one could tell that Kai didn't want anyone messing with his wife.

"Okay okay. Sorry Sora-ssi." Chen apologized. Sora smiled, "No it's okay, I can understand why you guys ask questions. But you shouldn't worry... you guys will get your own turn on this show."

Clara nodded in agreement, "That's true, then you will have to answer so many questions."

"Ah speaking of questions, Clara-ssi you still have to use your free question." Xiumin said,

Clara looked at Luhan, he looked a bit nervous, afraid of what question that Clara might ask. She smiled and turned to Xiumin, "What does Luhan say about me to you guys?" 

Luhan eyes widened towards Xiumin, "Please don't say anything!" His face seem to say. Only Xiumin was the one to hear Luhan's honest thoughts about Clara so the baozi was slightly smirking. 

"Luhan doesn't mention you a lot in the dorms," Xiumin started to talk. Clara slightly pouted but waited for Xiumin to finish. "But he gets really excited when he sees you perform on tv."

"There was this one time when we were watching Music Core and when you came on, Luhan came rushing to the living room after he just got done taking a shower." Chen chuckled, "He had his pants on backwards and his shirt was inside out."

The members laughed at the memory of that image of Luhan. Clara gave a teasing look to her husband, "Are they telling the truth?"

Luhan nodded, "Yes..." He sighed shyly and looked away. Clara's smile spread so wide on her face that her cheekbones stood like mountains. "Does he do that all the time?" 

Xiumin nodded, "All the time. He just sits there and watches you perform with the biggest smile on his face."

Luhan face just looked completly defeated, "It's not bad to watch performances..." He mumbled. Clara just looked at Luhan and offered a small smile, not saying anything. Luhan looked up from the ground and made eye contact with Clara a second. On camera the interaction might have been small, but to them it meant a whole lot more.

 

"How long is your break?" Sora asked, causing the other couples moment to be ruined. Kai checked his phone, "We only have 10 minutes till we have to start filming again..." He said disappointedly, "We should start cleaning up." 

"You're right, I don't want to be in your way when filming." Sora started to pick up empty plates. "We got it Sora-ssi. Kai and Luhan show the girls around the set before they have to go." Suho grabbed Sora's plates as did the others.

"Are you sure? I don't mind helping." Sora asked the leader. Sehun nodded, "It's the least we can do." He picked up Clara and Luhan's plate and then walked away to find a trash can.

"I guess a quick tour will be okay, Christine-ssi come with me." Kai placed his hand on Sora's back and pushed her along to show her the set. Clara and Luhan went in a different direction to allow the couple to be by themselves.

"I actually have someone I want you to meet." Kai smiled at Sora. 

"Who?" 

"You'll see." Sora just followed where Kai was pushing her too, not knowing who exactly she was about to met.

"Hyung! Can I see her now?" Kai asked the dog trainer. Sora was starting to get a bit jealous, "Who is this girl?" She crossed her arms. Kai laughed, "It's a girl, but not human." The dog trainer opened up the tiny kennel and Kai lifted the little puppy up.

"Oh she is so cute!" Sora gave out an uncharacteristic squeal. Kai held the puppy close to his chest so that made Sora come a little closer to pet the dog. "What's her name?" Sora used one finger to the puppy''s head. "I'm not sure, I just know it's a girl. Better not know her name before I get attached. I already have 3 of my own."

"You have dogs?" Sora didn't even know that. She glanced up at Kai, who's face seemed a bit closer than before. Kai smiled, "Yeah... Next time I'll let you meet them."

 

"I would like that." Sora softly said. She continued to pet the little animal in Kai's hands. The two stood close for a bit, not talking or els they might ruin the moment. 

On the other side of the music set at the same time, Clara was checking out the area where Luhan had to film his solo segment. "So let me get this straight. You had to close and open this box at least 10 times... because the director that it was ungraceful." The camera was aimed at them at the moment, so Clara spoke freely. "Well that's just stupid. At the rate you guys are going your going to filiming for another 6 hours." Clara knew the pains of filming a music video, but this was outrageous.

Luhan just sighed, "Yeah... but at least now we won't be starving thanks to you and Sora." He smled at Clara.

"It's no problem oppa." Clara patted Luhan's shoulder. She's been showing a lot of skinship today, but Luhan didn't mind. "Just work hard, rest enough, and before you know it the filming will be over." Suddenly Clara yawned but quicly closed .

Luhan pouted, "How about you? Have you been getting rest?" All this time Clara was worried about him and the members he didn't think about Clara till now. The younger girl just smiled, "I've been getting enough rest for a solo-artist in the KPOP world." Clara noticed the director coming towards them, "Guess it's time for me and Sora to leave." 

Luhan pouted once again, "Alright... it was nice seeing you. I really mean it." Clara looked away and blushed, "It was good seeing you too oppa." The couple walked back to the entrance where Sora and Kai were saying their goodbyes. "Ready to leave Carolyn?" Sora asked the approaching couple.

"Guess we have too before we get yelled at." Clara laughed. "Bye oppa, bye Kai-ssi." She waved off as so did Kai. The two girls walked out the doors leaving their husbands with saddened but satisified looks. "At least we got our pickmeup." Kai rubbed his neck.

Luhan shook his head, "I feel worse than I did before." It was true. For the brief moment that the girls were there all was happy and the air was uplifted from all the stress, but now that they were gone.... Luhan and Kai just felt a bit lonely. 

bird_divider.gif

 AUTHOR'S NOTES 
This is the longest chapter I've written so far and right now I don't feel like my fingers can handle typing any more. I had the interview written with some EXO members answering some questions and etc... but I hit the backspace by accident and yeah... The slight cussing in the beginning is to shed some light that making a music video can be hard and there