#014 Glasses: SungYeol + Hoya

∞ INFINITE 100 FIC CHALLENGE ∞

 “Hoya?”

No response came from the shorter boy.

“Hoyaaa.”

“Whatever Sungyeol, I’m not talking to you.” Hoya snapped back, his tone cold and filled with anger.

“Well technically you spoke to me just now.” Sungyeol said trying to fool the shorter male in a much cheerful and teasing tone,

Hoya shot him a sharp glance, shutting up their childish member almost immediately. Sungyeol looked down avoiding Hoya’s gaze and feeling guilty.

“It was only a joke Hoya. Don’t be like this,” Sungyeol whined.

“It was completely embarrassing. Now everyone knows I wear glasses.” Hoya replied crossly.

 

Sungyeol continued whining at his friend’s refusal to forgive him. He had jokingly made fun and revealed to the public that Hoya wears glasses in one of the episodes of their reality shows and it definitely did not please Hoya. The shorter male remained indignant and simply refused to accept Choding’s apology.

 

Several days later, Sungyeol and Hoya were once again stuck at home together without a schedule.

“Hoya, what’s that you’re drinking?” Sungyeol asked as he peeked in the kitchen and saw Hoya put something in and took a sip of water.

“Uh, water?” he replied showing him the glass of clear liquid.

“Not that, the thing you placed in your mouth.” Sungyeol asked again in an annoyed tone,

“Nothing, it’s none of your business.” Hoya shot back sharply as he put away his glass and heading back to his own room.

‘What’s wrong with Hoya?’ Sungyeol asked himself.

 

The following day Sungyeol came home and saw that Hoya was still in bed.

“Why are you here?” Sungyeol asked surprised

“Why, I live here don’t I?” the other replied in a monotone voice, turning so that his face was buried in his pillow.

“No, I mean don’t you have a schedule?” Sungyeol asked again, uneasy but still curious none the less.

“Didn’t attend my schedule.” He replied, voice muffled by the pillow and still not turning to look at Sungyeol.

“Why?” Concern sounding in his voice.

“Nothing really. It just feels like someone’s trying to crack my head open with a chainsaw.” Hoya replied finally turning to face Sungyeol, eyes closed and eyebrows scrunched together in pain.

“Are you alright?” Sungyeol asked as he bent down to look whether or not there’s something he can do to help.

“Yes, I’m perfectly fine, except for the fact that I can’t lift my head and every time I try to move, it feels like my whole world is doing cartwheels but other than that I’m perfectly fine.” Hoya replied in a sarcastic tone, still not opening his eyes.

 

Sungyeol pouted at Hoya’s response but decided to leave him alone. ’He’s probably just not feeling well and his head must be bothering him a lot, that’s why he’s cranky.’ He thought to himself as he exited the other’s room. That night Hoya did not come out of their room for dinner, insisting that he was not hungry and that he would prefer to sleep instead. Sungyeol’s concern grew and wanted to find out what is causing his band mate so much pain.

 

The following day Hoya appeared to be perfectly fine but Sungyeol still saw strains of pain on his face that showed that his fellow member is still not 100% okay. Sungyeol also noticed that the shorter boy would squint every time he’s asked to read something so he decided to point it out.

“Hoya-shii, why don’t you wear your glasses instead of looking like an idiot trying to read that.”

“No thanks.” Hoya refused shortly.

“Sungyeol narrowed his eyes at the other,

“But isn’t your head hurting?”

“Nope.” Hoya answered a tad faster than usual.

‘He’s lying.’ Sungyeol thought. Being with him for a long time now, you couldn’t help but notice several things about him and one of those is that every time he’d lie, he’d speak faster than his usual tone.

 

‘Gotcha! You haven’t been wearing your glasses. That’s why your head has been hurting. I know that I made fun of your glasses once, so is that the reason why you don’t wear them anymore? I never knew that you’d actually take that joke to heart. I wonder how I can make up to you for that joke.’  Sungyeol asked himself thoughtfully as he walked back to his own room.

 

“Hoya-shii! Let’s go, they’re already waiting for us outside.” Sungyeol called out.

“I’m coming.” Hoya replied as he stepped out of his room.

Sungyeol watched as he walked to the kitchen, face scrunched up and his hand clutching his head, an obvious sign that his head is bothering him again and taking, what Sungyeol would have guessed was aspirin. Rolling his eyes at the shorter boy, he walked back to the bedroom.

 

“Alright, let’s go.” Hoya called but was greeted by an empty living room.

“Ya Lee Sungyeol! Where are you?” Hoya asked, calling around the room as he looked around for the taller boy.

 Without him knowing it, Sungyeol crept up behind Hoya and placed something his eyes.

“I told you Sungyeol, I won’t wear it even if it’s the last thing I do,” Hoya replied turning around to face Sungyeol.

As Hoya was about to take his glasses off, he froze as he looked at Sungyeol’s face. Sungyeol reached up his hand to touch Hoya’s hand, which was still holding on the glasses and removed it from the glasses. His eyes looked apologetic under his red rimmed glasses.

“Sungyeol, I don’t see what you’re trying to accomplish here.” Hoya said trying not to sound amused.

“I wanted to make you feel better so I decided to wear glasses too, to make you feel better about wearing yours.”

“You’re not helping you know. It seems to me like you’re just making fun of me even more.” Hoya replied.

“”Look, I’m sorry for making fun of your glasses okay. Just quit acting like a kid and wear them.”

“And what have others make fun of me again? No, thanks bro.”

Sungyeol hung his head low. Hoya was honestly so surprised at the gesture made by his fellow band member and smiled looking at Sungyeol. Another thing, he had to admit, he looked kinda cute wearing that glasses.

“Sorry Hoya, please forgive me.” Sungyeol pouted.

“You look much better wearing those glasses that I do.” Hoya said lowly.

“Look I’m trying to make it up to you here, if it helps, I’m feeling like a total nerd here.” Sungyeol replied looking down.

“Thanks bro, I appreciate it.” Hoya said reaching upward and messing up the taller boy’s hair.

“Let’s go!” Sungyeol called out as he wrapped his arm around the shorter boy’s shoulder and walked out their dorm.

 

 


Date Accomplished: 11/ 30/ 13

Word count: 1,120