IX Ready to Remember

The Happy Ending

For the next few days, Jiyong tried to go further with his investigations between working on his upcoming album and producing songs for his label mates. So far, all he was sure of is the following:

 

1. Dara and Ji Na seems to have known each other before they were introduced recently.

2. Ji Na surely knows the real reason why Dara broke up with him.

3. For some reason, Dara seems to be angry with Ji Na when they saw them talking.

4. The two are pretending they didn't know each other well since Jiyong never saw them together again after that time in the coffee shop.

 

The facts seemed to complicate things more, but at least he knew that if he really can't get his answers from Dara, Ji Na can help him with that. For now, he still needs to observe the two more. They are obviously keeping something from everyone else. At first he thought maybe Chaerin was in on the plan, but when he noticed that he seemed to know more than her, he rested his case. So in the end, he tried to accept that only the two are in on the secret. Accepting it doesn't help with his questions, however. He was really dying to know what secret this two shared. He also knew that solving this mystery is the only way for him and Dara to get off from where they left behind.

 

To serve as a grace period for Ji Na, President Yang assigned her to be co-manager with 2NE1 for the meantime since their comeback is coming to a near. That day, he was told that the girls were about to shoot their music video for the new song. Taking the opportunity as being able to observe Dara and Ji Na more, he decided to make a surprise visit to the set.

 

He arrived pretty early on set since everybody was still setting up and the girls were still getting ready in the dressing room. In order to not look too obvious, he brought snacks for all the staff and picked up around ten to bring with him to the dressing room. Inside, he saw how everyone was so busy fixing the girls. Two make-up artists were still working on Minzy and Bom, CL's hair was getting final touches, and Dara was nowhere to be found which led him to the conclusion that she was still dressing up. The girls greeted him right away when they saw him, surprised at his sudden visit. He placed the snacks he brought on the center table and sat on the couch in front of it. He took note that Ji Na was with CL as usual, proving that the two of them are the closest these days.

 

Dara suddenly emerged from the changing room wearing a white top and skirt. What surprised Jiyong was her blonde hair, almost the same color as he usually had. It obviously fit her image well since it made her a lot younger and so much prettier. She was indeed a goddess sent to earth from heaven. Awestruck by this new look of Dara, Jiyong couldn't help but gawk at her while the stylists give finishing touches to her look. He didn't know she dyed her hair. He remembered seeing her the other day and her hair was still brown then. For sure, he was surprised. But he really likes this. She really does look very beautiful.

 

 A staff member suddenly came in and called for CL to start the MV shoot. CL stood up and followed the staff, while Ji Na sat down beside Jiyong. She has noticed since earlier how he couldn't keep his eyes off of Dara.

 

"She's really beautiful, isn't she?"

 

Jiyong just looked at her and smiled, then got up and went to Bom to talk with her. Unknown to him, Dara was slightly panicking with his sudden appearance. She didn't remember any of the girls inviting him to the MV shoot, so why was he here? Or maybe he was just visiting Ji Na. This was her first job, after all.

 

Wanting to get out of there since Jiyong proves to be very distracting for her, she headed out immediately after the stylist was done fixing her look. She stood behind the staff and watched while they were filming CL's solo parts. Actually, she was thinking about Jiyong. He seems to be everywhere nowadays and it really isn't helping her because she's missing him more than she should. Deep in thought, she didn't notice how Jiyong followed her out.

 

"Hey," he whispered on her ear, which made her really surprised she almost slipped in her high heels. Thankfully, Jiyong grabbed both her arms to keep her from falling.

 

"You really shouldn't sneak up on people, you know." She said in between nervous laughs. Her heart was pounding real quick with the sudden touch of their skins.

 

They stood side by side for a while, watching CL's solo parts.

 

"The stylists really did a great job with Chaerin's style huh?"

 

"Yeah, she's really pretty."

 

"Yeah."

 

They fell silent again and it got more awkward by the second, but Jiyong knew he had to tell her what he followed her for. Taking a deep breath, he blurted out what he wanted to say.

 

"You really do look beautiful."

 

This took Dara, again, by surprise. She looked at Jiyong, who in turn just smiled at her. Seeing how sincere he was with what he just said, she mumbled a soft thanks and smiled back at him. He was about to go back to the waiting room when Dara suddenly called him back.

 

"I miss you." She said and then beat Jiyong into going back to the waiting room. This time, it was him who was surprised. This was the first time she ever openly told him about her feelings. I miss you, she said. Oh my, was his heart beating triple time. Now, more than ever, he was more determined to find out her real reason behind initiating the break up, and even if that means he has to figure it out on his own, then so be it.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

What the hell did I just do??

Dara was back in the waiting room, sitting at the couch and flipping through the channels of the television while waiting for her turn to be filmed. She was trying so hard to distract herself from what she just did earlier. Did she really have to tell him out loud that she misses him? She didn't want to, really. However, he was just still really sweet after all that's happened between them. Since she dies her hair yesterday, people here and there has been telling her how beautifully it fits her. She just smiled at them and thinks they're just being modest because she doesn't think it looks that good. But when Jiyong told her that earlier, her heart just can't help constricting from his words. When they were together, he used to tell her she was beautiful every day. Since they broke up, it took her a little getting used to not to hearing those from him. She will always have confidence issues, but somehow she always finds a way to work through them because of Jiyong. Even now, with their upcoming comeback, she can't remember being more self-conscious. And there he goes, to the rescue again, boosting her confidence up. How can she not miss that?

 

Just then, Jiyong entered the waiting room again but this time he was already saying his goodbyes saying he still has some work to do. He bade goodbye to everyone first, then approached Dara last.

 

"See you around," he said with a big smile on his face. Dara blurted out a quick "see you" before he finally exited the room. She was too dazed with his smile that she wasn't able to reply right away. She can't remember the last time she saw him smiling like that. Losing herself in her thoughts again, she started thinking of a plan for the next days. She can't let things like this to happen again. She might not be able to constrain herself the next time.

 

 

On the far end of the room, Ji Na was staring at Dara. She has just witnessed everything that has happened between Dara and Jiyong, and it somehow breaks her heart how much the two of them are trying to hide how hard all this is for them. She knows she played a big role with their break up, but Jiyong is still her friend and Dara is still the woman he loves. He just can't go on and let those two grow apart from each other. She has to make up for her mistakes, she was just to overpowered by her emotions then when she found out the truth about "it." She just couldn't believe Jiyong hid it from her for so long that the pain it caused was far more worse than it would've caused at the time. She just had to hurt Jiyong back, but for all  the wrong reasons that she didn't predict this outcome. She has to talk to Dara again and convince her to give Jiyong another chance. She knows it will be ahrd as hell, though. With what Dara knows about Jiyong, she knows she can never take away the hurt she felt and is still feeling.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong was feeling more determined more than ever. With Dara's little show of her true emotions, he really became so keen on fighting for her again. He knew it would be easier to approach her now since she already blurted out that she misses him anyway. Time didn't cooperate with them, however.

 

After that day, he couldn't find time to approach Dara or any of the other girls since they've been busy with promotions for their comeback. Even after promotions and performances for Falling In Love have finished, they still had to prepare for their Do You Love Me stages. He barely saw them for they were so busy with practices, promotions, and guestings. On the few times he did see Dara or the girls, he couldn't talk to them long enough to even ask how things are going. They really were too busy. Soon, he was also busy himself since his 2nd album was about to be released. He was really frustrated because he also couldn't talk to Ji Na to fish since she was in charge with 2NE1.

 

As the months passed... August... September... October... November... December... They now welcome the new year of 2014. The past few months has been such a busy phase for all of them. Now finally Big Bang Japan Arena Tour is coming to a close. With the attention of the fans directed recently to their new dongsaengs WINNER, Jiyong tried to go back where he left off.

 

As he arrived in the YG building, he got a glimpse of Dara's blonde hair. Forgetting of his intentions to head to the music room to do his round of producing for the day, he followed Dara determined to strike up a conversation with her. He noticed how she rushed to the roof of the building and, getting worried because it was still winter, he followed her outside to check on her.

 

Dara knew he was following her. She actually knew this was way overdue, he actually expected it to happen a lot earlier. But since they've both been busy with their own careers, they only got free time recently with the completion of their recent activities.

 

She patiently waited for him to arrive. As the sound of the door signaled his entrance, she remained silent and just stood there, waiting for him to come closer.

 

"You really shouldn't stay out in the cold. You might get sick," he said, all words he thought of saying previously lost at the sight of her finally in front of him.

 

"Well, I'm used to the cold anyway."

 

They stood silent for a minute, marveling at the view in front of them.

 

"Seoul is really beautiful covered in snow." Jiyong remarked.

 

"Yes. So beautiful."

 

Silence.

 

"Dara, what happened to us?"

 

There he goes. Dara sighed loudly and said, "I don't know either Jiyong."

 

Jiyong closed the short distance between them and held Daras arms, causing her to turn her body facing him. She was bowing her head so he lifted it up and he was greeted with  her pained expression with her eyes closed. She didn't open her eyes, she couldn't. She knew it would shatter her last piece of control. All those months, she tried hard, so hard to stray her thoughts away from him. But she just couldn't stop looking for him, missing him... Loving him.

 

Feeling her pain, for that's just how he feels as well, he closed his eyes as well and leaned his forehead in hers. They stayed like that for a while, their pained breaths the only sound to be heard. Jiyong knew it was more painful for Dara because of some secret she shared with Ji Na. He wished she would tell her what it was that was hurting her so friggin' much, what it was keeping them away from each other.

 

"Tell me, please. Just let me take this pain away," he said, almost begging her. Finally, she opened her eyes and found him looking at her, almost with the same painful expression he wore that day in the practice room when he asked her to stay friends with him. He's hurting so much, and she wished she could take that pain away.

 

"I can't," she answered, tears forming in her eyes. "I wish I could, but it's not my secret to tell. It's yours, and the only way to get through this is for you to remember."

 

"If it's my secret, then I allow you to tell it for me!" He shouted, frustrated with this mystery that has been bugging him forever now. "Please, Dara. Please. I need you back." He hugged her so tight, his head buried on the crook of her neck. To his surprise, she didn't push him away. In fact, she hugged him back just as tight as she did. They obviously felt the same about this matter.

 

Pulling back, Dara cupped his face with both of her hands. He willed him to look at her. With a painful smile, she said "go to Ji Na. She can give you answers. This all started because of her anyway."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Go to Ji Na, and once you remember, I hope you do the right thing." She moved a stray hair from his face and his cheeks. She then gave him a quick peck on the cheeks, which surprised him. But it still didn't prepare him for what came next.

 

"I love you..."

 

She then left the roof, and Jiyong stayed there long after the door loudly closed behind her. He was still confused as hell with everything she said, but he knew one thing for sure: he can still win her back. He just had to take responsibilities for his actions. Which I cannot remember. But Ji Na does. And so, without wasting any time, he took off to Ji Na's apartment, all plans for that day forgotten.

 

Once there, he banged Ji Na's door loudly until she opened the door. She was surprised, she didn't expect him to come.

 

Panting heavily, he told his friend "I'm ready to remember now."

 

----------------------------------------

a/n: This is it guys. Next chapter is the revelation we have all been waiting for, the answer to all the questions. Are you ready to take it in?

I must share, I am so drained right now. Our professors in school are really giving us a hard time for giving all the deadlines for our final works in the same week. I am so freaking right now. Its almost as if they don't want us to graduate! T_T Well, anyway, writing this story seems to be my number one stress reliever these days so I hope I find more time to update despite our killer schedules.

Oh, and shoutout to all my 66 subscribers! Hihi^^

 

Newbie writer,

cescanicolelala♥