Prologue

He's My Pet

 

 

Junmyeon thought that his day couldn't get any worse until the cardboard box a few metres away from him started to twitch.Bristling, he quickly fished out his card key, eager to get inside before he gets attacked by whatever was in the suspicious-looking box.

The moment he took another step towards the entrance, trying to avoid a puddle,the box twitched again.He spotted a tuft of hair peeking out of the worn and tattered box, but pretended that he didn't see something of the like.He gripped his umbrella tighter with his right hand,clenching his card in the other, prepared to charge into the building, when he heard a groan.

The brown box tilted a little to the side to let a boy tumble out of it, long limbs seemingly tangled up, and bruises scattered all over his body.

Wait.Bruises?

dog1-emoticon-002.gif


The next thing Junmyeon knew,he was dragging a limping young boy into the building along with him, umbrella clutched to his armpit, into his apartment, where he let said boy lie on his couch.His wet body, drenched in the rain, created a dark imprint against Junmyeon's brown couch.He frowned, but then shook his head.It wasn't like as if it would take a whole day to dry it out anyway.

He quickly went into the kitchen, where the ever-so-useful first aid kit was kept, before returning to the living room.After pushing his long sleeves up his arms, and loosening his tie, Junmyeon went on to disinfect the wounds on the young boy's tanned body with some alcohol.As gently as possible, he dabbed at each visible wound on the other's body with the cotton swab in his hand, wincing at every flinch he felt from the boy.

Fortunately, the wounds weren't as serious as Junmyeon had thought.It was probably the onslaught of rain which drove the boy unconscious.He was running a really high fever.

Junmyeon worried his bottom lip, wondering what he should do next, after he was done bandaging the worst of the wounds.He didn't know much about taking care of himself, what more could he know about taking care of another person?

Letting out a long, insufferable sigh, he decided to place a cooling pad on the poor boy's forehead.Kneeling over the younger, he brushed away the messy fringes on his forehead, scanning over the boy's chiseled features as he did so.He didn't realise that the boy was attractive before.Junmyeon caught himself staring at plump lips, and jolted backwards.Awkwardly, he laughed a little to himself, before placing the cooling pad on the young boy's forehead.

It was getting late, but Junmyeon did not have work the next day.He was, however, pretty worn out.Standing up, he stretched, stifling a yawn.Work was a little overbearing that day.

Word got out that Junmyeon had broken up with his girlfriend of two years, and that he had initiated it.He tried his best not to show his annoyance whenever he turned a corner in his workplace, only to find his colleagues gossiping about him dumping Minhee, and making her cry in the staff's cafeteria.

It wasn't his fault that Minhee had cheated on him and got herself pregnant.She was going to get married anyway; he found out the last time they had met up, when she wanted to hand him an invitation card to the wedding.It took all of his willpower not to throw it back at her face, because how dare she invite him to her wedding? How dare she try to rub it in his face-?

Junmyeon simply pushed the envelope back towards Minhee with a pleasant smile.

"What are you doing Minhee? I know I shouldn't have expected a lot from you ever since we both first met, but this is too much,"he said in a chiding tone, gaze now cold as he looked at her uniform.

She flushed a bright red, uncomfortable, as Junmyeon stared her down and made her more aware of her lower status.

He exited the café without another word.

It was mean of him, he knew.However, Minhee cheating on him with her own lowly colleague hurt his pride.

It hurt him, basically, even though he was amiss to admit that to her.

He should have listened to his Umma when she said that a girl like Minhee isn't good enough for him.

Junmyeon simply closed his eyes, letting the back of his head rest against the bathtub as he closed his eyes.He told himself to relax and push all of the negative thoughts out of his head, breathing in the aroma made by the bath salts in the water.

Bath salts which Minhee gifted him with when she was thoughtful enough to prepare him a bath to rid himself of stress at work, in commemoration of their second anniversary. 

His eyes flicked back open.

Damn it.


dog1-emoticon-002.gif



Jongin woke up to the smell of fried rice and eggs, sitting up fast as lightning at the fragrance which permeated his nostrils.He groaned when he felt his head throbbing at the sudden action.

He was feeling really dizzy, but particularly hungry, and all he wanted to do was to devour a horse.The last time he ate was when he went out for breakfast with Krystal the morning before, and even that wasn't particularly satisfying, considering how Krystal picked at her own food and constantly nagged at him about having to watch what he eats or else Instructor Ma will kill them-

Jongin had to tune her out after that, and continued eating his tuna kimbap.

His eyes were still bleary, and he could barely make out the figure approaching him.All he could remember was soothing caresses and gentle murmurs from the night before.

He rubbed his eyes, mumbling,"Noona? Who-?"

Jongin almost reaches out to touch the pale fingers in front of him, but was rewarded with a subtle flinch.

"I am sorry, young man. I am not your noona. Unfortunately."

 


STATUS:UNBETA-ED

A/N:

Anyone willing to beta this fic for me?Please PM if interested!

Also,if anything's wonky,I am so sorry because I came up with this in the middle of the night.

It's sort of a prologue-slash-chapter okay-You know what,never mind. 

/bows