What the Hell?

Why Can't He Love Me?

It took about 20 minutes for Himchan to reach EXO’s dorm and when he did Suho let him in immediately. He took him to the living room, sat him down and asked him what was wrong because even though he was no longer crying, his eyeliner was still somewhat smudged, and his face was still stained with tears.

 

            “He found out…” Himchan mumbled under his breath and Suho looked at him confused before he figured out who the ‘he’ could be.

 

            “Do you mean Jongup? Wait hyung did he find out that you had a crush on him?! How?!”

 

            Himchan shook his head before saying “I don’t know. I told him that I wasn’t gay though”

 

            “Why would you say that? You should’ve just confessed by that point.”

 

            “You don’t understand Suho, he…he doesn’t like me. You should’ve seen the disgusted look on his face as he spoke to me, almost as if it disgusted him sitting that close to me. How could I confess when he looked like that?” Himchan asked as he rubbed at his once again watering eyes.

 

            “I’m sorry hyung. I know that you really liked him, but maybe it’s for the best. Dating within your own group could be bad y’know. What if you guys started dating and then broke up? Then there would be a lot of tension in the air and it would make the whole atmosphere of the group go sour so…”

 

            “I understand Suho, it probably was for the best. Plus he can do much better than me anyway. Someone that’s actually good looking with some kind of talent…”

 

            “Don’t talk like that hyung! How many times do I have to tell you that you’re gorgeous and that you wouldn’t be in that group if you didn’t have some kind of talent!” Suho yelled at Himchan. He hated when the older man started putting himself down but he also knew that Himchan would probably be in this depressing funk of his for a while now that he has been rejected by Jongup. Suho also hated the fact that EXO’s schedule would be picking up again and he wouldn’t have time to be there for his friend like he normally was and that’s when a brilliant idea popped into his mind.

 

            “Let’s go out tonight hyung!” Suho exclaimed and Himchan just stared at him.

 

            “Are you serious? The last thing I want to do right now is go out.”

 

            “It will be good for you. We’re not going to a club or anything but let’s just go to a nice bar, have a few drinks, and get your mind off of this whole situation. What do you say?”

 

            Himchan ran the idea through his mind a couple of times and figured it would be better than going back to his dorm and seeing Jongup, so reluctantly he agreed to go out with his friend and he had a reason to be reluctant too.

 

When they got to the bar it was fine at first. Suho was ordering drinks for the both of them and slowly Himchan was able to take his mind off of Jongup. The alcohol just seemed to be washing away all of his worries. Suho and he were laughing about some stupid story that Suho was telling when someone walked over to them. Suho quickly got off of his barstool to hug the person before introducing them to Himchan.

 

“Hyung, this is my friend Choi Minki. I don’t know if you know him but he’s in that group…”

 

“Nu’est,” Himchan said cutting Suho off and making sure to send a glare Suho’s way before greeting the younger male in front of him. He hated when Suho did this. He knew his friend meant well but he didn’t want to be set up with someone.

 

“Hello Himchan-ssi,” Minki said as he nervously bowed down to Himchan and Himchan waved his hand to try and dismiss all of the formalities.

 

“Please, just call me hyung. Don’t be so formal with me,” Himchan said and he definitely noticed the slight blush spread across Minki’s cheeks and he felt like slapping himself for giving the younger boy false hope. He just didn’t want the atmosphere to turn all tense from Minki being so formal with him when not too long ago he and Suho were relaxing and laughing over drinks.

 

“Ok…Himchan hyung,” Minki said as he looked down and moved a long piece of blond hair behind his ear. Himchan shook his head as he motioned for the bartender to make him another drink while Minki sat between them.

 

He tried to bring the mood back up and started asking Minki about himself as well as trying to tell old stories about stupid he and Suho has done in the past., but soon Suho looked at his phone and told them that he “had to go,” but Himchan knew that Suho didn’t have to do that night and was just trying to give him and the blond male some “alone time.” So he downed another shot before turning his gaze to meet Minki’s expectant one.

 

“So, I guess we should go too. You probably have a schedule tomorrow right?” Himchan asked but the boy shook his head.

 

“Well your members are probably worried about you. Come, let me walk you home.” Normally Himchan wouldn’t offer to walk any of the guys Suho tries to hook him up with home, because they’re men, they can handle themselves but Minki was so effeminate that Himchan felt guilty letting him walk back by himself so late at night, even though the boy could probably still handle himself, but it made him feel better to simply take him home.

 

Suho had already covered the tab before he left so Himchan didn’t have to worry about that as he took Minki’s hand and walked with him out of the bar. Minki was stumbling a bit as they walked to his dorm, or at least the direction Himchan thought his dorm was in, but soon they had to turn around because Himchan was unable to get a straight answer from Minki on where his dorm was and Suho wasn’t answering his phone. So that left Himchan with no other choice but to bring Minki to his dorm.

 

Which was something way easier said than done, because not only was the walk hard enough to the point that Himchan had to give Minki a piggy back ride, but when they got to the dorm he had tried his best to sneak Minki in. Himchan had never brought anyone back to the dorm that wasn’t Suho or a couple of other friends, but he had definitely never come back this late at night with someone. Once they were in the doorway Himchan helped Minki take his shoes off before removing his own. As he stood up and turned around to help Minki up, he felt a pair of slim arms wrap around his neck followed by a pair of lips on top of his own.

 

“Hyung are you back? I heard the door close and I wanted to talk about what happened…earlier.” Jongup paused and Himchan quickly pushed Minki off of him when he recognized Jongup’s voice near.

 

“Oh…I didn’t know you had company. We can talk in the morning. G’night hyung,” Jongup quickly said before retreating to his room and Himchan let out a frustrated sigh as Minki started to kiss exposed pieces of skin on Himchan’s neck. Yet all Himchan could think of was Jongup and how he would explain this to him in the morning.

 

Of all people, you had to be the one to find me in this position. 

 


Shh...yes I know I haven't updated this since November 30th 2013, but it hasn't been dropped, I just...been lazy also this story was on my external hard drive and never got moved to my new computer so i sort of forgot about it. anyway short chapter but I just typed this up super quick. so enjoy 

Ah also Minki is Ren, from Nu'est. You know the really cute blonde boy he's not blonde anymore but yea. I'm too lazy to add a picture but that's who he is.