Chapter 3:Park Chanyeol,suitor extraordinaire

He's My Pet

Junmyeon hadn't found a lot of opportunities to talk to Yifan,considering that the latter was in the Foreign Affairs department,which was the department where Junmyeon was supposedly "fired" from.

Lee Sukchul,assignment editor,of that particular department,had the guts to insult Minhee when he found out that the relationship between her and Junmyeon was over.

"Pst,I knew that was up to no good.I've seen the way she looks at me whenever she comes up here to pass you lunch.Just because she's from the printing room doesn't mean she has to act so damn vulnerable each time.Have you seen the way she tucks her tail in between her legs-"

Only Junmyeon can insult Jang Minhee.And.Even he doesn't degrade Minhee's worth to such a degree.

Sukchul couldn't complete his question because he was suddenly sent reeling to the floor in pain,holding onto his jaw,after Junmyeon threw a left hook and left him with a huge bruise on his cheek.

"!What the fu-YOU-YOU'RE FIRED!"He shouted,cursing as he got back on his feet."You ing son of a !I-I'll-"

Junmyeon stared at him blankly.

"You'll what?Tell everyone that I punched you in the face?For calling my ex-girlfriend a ?"He asked,studying his nails quietly before looking up to see Sukchul's face pale.

Lee Sukchul was a big man,a terrifyingly big man.He's built like a brick house and cusses like a fishmonger.He's just a man who is in love(lust) with Kim Junmyeon,the quiet and haughty guy whose rare smiles makes him feel really weird.It was the sole reason why he did not land a punch on the smaller man.

However,Sukchul is a very very proud man,and he was adamant that Junmyeon not know of his feelings because he already has a wife and two kids at home.

So Sukchul simply strode towards the window,hands clenched tightly behind him,as he tried to control the wave of emotions inside him.He loved his wife,very much.He could not bear to let his feelings for Junmyeon ruin his life.It didn't matter that Junmyeon was now single.Sukchul still didn't have the guts to admit that he's gay,and that he wants Junmyeon.

No.Kim Junmyeon was a distraction he couldn't afford.

So that was how Junmyeon was assigned to the female magazine department.

"Huh.You'll probably be resigning even before the week's over,"Sukchul scoffed,walking over to his desk as he watched the younger man clench his fists.

He only heard Junmyeon hissing "I'll show you" before he got out of Sukchul's office.He still managed to maintain his facial expression,to the older man's admiration.

"I'll surely miss that ,"he said pitiably,to himself,as he watched the younger man's pretty little behind disappear from his sight.

 

dog1-emoticon-002.gif

Junmyeon counted himself lucky,because he wasn't fired by Sukchul the asshat,but he was still curious as to why the latter didn't take further actions.He knew how spiteful the man was,and he had expected Sukchul to charge Junmyeon with assault,not transfer him to another department.

He remembered trembling in relief as soon as he got out of Sukchul's office.He knew he'd have to learn more about appeasing the readers of the magazine,of which the majority are housewives.

Well,technically,he hadn't really gotten himself fired.

While writing on-dits seemed challenging,he was determined not to let that thought deter him.Because Kim Junmyeon never backs out of any challenge.

 

dog1-emoticon-002.gif

Between caring for Kai and working his poor off trying to meet with Sojin,StyleAid's assignment editor's expectations,Junmyeon didn't really have time to think about the possibility of meeting Yifan and probably asking him out for a date.Yifan didn't seem that free,either.

He knew that his drafts weren't as half-assed as Sojin thought they were;it was just that he had trouble relating to housewives,or whoever it was he was suppose to relate to.Which meant that he had to do a lot more research on people in the entertainment industry and try to project a lot more cheer and enthusiasm in his articles in order to get Sojin's approval.

It was aggravating how people in the department saw Junmyeon's transfer as a demotion,as if the Foreign Affairs department was such a high and mighty place to be in.Junmyeon thought of Sukchul.Nah,both departments weren't any different.

One day, Park Chanyeol,one of the other journalists working for the Sports section of Seoul Time,came along.He was a tall man,with a youthful countenance.He was constantly on his toes around people,from what Junmyeon could see,as if he was afraid that every little word which comes out of his mouth would offend people.

It just so happened that Chanyeol was rushing towards his office with some important paperwork for the editor-in-chief when they bumped into each other.

Junmyeon spilled his coffee onto his own shirt,silently cursing before he looked up only to be met with warm round eyes staring down at him apologetically.

"I am so sorry!So,so sorry!Do you have anywhere to be at,at the moment?Ah,wait here!I just need to hand Mr Heo the articles and I'll be out in a jiffy.Don't go anywhere!"The frazzled man rattled on,before dashing into Mr Heo's office.

As a matter of fact,Junmyeon wasn't in any hurry.However,while he was annoyed with his shirt being ruined(it's from Versace,who wouldn't be annoyed?),he only had to send it to the laundromat to get rid of the horrible stains.Furthermore,he had a spare shirt in his car.Looking down at his empty cup of coffee,Junmyeon frowned.

That was such a waste of perfectly good coffee though.

He was about to walk off when a large hand on his shoulder yanked him back,startling Junmyeon out of his wits.He was turned a hundred and eighty degrees clockwise before he met the eyes of the kid who had unwittingly bump into him.

"I'm sorry,"the taller man said,as he did a double take upon seeing Junmyeon's face. 

He stood there with his mouth wide open for a while,and Junmyeon surpressed his anger at being held back from changing into more comfortable wear.

"Well,hello Sorry.If there's nothing else,I'll just be taking my leave now."

"No,no!I mean,my name's Chanyeol.Park Chanyeol.I am so sorry about your shirt.And coffee.Do you need a spare shirt?Becaus-"

Junmyeon cut him off.

"It's fine.I have a spare shirt in my car.And the one I'm currently wearing won't be suffering such severe damage after the mishap just now,so...Don't worry about it."

"Ah,if that's the case...Let's exchange numbers.I still owe you coffee anyway,"Chanyeol said, directing his gaze towards Junmyeon's empty coffee cup.

He left shortly afterwards,with a "Goodbye,Junmyeon.See you soon.",flashing a charmingly wide smile which showed his teeth,and a little wink.Junmyeon thought Chanyeol looked like a shark.A handsome shark,but still.

Junmyeon was rushing to the carpark when he suddenly stopped in his tracks.

He squinted.

Wait.Did Park Chanyeol just flirt with me after spilling coffee all over my favourite shirt?

 

dog1-emoticon-002.gif

"Hm.Looks like you're in a good mood.Got a date,Jun-nim?"Kai asked as he lolled on the sofa.

Junmyeon smirked,but he didn't say anything as he sat on Kai's stomach,which prompted the latter to squeal and push his master to the floor before he laid his head on Junmyeon's lap.

"Is she pretty?Does she like dogs?Do you think she'll like me?"Kai asked enthusiastically as he buried his face into Junmyeon's stomach.

The older man simply looked at Kai skeptically.

"I'm not so sure about that..."

"Awww...Dang it..."

"Anyway,it's nothing serious.Just a date..."

Junmyeon had been talking to Chanyeol more often ever since they met,and he found himself liking how gentlemanly the latter was,treating Junmyeon like a fragile glass regardless of Junmyeon's gender.It was only when Chanyeol confessed to being gay and liking Junmyeon,producing two tickets to a dance performance at the National Theatre of Korea,held by the Contemporary Dance Company of the Republic of Korea(CDCRK),that Junmyeon realised that his affections,though minor,were reciprocated.It was quite heartwarming,because it showed that Chanyeol remembered Junmyeon talking about his latest assignment,in which he was tasked to interview a few renowned dancers from CDCRK.

He even got us backstage passes.

The older man was surprised of course,because he had thought that Yifan would be the one asking him out first.But since Chanyeol had beaten him to it,Junmyeon decided to simply go with the flow.It wasn't as if he and Yifan were meant to be,right?

Yeah...Yifan has been flitting around busily,trying to get used to the environment at Seoul Time.I don't think he even has time for me.

Junmyeon bitterly thought about how Yifan only waved and smiled at him the previous times they bumped into each other.

Kai's cough pulled him away from his raucous mind;the younger male wincing when Junmyeon got his fingers tangled in his hair but continued tugging on the hairstrands.

"Jun-nim...You're going to damage my scalp,"He moaned sleepily,lightly slapping at the back of the older man's hand.

"I'm sorry,"Junmyeon whispered,as his subconscious mind made him press a kiss to Kai's forehead.

He jerked back when he realised what he'd done,but it seemed like Kai was already asleep,judging from his loud snores.

Junmyeon rolled his eyes as he gently pushed the boy aside to stand up.He then crouched in order to heft Kai up into his arms,before plopping him onto the sofa.He knew that Kai would still creep into his room in the middle of the night,though.

Shameful as it was to admit,he simply did not have more strength to carry the younger boy into his room.

It was better this way,anyway,seeing as Junmyeon was feeling very confused at the moment.

As soon as Junmyeon switched off the lights in the living room,Kai's eyes flicked open.He let out a brief chuckle.

"Cute."

 


STATUS:UNBETA-ED

A/N:

I hope no one's intimidated by me introducing Chanyeol in this chapter.

Don't worry,it won't get too complicated^^

...

I think.

Ooh  seems like Junmyeon's got a date,huh?Let's see how it goes...